I hate fox sports world

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by Fah Que, Sep 19, 2003.

1. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    They are not showing ManU vs Arsenal in US live, but they are showing it live in Canada. We get the tape delay until Tuesday.

2. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate them because all they are doing is showing Chelsea v Wolves LIVE, then another game no one cares about Bayern Munich v Bayer Leverkeusen, then Leeds v Birmigham City.

I hate them because they are showing the Metros v Crew on a 2 hour delay.

And I hate them because Sean Wheelock never returns my e-mails.

I hate them because my e-mail did not win "the shirt off my back" when my story was damn well better than whoever won. And it was true.

I hate them because they didn't deliver me lunch today and I had to go out and get it myself.

Evil bastards. How I hates them.

3. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate them so much I'm about to get FSW Espanol as well!!! :)

btw, what time is the Bayern Munich v. Leverkusen game on? Which day?

Thanks in advance.

4. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Come on don't be so lazy.

9/20 9:30am EST

You can find it on their website easily.

They should show ManU v Arsenal instead of Chelsea vs Wolves because it's huge. If they show it in Canada live, why wouldn't they show it in US? If Wolves win, then you can say it's some game, but I doubt it. The game will probably be totally lobsided.

5. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because it probably a PPV game in the US.

6. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the newbies, here is how FSW picks the games to show.

Early Saturday game (KO 7:30 AM Eastern) and most weekday games are shown live.

The best Saturday 10:00 Eastern game is live on PPV in the USA, the second choice game is on 2 hour delay on FSW.

The early Sunday game is delayed on FSW at 2:00 PM Eastern, the late Sunday game (Man U vs Arsenal this week) is live on PPV.

I appreciate any corrections if I have this wrong.

Presumably the reason it's live in Canada and taped in the USA has something to do with money.

Metros/Crew is on delay due to the A-League final.

7. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    this is total crap
    everyone knows that the manu-arsenal games are the biggest of the season just saw all the bets being made in england on sky sports.

and fsw is like home of the premiership yet they cant show this game live???????

if they have the epl package---why is it on pay per view?????

im probably gonna go to a bar to see it but still id like to watch it at home.

is it going to be on the direct tv package??????????

FSW really dropped the ball on this one and i believe last year they only showed the manu-arsenal game at highbury???????

and this is a sunday game and i wouldnt mind if it was a 2 hour tape delay but these guys are freaking showing it on tuesday---its probably gonna be on the yes network as well

and the sunday game we get to see
    birmingham - leeds i believe
    rubbish crap

8. PSU92

PSU92 Member

Feb 27, 1999
    Annandale VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well its not like FSW is trying to make money or anything. :rolleyes:

9. Lithium858

Lithium858 Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Baton Rouge
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL. I'm sorry. Sean Wheelock has an annoying voice anyway. I HATE the way he says "You're watching Fox Sports Wooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrld"

10. DAGSports

DAGSports New Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Yeah, Matt got the scheduling right. Arsenal-Man U from Highbury was on FSW only because the game had to be moved to midweek because of cup ties. Also, most midweek games feature Sky's "pure" feed (which FSW also used for FA Cup broadcasts last year) as opposed to the 1 announcer feed they work with TWI to produce.
    YES will certainly carry the game later next week. FSW also will carry PPV games once or twice, usually 2-3 days after the game was played.

11. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Which is exactly why they know all of us would shell out fifteen bucks or spend more than that to patronize a bar that shows soccer in order to watch it.

Everyone repeat after me: duhhhhhhhhh

:)