I have a brilliant idea.

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by JMMUSA8, Nov 11, 2003.

1. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How bout the MFL adds a team, say the Acapulco Fire, or the Tampico Revolution and have the team filled with Americans. It will bring these two countries closer together and both of "us" can really create a rich soccer atmosphere? I think its a brilliant idea? How bout you?

2. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what the *#*#*#*# does this have to do with MLS Chivas a bad thing? thread? Nothing at all. Its a hypothetical situation that deserves its own thread. Now shut up and only come back if you have some input.

3. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I know you're out there. I can feel you now. I know that you're afraid... afraid of us. You're afraid of change. I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end. I came here to tell how it's going to begin. I'm going to hang up this phone, and then show these people what you don't want them to see. I'm going to show them a world without you. A world without rules or controls, borders or boundaries. A world where anything is possible. Where we go from there is a choice I leave to you...

[​IMG]

4. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    with what? A rascist team that wont allow a Nonspanish speaking american to try out for their team. Thats all that leaves me with. You can pull your nationalistic crap, but remember what country you are in. I'm being a nationalist in MY COUNTRY. Thats what you people fail to realize. Break down the barrier of "it has to be mexicans" and fans will be alright with it.

5. dcufan1984

dcufan1984 Member

Feb 17, 2002
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have to agree. if they only hire just one pasty english-speaking white guy from vermont to ride the pine, then i will be happy.

or brian ching or eddie pope. i don't really care what ethnicity or race they are as long as chivas demonstrates that they are going to be fair and not discriminate.

6. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Um, quoting Neo from The Matrix isn't going to help your cause. You're coming into our world, not vice versa so don't go acting like a savior. ughhh between this and all the kid discussions at Dragon Stadium, I've about had it with MLS.

7. BulaJacket

BulaJacket Member

Columbus Crew (hometown), Minnesota United (close ties), Colorado Rapids (now home), Jacksonville Armada (ties)
    United States
    May 9, 2003
    Ashtabula, OH / Denver, CO / MN / Jax
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :rolleyes:

8. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Santo Vergara and the MFL save MLS!

J/K[​IMG]

9. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    A language is not a race, fyi.

Even in the dire scenario you picture, say a 2nd generation Chicano (or even 1st) who doesn't speak Spanish is eligible. So there's just one example that disproves your argument.

In NYC, there's an entire community of Spanish-speaking Chinese Cubans. There are Arab-Latinos, Afro-Latinos, white tow-head blond Latinos, Indigenous Latinos, mestizo Latinos, Asian Latinos. In fact, every RACE under the sun has left its mark in Latin American.

So it's not about race.

And, Vergara has stated that the team will NOT be 100% Latino, especially the first years. They are going for a "flavor" and a definitive STYLE.

10. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    uclacarlos - copy exactly what you just wrote, add to the bottom PEOPLE QUIT BEING F'ING IDIOTS, then proceed to post in your message in every chivas USA thread on bigsoccer...thanks

11. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I guess I'm just a pessimist. It wouldn't make any difference. I can't count how many threads KPaulson or other articulate anti-idiot/pro-Chivas posters have killed by destroying poorly thought out arguments.

The thing is, BS idiots are like ants, they just keep coming and starting new threads using "improved" logic, only to get shot down once again. They even get shot down by their fellow anti-Chivas brethren.

12. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by JMMUSA8

with what? A rascist team that wont allow a Nonspanish speaking american to try out for their team.

I doubt that Chivas USA wont allow non Spanish speakers to try out, it just doesnt seem right. And i know the MLS would not let this happen. If they did then they would be just as guilty and it seems that its only Chivas thats getting attacked when it is the MLS that wants that franchise to participate in their league.

It does however remind me of the time the Galaxy had open try outs before their first season (96) and ended up getting only collegiate players which were not even in the try outs..

Thats all that leaves me with. You can pull your nationalistic crap, but remember what country you are in.

I am not Nationalistic never have been. I guess thats just how i grew up. My parents never even celebrated anthing National US or Mex except maybe firecrackers day..

I'm being a nationalist in MY COUNTRY. Thats what you people fail to realize. Break down the barrier of "it has to be mexicans" and fans will be alright with it.

If MLS wants Chivas USA then what they want is the most Mexican of MFL clubs. So i can understand why they are doing this approach but i feel it will be a team open to anyone and will end up not resembling Chivas Guadalajara in the end, except for Name and Uniform..

13. chaski

chaski Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 20, 2000
    redacted
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Turks and Caicos Islands
    . . . and 12th place in the standings. :p

14. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    With MLS going into its 9th season next year, does anyone else think that this Chivas "tryout" sounds a bit amateur? Is Vergara aiming for a Hispanic-soccer equivalent of streetball?

15. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

OOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nicely done.

I definately fall in with uclacarlos on this. People are gettin' all feelings and freaking out over this.

Maybe it has been mentioned before, and if so, I'm just repeating one fact - VERGARA IS A SHOWMAN. He's getting publicity - a whole crapload of it on this website. Either you love him, and want to see some Chivas owned team do well, OR you hate him, hate what he says, and fear his influence on the MLS.

Either way, you will WATCH.

The whole "spanish-speaking only", the brashness, the shoe-horning of a team into a ten team league, the entire CONCEPT of having a Mexican owned team. It's all publicity, and we are all TUNED IN!!

Love em or hate em, you can't wait to play em.

16. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Originally posted by chaski
    . . . and 12th place in the standings. :p

MFL is a very competetive league.. 9th this week :)
    Cruz Azul with two Argentine Internationals is at 12th..