I guess Gazza's not coming anytime soon. (Washington Post)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by 1MADDOG, Jul 30, 2002.

1. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
  2. mkpage

mkpage Member

Jun 9, 1999
    Alexandria, VA
    This would about sum up what I witnessed. The boys on the team with their skipper showing the new guy the local soccer pub.

In my view, the behavior I witnessed was nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, had the boys been sitting around sipping Shriley Temples, I would have thought something was odd. But at no time did I witness what one might consider devient or unbecoming behavior.

To be honest, given the loss, I was struck by the good mood everyone seemed to be in.

I think a mountain is being made out of a mole hill regarding Saturday nights activities.

3. Autogolazo

Autogolazo BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 19, 2000
    Bombay Beach, CA
    Are you guys rooting for a team or rooting for the league's image?

If I'm a DC fan right now, how the hell could your team get any worse? It needs a kick in the butt and a chemistry change in the worst way. Even Etch admitted this, and he'd be wedged into the crowded midfield alongside Gazza.

As a neutral, pro-MLS observer, I'd say this deal seems like trouble for the league, but if I were a United fan, I'd be clamoring for anything to change the current state of putrid futbol in the nation's capital.

4. JAnderson14

JAnderson14 New Member

Oct 5, 2000
    Crofton, MD
    You sure sound neutral. :rolleyes:

We need a goalscorer, much more than we need yet another attacking midfielder that doesn't score goals. Gazza never scored regularly, and Diceson's practice reports clearly state that he's still got a weak (velocity-wise) shot.

No one ever seems to care that he was rejected by Burnley, and we're so much more in need of goals than chances. If we get Gazza, I won't be upset at him. I think it's a bad move for DC, to bring in a player at a position we have a crowd in already. I hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see him making much of a difference on the field.

5. Cruyff14

Cruyff14 New Member

Aug 29, 2000
    Jandersen I might add DCUNITED needs a team so stop harping on just the forward.