I Hate NY

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Z010 Union, Jun 30, 2005.

1. URwormfood

URwormfood Member

Mar 24, 2004
    6 feet under: LOT 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe you are so used to sucking them....

:D

~worm~

2. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Right. I see we're still missing the point a bit...the thing is, no one here cares about METROSTARS GAMES either, mainly because it's a D.C. United forum. The fact that you continue to WRITE THE POINT IN ALL CAPS makes you come off as a bit of a raving lunatic. But, its a free Internet, so don't let me spoil your fun.

3. Magikfute

Magikfute Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Clearly its a Pavlovian response. :D

4. dmax

dmax New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New Jersey

Uhh, you attacked me for making that exact point. You're right though, with an average attendance of 13,000, the MLS is really sweeping the whole country by storm. You're just another internet tough guy in a dinky little town. So hows Lancaster loser? :)

5. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    [​IMG]

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Stone cold pimpin' . :)

BTW dmax, your still a pud and I still hate Jersey.

7. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    A little HATE is good

8. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    I love when people in Jersey do the hometown smack...

I love irony too...

Tim

9. dmax

dmax New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New Jersey

lol @ pud

10. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And the fact that finally the Yankees could not just buy old players to win a title. When was the last title for either NYC or NJ? 2000

But that money does you no good when the cost of living is 150% higher. That is why upstate has to pay more taxes than they deserve to pay for even more upgrades to PS101.

The only sport that actually get butts in the seats is football. Baseball, basketball, hockey (didn't there used to be a pro hockey league?) and even soccer (at least in Kansas City and San Jose) pads it's numbers with ticket sales and not actual game day attendance.

But back to the original subject, Meola $******$!

11. vivzig

vivzig New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    The OC
    What exactly IS your point? You hate MLS, you hate the Metros, you hate DC, you hate Lancaster, etc etc so forth. You're a hater. Got it. Why don't you find something you LIKE and go post on that board?

12. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The FBI is watching the NAMBLA site too closely ;)

13. crewzer1308

crewzer1308 New Member

May 11, 2004
    Ohio
    HAHAHAHAHA this whole thread cracks me up! You Barra Brava men & women rock! It was great to see ya in Columbus and I will see you soon!

14. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  15. dmax

dmax New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New Jersey
    1)And the fact that finally the Yankees could not just buy old players to win a title. When was the last title for either NYC or NJ? 2000

2) But that money does you no good when the cost of living is 150% higher. That is why upstate has to pay more taxes than they deserve to pay for even more upgrades to PS101.

3) The only sport that actually get butts in the seats is football. Baseball, basketball, hockey (didn't there used to be a pro hockey league?) and even soccer (at least in Kansas City and San Jose) pads it's numbers with ticket sales and not actual game day attendance.

My rebuttals:
    1) Ahh, the Devils, Giants, Yankees, Rangers, even Mets have won titles in the not so distant past while the Nets and Knicks have both played in the championship round. You haven't won anything since the first Joe Gibbs era!

2) 150% higher cost of living? A little exaggerated but if that helps you sleep better at night thinking you're in the same economic demographic as us, so be it.

3) You're actually comparing actual attendance in basketball, hockey and baseball to the MLS? :eek:

16. spidergoose

spidergoose Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Annapolis
    Club:
    DC United
    DC United... :eek:

Our college sports teams have done well. Maryland national champs and football got decent too. Hopkins lax... (ok I'm stretching here)

17. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Jersey Devils:
    [​IMG]
    You can thank us later...

New York Football?
    Yes sure. We lead in SuperBowl victories 3-2. And we didn't let Ray Ray beat us down by 27.
    [​IMG]
    The J-E-T-S?

I won't get into the Rangers.

But, yes you do have the YANKEES'. And a fine 200 Million Dollar 3rd place in the AL East team they are too. Hehe..Oh wait, didn't they lose 4 in a row last October?
    [​IMG]

18. DutchFootballRulez

Jul 15, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The JETS? I forgot the JETS. Well because they play at GIANTS Stadium and they can't get their own place in the City. Not since HE left
    [​IMG]

19. MattMathai

MattMathai BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 28, 2004
    Annapolis
    Since when do I have to slag their pathetic sports teams in order to hate that whole part of the world?

20. dmax

dmax New Member

Sep 14, 2004
    New Jersey