I fought Matt Law and Matt Law won. Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Pisco Sour

Pisco Sour Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Jul 13, 2021
    Semi related - Silva was incredible coming in off the bench against Liverpool after barely playing since Copa America.

Rman3349 repped this.
  2. Pisco Sour

Pisco Sour Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Jul 13, 2021
    Also really interesting to see what happens with RLC. This is it, isn't it? He was on the bench against Pool, but is he the insurance Tuchel wants? Maybe. He's 25 now and should be playing regularly. The fact that the club are looking to replace his spot with Saul doesn't speak well for RLC. He could be part of the next great exodus.

Also...Bizzarkley is still hanging around. He'd be lucky to get into an MLS side, to be honest. He's not very good.

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #2228 StamfordBridgeLions, Aug 30, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    Last minute rumours . . . CHO to Leicester City in a permanent deal?

Bakayoko to Milan being reported as a loan with an OBLIGATION to buy. As high as 20m€! Brilliant work by Marina.

Tino Anjorin to Lokomotiv Moscow in a season-long loan deal with a £17m option to buy

Danny Drinkwater to Reading.

4. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I am seeing CHO to Dortmund - 1 yr loan....We'd be mad to sell to Leicester.

Rman3349 repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yep, Agreed, the Leicester deal possibility was announced on the telly - Sky sports news in the UK

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea have done well in this transfer window in the off loading of players either on loan or by selling. But Chelsea's purchasing window? Good, bad, in-between? imho It has not been great, we have spent a lot of time pursuing flakes.

Koundé and Saúl will they be incoming before tomorrow's deadline? If not them, who?

7. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I mean we addressed a huge gap by signing our 1B (Haaland would have been 1A) striker. I think depth in CB position would have been a priority, as well, as another CAM.

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Haaland to where next season will be very interesting to see where he lands next year. I was always in the Haaland exceptional player mindset. BUT There have always been these exceptional players, that maybe we do not have. . . Messi, Cronaldo, Mbappae, Neymar, etc. That could have been Chelsea players at some point. BUT, we are the Champions of Europe. Go figure. Maybe, and I think this is true, now, Pulisic and Mount and Kante are also, exceptional players of their generation.

9. Pisco Sour

Pisco Sour Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Jul 13, 2021
    Saul deal off.

Sevilla moving the goalposts on Kounde.

Joy.

10. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    CHO loan to BVB would be perfect man. Guys just put of numbers on that team, they have a clear need with Sancho gone, and he's simply not going to play much at all here.

Hope this one happens

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed but I wonder if we want someone to replace him. We don’t need him as an attacker but deep cover as a wingback was actually clutch. I’d also ask for a crazy high loan fee cause it’s Dortmund. He can get a loan to several good German teams. ******** them.

12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ross Barkley. Chelsea are looking to sell Ross Barkley but it is likely now that we will need to consider a late offer of a loan.

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed in the CHO loan not happening. He is wasting away at Chelsea right now. It's the same reason why Gilmour needed to go this year, while we genuinely need him, he isn't going to get enough games to justify it. He should be getting 40 to 50 matches right now between club and country. CHO should be getting similar. A two year loan (even 1 year) would have been perfect. He gets to ply his trade, get better, and then comes back.

14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hell, at this point, we've finally gotten rid of Bakayoko, Drinkwater, Baba, Zappacosta, and Batshuayi. It's been a good window. I can deal with a Ross Barkley sticking around. Who knows, maybe we need the depth....

JimWharton repped this.
  15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ross as a utility player, he is not without talent, I don't like him, but he's not an awful player.

16. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, I mean RLC doesn't look likely to leave and the rags are saying he wants to stay and fight for his place. That's all fine and good, (I'm a huge RLC fan) but he doesn't really work in a 2 man midfield like this. That's the biggest problem here. Not sure Ross does either, but he might be an option as cover as you say.

17. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Matt Law on the Twitters claims there is still life in the deal. Saul pushing for it.

Blueallthru repped this.
  18. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sounds like Saul is back on. At this point, the interest has to mean we'll get the deal done. I'm fine with this. Barkley moves, Baker moves, Ampadu moves, we keep RLC and that's that.

Honestly, that's a good window.

19. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I see RLC as a very similar player to Cobra Kai Havertz. I like RLC, but Kai is better at this point.

Saul in the middle would be decent imho. He is a more attacking option. Kovacic and Jorghi are not going to hit long balls forward that often.

20. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Sucks about Kounde.

21. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Silver lining on the kounde front is that will be minutes for trev to pick up and he was in no-ones season plans right up until the first time he played. Maybe not even in tuchels.

It could work out very nicely especially as we have a far more settled squad than what Frank had when he successfully introduced multiple academy players in one go.

22. Pisco Sour

Pisco Sour Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Jul 13, 2021
    Saul good, man!!

Cosmin10 repped this.
  23. Pisco Sour

Pisco Sour Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Jul 13, 2021
    Saul to Chelsea per Fabrizio.

5m loan fee.
    (Griezzman to Atletico? Maybe.)

Saul is a really good player who I think will benefit from new scenery/Tuchel.

RLC must be in the pits, though. It's just not going to happen for him here.

JimWharton repped this.
  24. Pisco Sour

Pisco Sour Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Jul 13, 2021
    Ampadu to Venezia on loan.

25. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Saul can play all over the midfield, before Simeone's negativity made him a holding mid he often played on the wing or as an attacking mid. He is a great utility player for us to have in the squad. He will be looking to being ahead of Kovacic in the pecking order.

Cosmin10 repped this.