I hate Spurs...What team should i follow?

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by halfnelson31, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Forza Badger

Forza Badger New Member

Aug 29, 2004
    i'm
    Most people don't hate Chelsea, if anything they are jealous of the new owner & recent success. Everyone hates the Spurs.

2. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That's a great name. Especially for a Spurs supporter. Well done lad! Gave me a giggle.

3. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Wrong sorry. Everyone hates us. We're the team everyone wants to beat now. I followed Chelsea for years and now it seems as though if you're a Chelsea supporter (especially an American one) you are automatically labeled a "gloryhunter". I see to your point now though, people might not hate Chelsea but they definetly hate their fans.

That's the worst part (for me) about Roman buying the team. The romanticism (sp) is kind of gone. Chelsea used to be my little secret here the states. I loved it. Everyone knew Man U and possibly Arse but not Chelsea.

Oh and happy American Thanksgiving everyone. Can't wait to dig into turkey, stuffing and NFL today!!

4. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :D

Made my day.

Everyone who hates Spurs is just jealous of their mid-table mediocrity.

I don't hate Chelsea, I'm indifferent. Any team that spends that much money simply has to win.

I don't hate anyone except A*senal (for obvious reasons), and 'Boro. I don't even know why I hate 'Boro, but I just think they're wankers.

5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Chelsea, but not as much now that Roman took over. They aren't exactly a football club anymore, are they?

Then again, if someone were to do the same for Leeds, i would be quite pleased.

6. halfnelson31

halfnelson31 New Member

Jul 23, 2002
    NOVA
    thanks yall for the answers...i think that robbie keane had the best answer. to just watch more of the games and see who grows on me. ive been usin ManCity a lot in TCM so maybe ill catch their next game. Also ill look into Milwall. And for a final point. Im kinda cooled off from my spurs hatred. I was just fired up after discussing Keller's prediciment(sp?) to a friend who ive just gotten to give up baseball to play and watch soccer(he picked the Crew and Chelsea as his teams...cuz of their cool jerseys then he foud out chelseas gonna win the EPL and he was estatic). i just think that santini shouldve let keller at least fight for his spot not just give it outright to Robinson and now that tottenham are suckin that makes u wonder. That said i hope my boi gets a chance someplace else so he dosent have to come back to the MLS this soon. Is there a club in England EPL or maybe CC Championship that needs a quality veteren starting keeper like Keller?

7. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    My God! People hate teams aside from manchester United? My goodness I owe you rep for showing me this new horizon.

8. Mobile

Mobile New Member

Jul 29, 2002
    Melbourne

Er - lack of form?

Jesus, poor old Arsenal. They really are having a crap season.......

9. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    Yep, if people are jumping ship with the team second in the league, second in their Cl group and through to the Carling Cup quarters you have to wonder about them. And the Arsenal fans wonder why they get stick for being glory supporters.

10. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    Im going against everyone here - im a non Spurs fan but i love them.

Support Spurs.

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    This just shows how little you know of the situation.

Keller had TWO YEARS at starting goalkeeper, in every single match no less. Then in preseason he was given a rotation of games with Robbo. The bottom line is that Keller never fully convinced anyone at the club, from the fans to the management outside of Hoddle that he was the best solution at goalkeeper, which is why the club signed Robinson even before Santini arrived, and why nobody has recalled Keller even after Santini has now gone.

You just need to accept that Robinson is better and younger, there is no conspiracy or unfair treatment.

12. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeah, I wish Spurs were having such a 'crap' season.

13. guddy69

guddy69 New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    london
    that was from a spurs supporter.. thats why they are hated so much by ALL the other clubs..

spurs lost to fulham and there fans were saying"we have lost to such a mediocre side" who do they think they are?

14. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    You are Pat Jennings in disguise and i claim my 5 quid ;)

15. guddy69

guddy69 New Member

Jul 1, 2003
    london
    spuds are having quite a good seson by spuds standards..

keep it up, tottenham hotspurs..

16. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i think keller's still up to it at the EPL level. but at his age he's not going to be a longterm solution to anyone's keeper needs. add to that the fact that he's not from the EU (EPL clubs are allowed a limited number of non-EU players, no?), and he's really not quite as marketable in the prem as his skills might otherwise suggest. that said, i think it's entirely possible that a smaller-budget EPL club that's not fully convinced by it's longterm prospects in goal might opt for keller for a year or two. it all comes down to who needs what.

now, as for whether or not he could land a spot in the championship, i don't think there's any doubt that he could get on somewhere - if that's what he wants to do. dropping down a division in england wouldn't significantly damage his status with the US national side. and certainly not as much as riding the pine with a bigger club (which he's clearly not willing to do). so the championship seems like a highly viable option for keller. whether or not it's an option that appeals to him, who knows? one thing you can pretty much bank, though, is that he's going to want to go somewhere where he's pretty sure he will play. and there's no way that any premiership club will offer that to the extent of the championship or MLS.