I fought Matt Law and Matt Law won. Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jun 9, 2020.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1351 StamfordBridgeLions, Feb 10, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2021
    Lots of players out there that are possibly available on ye olde Bosman in the summer. The FREE. The large salary minus the purchase price. As stated above has a tendency to unsettle the team/squad. But it does make some economic sense for a club.

Who is available? Who would we want?

Alaba or Boetang?
    We have been linked with Gianluigi Donnarumma for some time now.
    Do we bring back Mata or spend it all on Messi?
    Shall we resign Thiago?
    What about Giroud?
    Draxler from PSG?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55907793

Alaba to Real Madrid apparently where he will earn earn £204,000 a week after tax.

Gianluigi Donnarumma was apparently Chelsea's first choice in 2020 and we will be after him again in 2021. The plan is too sell Kepa Arrizabalaga and use Mendy as a second choice. A lot of this will come down to agents, and who qualifies for the CL.

2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Or are all these quality players above going to play under Neville at Inter-Miami?

Neville. :eek:

I have never really watched the MLS. What team should support? I cannot really support New York City FC because of the Citeh connections. Never liked the name of the Red Bulls. I hope the New York Cosmos can make it into the MLS. Now that is a great name with some real history.

Cruyff played for the Cosmos in London, for the sixth game of their postseason tour of Europe, against Chelsea in front of a crowd of 39,659 at Stamford Bridge on Sept. 26 - 1978?. Cruyff proved his was still in peak form and the Cosmos dazzled the crowd with their attacking display. Despite several scoring chances, Dennis Tueart’s 38th-minute goal was the only Cosmos goal. It seemed enough for a road victory until New York conceded an 89th-minute goal by Ray Wilkins to draw 1-1.

3. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Who to suppprt? The Sounders, obviously.

No relegation or promotion in MLS (owners would never take the risk...but this is also why ‘tanking’ is a thing in US sports. A risk of relegation would cure that in no time). The only way they’d join MLS is through expansion and it’s unlikely the owners would approve of a third NY team.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Irks me that Detroit, despite being one of the biggest sports cities in the US (Losing records aside at the moment), didn't have a pro team until last year with Detroit City FC.

JimWharton and StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  5. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kays Ruiz-Atil 18 (CM/LM/AM) Chelsea, Marseille and Borussia Dortmund all want to sign the youngster who is out of contract in the summer from PSG. Chelsea's interest in Kays Ruiz-Atil goes back a couple of years and of course the addition of Tuchel will see the interest revived.

6. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  7. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Bayern Munich have agreed to sign Dayot Upamecano from RB Leipzig. So we have missed out on this lad. I feel we need a more experienced CB anyways.

8. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just saw an article this morning that associates this with an increased chance of picking up alaba who could be deployed as left wing back or the left of a back 3.

Not sure I buy into that, but transfer rumours arent going to generate themselves :)

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Just want to see Jorg sold and the Uni-Conor crossing to Tammy under the gaffer to be named

10. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea are the only Premier League club to have offered a contract to Bayern Munich and Austria defender David Alaba.

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hot of the press David Alaba news is that he wants Real Madrid to be his next club once he departs Bayern Munich at the end of the season and he has started to learn Spanish.

12. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Apparently Chelsea want to sign Bayern Munich and Germany's 25-year-old defender Niklas Sule. Seems unlikely to me. Are they planning on losing 3 CB's at the end of this season? Alaba and Boetang and Sule.
    https://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.d...gen-niklas-suele-besonders-chelsea-art-544463

Apparently Chelsea are also interested in Borussia Monchengladbach and Germany midfielder Jonas Hofmann, 28.

German manager and therefore we are being linked with all the Germans.

13. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They’d still have:

Lucas Hernandez & Benjamin Pavard as starters. A vet back up in Javi Martínez. They’re also super high on youngster Chris Richards who is on loan at Hoffenheim.

They could also bring back Boetang still. They’re fine at CB. They could always buy someone new too.

15. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Munich also recently announced Upemcampo. That's why all of these "exit" stories are being surfaced. Same with us and Ziyech/Pulisic. Amazing.

Sule would be a great player.

16. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Completely forgot about that. Yea they set.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Roman Abramovich will give Thomas Tuchel £260m to spend in the next transfer window, regardless of whether the club qualifies for the Champions League.

Haaland is on the list.

Apparently..

18. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Source?

If Haaland lands anywhere in the EPL but chelsea, we'll surely regret it. Going to be difficult as United will just toss 400k in his face like they always do.

19. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If I'm Haaland, I wait. Another year of absurd goal totals for Dortmund can only help, and the real heavyweights will have a lot more money in summer 2022.

His numbers are without precedent at this point, If I'm him I want a transfer/contract offer that is too.

Hope I'm wrong and we can somehow get him. Wouldn't bet on it though

Yahtzee repped this.
  20. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    While I agree 100%, I have a feeling Dortmund will cash in while his value is basically as high as it will ever get. There seems to be a ceiling w/ transfer fees that no one will ever start breaking (150~ or whatever). Word is he is on their fire sale list if need be - better for them to get paid and be secure after a COVID hit year than try and hang on.

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea look at what happened with Sancho. They likely won’t get close to what they would have gotten. Haaland is next level tho. I suspect they’ll get every cent of his value.

22. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Chelsea is where centre forwards come to die with some notable exceptions.

23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #1373 StamfordBridgeLions, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    Tammy Abraham, 23, is unwilling to enter contract talks while the club continues to be linked with Haaland.

Ole at United optimistic over the Norwegian connection to get Haaland.

Haaland. The big summer transfer news.

So, if you were offered a new job in the summer with an extra 2-3 million quid a year, you would simply wait? Interesting, although most unlikely.

We could try to sign Harry kane. but Harry Kane would cost more than Haaland and Tottenham wouldn’t sell him to us and then there is his injury issues and lastly the cost of an interpreter .

24. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Agreed. For Dortmund, the incentive is probably to move him now. I do think it's in Haaland's best interest to give it another year. Will be very interesting to see how that power dynamic plays out

25. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    We need a striker. Giroud is not getting any younger. Tammy might not be good enough. Werner is an option, sure he is fast. Pulisic could be a false 9. AND we should have all those players in our squad. But Haaland. Haaland would suit us.