I fought Matt Law and Matt Law won. Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jun 9, 2020.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Chelsea have ‘agreed terms’ with Crystal Palace star Michael Olise, but he ‘wants’ to sign for another Premier League club. . . apparently

Sesko and Osimhen have been ruled out.

2. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So we are once again without a real striker. Jackson out for a few months with an ankle injury and will miss the start of the season.

limpidrock repped this.
  3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes, but think of the wingers that we shall have!!! Lots of wide players passing it backwards and keeping possession.

Nkunku as a false nine - second striker maybe?

limpidrock repped this.
  4. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven’t seen anything saying he will miss the start of the season. Can you post the link? I’ve just seen serious ankle injury but no details. Preseason starts in a little over a month. He very well could be back for that. Then it’s another month until season starts. He might not be full fitness day one but he could be healthy and ready.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stolen from Reddit:

Agreement between #Chelsea and #AstonVilla for the signing of Jhon Jáder Durán. He would arrive for a figure close to €50M.

Source is a Colombian journalist that works for a big newspaper over there (RCN Radio) so apparently he does have good connections but can't confirm how reliable he is.

—————————-

If true this is unbelievably stupid

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    David Ornstein on Olise: interested clubs, we're talking: Chelsea again for the second year in a row, ManCity, ManUtd, Newcastle United, they're being given advice to go to Crystal Palace first and try to strike a deal. Now, some people may say, 'well, there's a release clause'

7. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    More reports that we are paying 42 million quid, or just a bit less, for another South American, striker Duran, who has yet to reach double figures in goals, though only 20o_O. Now gentleman if you will turn to the graph and spreadsheet on page 98, Addendum A prepared by the Dooo'F's you will see how it is proven he will be the new og Ronaldo...

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jhon Duran (F) left-sided Columbian forward – he could be our new Notorious Falcao maybe? A reflex reaction to not getting Sesko?

Save a prayer for some other striker. I hope we have better options than Duran. He seems like a wild boy. But we are hungry like the wolf for a decent striker. . .

9. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    [other than puns i am not really sure what the point of Duran would be].

Why dont we just wait to see what striker does above average at the Euros 2024 and then completely over pay for them?

10. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    "The Colombian Balotelli" who is also 20 and has no history of scoring goals

Sounds like 50m well spent to me

limpidrock repped this.
  11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    £42 million . . .Our Sporting directors, the blue.co 'Cartel' if you will, are very keen on developing a good relationship in Columbia. They find that get a lot of inspiration from Colombia when making their soccer decisions.

lobomojo and Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  12. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Their decisions to date seem much more Irish-inspired than Colombian if you ask me...

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ? Really there are two different types of Crack . . .or Craic [Irish].

Chelsea's co-sporting directors Paul Winstanley and Laurence Stewart seem like they are very committed to the blueCoke. . . a bit partial to white powder that induces a sort of arrogant euphoria and an illusion of being great a decision making.

14. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My understanding is that Chelsea are talking to Crystal Palace about the fee and the structure of payments. That he has agreed terms and that he will be playing for Chelsea next season.

15. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    ???????

Less of the stereotypes please

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The New Cafu. BlueCo[ke] : It’s €7 million, €3.5m in add ons, a long-term contract for the player. The agent will be in London this week to fix the final details of the deal.

17. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #4617 StamfordBridgeLions, Jun 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    The price got better. £25million for striker Jhon Duran.

“Duran is super keen on the move. There are other important clubs around Europe and calls are now arriving because many teams are aware of the possibility to sign Jhon Duran because of Aston Villa’s financial situation.

“But Chelsea are talking to Aston Villa, they’re talking to the player’s side, I can confirm this.

“Now it’s only Chelsea’s side to decide how and when to close the deal.”

What we know so far. . .

£25million for striker Jhon Duran.
    Duran is super keen on the move.
    Aston Villa’s financial situation means they need/would like to sell
    Chelsea and villa are in conversation

All in all, considering, what is available out there, yeah it seems okay, could have potential. Another prospect. We could have bought Victor from Napoli--- but at over £100 million+ that just had the potential for total failure/disaster written all over it.

Jackson and Duran competing for the no.9 spot.
    DD Fofana and Washington off on loan somewhere.

What is the Duran discipline problem? Anybody know?

18. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jhon Duran

111 senior appearances & only 22 goals, he is supposed to be a forward isn't he?

Am I missing something!

limpidrock repped this.
  19. limpidrock

limpidrock Member

Mar 19, 2008
    #4619 limpidrock, Jun 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    What you're missing is that we are Brighton wannabes. These are the profiles of players that Brighton buys. Except that we pay 10x the prices.

We have to get used to this. After the overspending of the last couple of seasons, we no longer have the budget or football pedigree to attract the top players and top managers.

lobomojo, Crawleybus and Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  20. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes I see your point but even so I'm sure we could do better than this? i wish Brighton were buying him! :-D

To be honest I think we probably already have players at the club that could do a job equally as well? I think Broja would do at least 'equally as well' as this fella so why do we keep wasting money?

lobomojo and limpidrock repped this.
  21. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry I can't find the article and if that's the case you're probably right on the timeline. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

22. ComeOnChelsea

ComeOnChelsea Member

Jan 18, 2007
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Another summer where we are "close" to Olise. MAKE IT HAPPEN!

23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [Di Marzio] #TransferNews | @chelseafc swoops in for #Omorodion, also targeted by @sscnapoli and @OfficialASRoma in Italy. The Spaniard is the top choice for the forward line of #Maresca's team.

24. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Openda [24] striker. Belgium. Openda is a very talented striker that can play as a lone centre-forward or as part of a pairing up-front. His tendency to drift wide - to either wing - can create plenty of space for a striker partner as well as forward runners from midfield. He can play across the front 3. Nkunku style of player?

He has a release clause worth in the region of €80 million. And the chances of him joining Chelsea have been described as 'slim'.

Osimhen or Omoridon or Openda or any other striker with an 'O"? somebody at the club probably said at some point to some journalist over a beer that the club were thinking about signing a striker whose name begins with the letter O. Or Oh, Duran. Yeah maybe it is him.

25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    David Ornstein: EXCLUSIVE: Aston Villa reach agreement with Chelsea to sign left-back Ian Maatsen. Fee for 22yo Dutch youth int’l just north of now-expired Borussia Dortmund-specific £35m release clause. Personal terms in place on 6yr contract