I fought Matt Law and Matt Law won. Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jun 9, 2020.

1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Seems like the summer we plan on selling players to fund the buying of more kids. We dont even get to buy the really cool kids.

This is a strange one, we refused to sign a young Brazilian for above market price. . . .

https://www.chelseatrueblue.com/202...terview-transfer-news-update-real-madrid.html

2. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    IF we kept Mount and added Rice and added maybe Enzo we would have had the makings of a team. Maybe not the greatest midfield in the world, but certainly a real team and a group of players with some interest in playing alongside each other.

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And so the papers say that Chelsea may have to sell some of their star players to raise cash to meet profit and sustainability rules this summer.

What is the deal here? Why is it so vague? We either do not have to sell players OR we do have to sell players. Anybody have the definitive answer?

When we talk about selling players the name Reece James comes up, but what would we get for him at this point? He would need at least a season playing in the first team without injuries for anybody to give us a serious sum of money for him AND he doesnt want to leave.

What other valuable players do we have to sell?

4. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I think the press loves to pound on us while we're down. We're an easy target, we may get points deduction, and honestly, in this case (and in many cases before, apparently with shady agent dealings), we have no one to blame but ourselves. We spent a lot of money and we don't have anything to show for it.

5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree you’re wrong.

What’s he done with that? Nothing.

Once again, what’s he done with that.

I give zero shits about his cost or salary vs the other two. Both were overpays. Doesnt mean we should over pay him or pen any into the squad. Conor is a good player and he plays with heart, something this team desperately needs at the moment but he doesn’t elevate the midfield. He’s a squad level player and there’s nothing wrong with that. Kova was the same but we shouldn’t be playing his as the 10 as much as we do.

He’s the only advanced CM in the 3. Personally don’t think that suits him as he’s not a 10 but that’s where he lines up. He’s got a very different role than the other two in the double pivot. And even in that advanced role he doesn’t have much to show for it.

Mount was an academy lad and English, I get it I do but he’s been easily replaced by Palmer. His bad play played him off the field before any injury that he picked up.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It’s all for clicks, they don’t have any real insight and Chelsea has always received shit takes. We won’t have to sell anyone that we don’t want to.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  7. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn’t sure where to put this so figured it could go here:

lobomojo repped this.
  8. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Great stat.

The way those tweets are worded, with that one-word "sentence" at the end makes me want to put my head into an oven.

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Without Palmer or his goals, we'd be in 17th.

If you watched the CL matches yesterday - especially the Madrid/City match - it's crazy how far off we are from the levels those two teams are playing at. We could build a starting XI from their benches that would be miles better than our starting 11. Here, let's go:

GK: Ederson (or Lunin or Ortega; all better than Petrovic)
    D: Fran Garcia at left back. Rico Lewis at right back. Militao and Nacho in the middle.
    M: Modric, De Bruyne, and Nunes
    F: Julian Alvarez in the middle with Doku and Brahim on the other.

LOL. Christ we suck ass.

10. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know what you mean Brock but that's 'assuming' that whoever played in his place gave absolutely nothing to the team. Hey, who knows, without Palmer we 'may' be even higher in the league................depends on who we have playing in his position instead of him.

I know its hard to not get too depressed HOWEVER there are one or two things we need to take into consideration, first, our injuries over the last two seasons have been horrendous (and I don't think horrendous is even a strong enough word to cover it!), we don't even know how the team would be with Lavia, James, Colwill, Nkunku, Fofana all playing together in it, not once in 2 years have we managed to get anything like our best team on the pitch. Second, I know its a bit of a 'cliche' but the team is the youngest in all the top 5 European Leagues and that counts for something, third, Pochettino is still a 'new' coach who will need a bit of 'time' to assemble his own preferred team and a bit of time to get how he wants them to play across to them. Fourth, comparing us to Manchester City is never going to make us feel good about ourselves, we are a mid-table team trying to improve and not a team vying for the title, and fifth, we have actually only lost once in the last 11 games, its the first time for a while that's happened, we are improving (somewhat slowly).

Easier said than done I know but try and not get too 'down hearted' Brock.

11. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Do we sell Gallagher? he wants wages and we don't pay high wages anymore.

What are our other options?

Cuucrella? what would we get for him?
    Chillwell?
    Kepa?
    Sarr?
    Chalobah?
    Maatsen? £25m
    Hall to Newcastle - i think the deal is potentially £28m - they want him and he wants to go
    Sevilla are interested in David Datro Fofana [21] - we paid £8.6million for him - how much profit are we likely to make on that?
    £35m for Lukaku - release clause - would anybody ever pay that?
    How much would we get for Sterling? Saudia Arabia would be nice, but he doesnt want to leave London.
    Caicedo - British record fee - what would we get for him now?

We need to buy some players. We need some money. We might balance the books this summer. BUT next summer. 2025
    FFP will ruin us

We need an experienced CB.
    António Silva or Gonçalo Inacio or Ousmane Diomande?

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben Jacobs: Newcastle's win over Spurs means they can't finish worse than 14th, thus triggering the criteria for Lewis Hall's £28m move from Chelsea.

13. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lazy rumour of the day is. . .

Chelsea are preparing a €60million bid for Teun Koopmeiners [26] having sent scouts to watch him during Atalanta's Europa League win at Liverpool

14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL.

At least there are some rumors about buying some experience. Oopsy daisy we ********ed that up.

We have scouts everywhere.

15. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I know. A couple of them spotted me in the park the other day.

16. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The rumour season has begun.

i guess we are keeping our current manager. Chelsea absolutely adamant that the club did not pay for a flight for Ruben Amorim to visit London last week and did not hold any meetings or talks with him.

Chelsea are in talks to sign 17-year-old winger Estevao Willian from Palmeiras. He is nicknamed “Messinho” --- Little Messi and so well we have to sign him apparently. Chelsea are confident of completing the transfer, which would see Estevao move to the club after turning 18 in April 2025. We are ready to offer Palmeiras up to €55million for Estêvão, with a fixed fee of €30million + €25million upon objectives being accomplished.
    - Estevão * - Paez - Palmer - Angelo - Madueke - Hutchinson ----- What's going on at RW?

Striker could be Benjamin Sesko - although Arsenal also want him. AND imho Jackson is already levels above Sesko, which means Jackson would yet again be our #1 going into next season. i think Jackson is still not ready to be a no.1. We may also have Nkunku next season and we have no idea what that will mean to the team. Nigerian Victor Osimhen being linked with Chelsea although 1. the price is high and there is FFP --- We're already a 100 mill in the negative with FFP/PSR whatever rules. How we're supposed to spend another 100 mill on a single player ----- and 2. would he not prefer PSG and champions league football? and PSG would surely pay him much more. AND we should avoid signing Toney from Brentford - as he is totally overrated imho. We do need a striker.

Shakhtar Donetsk's £65m-rated Ukraine midfielder Georgiy Sudakov – 21. He is mates with our other favourite Ukranian footballer. He is a Central attacking midfielder. So do we have enough midfield players already? Sudakov is young and expensive and has little experience and so he is ticking our boxes.

Jan Oblak --- after 10 years in Spain --- Chelsea are interested in the 31 year old goalkeeper. Apparently. He is a good keeper. Most of us are quite happy with Petrovic. We also have Sanchez and we are most likely getting Kepa back. Oblak is an older player and we do need some experienced players. We are also considering a move for Wojciech Szczesny, 34, from Juventus.

We need an experienced CB imho.

Thoughts. Always interested in the thoughts of the experts around here.

17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can't see Oshimen coming here. He's entering the prime of his career and we can't offer Champions League this year or maybe even next.

I agree with you on Sesko. We don't need another young project striker. He'll need games to acclimate so whats the point of re-doing what we did this year with jackson?

Oblak would be an absolute incredible buy if we could pull it off. Petrovic is good but I do think we need some real leadership along the spine with Silva now leaving. Our CBs will be very young next season. Szczesny is also excellent. GKs can go for awhile though I'd rather have the younger Oblak. All this to say that sanchez was a waste of time.

The real question is really how to piece this team together from all that we have. We've absolutely dominated Spurs and West Ham down the stretch without Chilly, Reece, and Enzo. No reporters ask Poch these kinds of questions as to how Enzo fits back into this team that now now looks free without him. And where is Nkunku going to play? Hopefully in place of Mudryk.

And what are the plans for Gallagher and Chalobah. Both are worth keeping.

18. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we’re gonna get another ST I like the idea of Calum Wilson. Contract expires in 2025 and Newcastle need some money. We can buy him cheap. He’s not expected to start but can. Is a proven goal scorer and buys us a little time for more development from Jackson but also lets Fofana go on loan for another year or two. Injury issues are real but hopefully mitigated by being a squad player. I’m normally against buying squad players but this team is too young and we have limited funds. The dollars would have to be right but I think this could a win win.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I really like Callum for depth but he is always injured and that's the last thing we need.

Remember we also have Nkunku coming back to provide more goals. I really don't know where we're going to play him, but he was coming off 35 and 23 goal seasons when we bought him from Leipzig. Hell, he even scored 2 goals in 8 appearances for us this year!

What about LOLukaku?

Honestly, if we're able to cut back on the stupid turnovers we make, we should be able to seriously challenge for the top 4 next year if we can stay healthy. Big if. And obviously, we need an upgrade over Mudryk but I dont think that's going to happen.

20. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Injuries are def an issue but for cheap and short term I think it’s worth the risk.

19 games 981 minutes this year
    31 games 1877
    18 1386
    26 2084
    35 2908
    30 2528

Not as bad as it feels. He’d clearly be the backup and if the cost is 5ish mill I just don’t think we can pass it up. They not only get some money but clear his wages.

Nkunku wouldn’t play as a 9. He can pinch in but I wouldn’t bank on it. We want him partnering with a 9.

Naw he’s gone.

Nkunku would be that upgrade if he could stay healthy.

21. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #4521 StamfordBridgeLions, May 7, 2024
    Last edited: May 7, 2024
    Roma want Romelu Lukaku and some team or other in Saudia Arabia want him --- the price is £38m.

Osmihen prefers England to PSG apparently. We shall see. I mean the French ligue is pretty boring he may as well stay playing in the much better Serie A.

Estevão Wiliam - "messinho" - another "generational talent" and "wonder kid". I mean we are all a little jaded, but this one might be for real. We Chelsea fans are feeling a little jaded perhaps when it comes to the wonder kids. Kendry and Estevao are thought to have the same career projections as players of the Neymar ability. As a comparison, Vinicius jr. and Rodrygo were highly rated in Brasil before their move to Madrid, but Endrick, Kendry and Estevao are in a completely different category according to the experts and the scouts. First time since Neymar that players are regarded to have a similar path to him. AND we will have 2 of them. . . Kendry and Estevao - to play alongside Ice Cold Palmer.

22. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [Fabrizio Romano] Understand Chelsea have reached verbal agreement with Willian Estevão on personal terms. Told initial bid still to be sent but it will be around €32m plus add-ons, as talks with Palmeiras will follow. Nothing done yet but #CFC remain clear favorites since January.

23. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Available players / Start of 2024/25 Season

Player / Position / Contract ending
    Deep analysis

R. Sanchez / GK / June 2030
    Bringing this player in was a huge mistake. He isn't good but will be here next season.

D. Petrovic / GK / June 2030
    He has proven he can play at this top level. It's his spot to lose.

M. Bettinelli / GK / June 2026
    I don't know, sure. He'll do in a pinch.

Gabriel Slonina / GK / June 2028
    Only 19 and has anchored the defense of a relegation-bound Eupen in the Belgian league. I honestly don’t know how much of this was his fault, but he’s got plenty of game time. Another loan next season. He’s a beast of a keeper and the future USA netminder for at least a decade to come; maybe more.

Kepa / GK / June 2025
    Benched midway through Real Madrid’s trophy-laden season, it’s been an embarrassing season for our trusty Kepa. I don’t think he’s got a role to play here and will likely get one more chance to earn a contract on loan elsewhere.

Lucas Bergstrom / GK / June 2025
    Extended his contract to go directly on loan to Sweden. Who knows what the bigwigs have in store for him. More loans, surely.

Position analysis: I don't see us making any huge investment in this area. Petrovic is much better than Sanchez and we haven't been losing games because our goalkeeping. Nothing would surprise me, though, and I would welcome a bit of Oblak or Sczecezeznsy for leadership.

Levi Colwill / CB / June 2029
    Overhyped by the club as well as British pundits. He's an average CB with potential. Good for depth. Keep.

Axel Disasi / CB / June 2029
    Already 26; feel he should be more composed but maybe he will be with a year under his belt. Has shown grit and passion which is nice. And a goal scoring threat. Keep.

Benoit Badiashile / CB / June 2030
    Everyone loves to kill this guy but with some consistency, he'll be key. Keep.

Wesley Fofana / CB / June 2029
    He's always injured. Can't count on him and don't know if he'll be good after recovery. We paid a steep price for him so we'll have to keep him around.

Trevoh Chalobah / CB / June 2028
    Our record when he's on the pitch is incredible. Academy boy, which Brits love, but also means he helps our bottom line if sold. I wouldn't sell him, though. He's only ********ing 24 and can play anywhere across the line and shows hunger. Keep this guy.

Malang Sarr / CB / June 2025
    Seriously? Has only made 13 appearances for Monaco this season. Dreadful pickup. No one will buy him. We'll loan out again on the cheap and wait for the contract to run out.

Position analysis: Honestly, there’s plenty of good depth here if we can stay injury free. Five CBs, some of whom can play anywhere across the back, should be plenty for both domestic and possible European campaigns.

Ian Maatsen / LB / June 2026
    He’s been plenty productive at Dortmund - essential, even - to their success. Amazing how a player can thrive elsewhere but not be “good enough” for Chelsea. (see also: United and Sancho). It looks like his days are numbered here, though and will be sold for pure profit. With the rise and stability of Cuccarella, this seems like an OK decision.

Ben Chillwell / LB / June 2027
    Oy. This guy is just always injured. He’s going to stay, obviously, but it’s impossible to know how much he’ll contribute.

Marc Cucurella / LB / June 2028
    He’s really shown something in the second half of this season. Determination, smarts, work. Makes me feel better about our left side, Mudryk notwithstanding.

Reece James / RB / June 2028
    Reece has only played 33 games in the past two seasons, which is worrisome. He’s still only 24 and when he plays, he’s one of the best in the world. Kyle Walker, at 33, has played 82 (and counting) matches in the past two seasons. Same with Trippier. Of course, we’re not going to sell James, but I wouldn’t slap away an offer.

Malo Gusto / RB / June 2030
    Holy shit, he’s only 20 years old. A swashbuckling right back is exactly what we need with Reece out of action so much. He has really grown quite a bit this season and hopefully in 2030, we’ll see him as a steal akin to Azpilicueta.

Alfie Gilchrist / CB/RB / June 2026
    Alfie has really stepped up this year, save for the Arsenal match where everyone played like shit. He’s true blue, has the edge we need, and only 19. He obviously has a lot of learning to do, but I say we need to keep him on rather than loan him out since injuries will continue.

Position analysis: A lot depends on if we loan Gilchrist or sell Chalobah. Both are key backup players at right back. If we get rid of one of them, we definitely need more cover for when Reece eventually gets injured. Vanderson from Monaco would be nice but I doubt he’d come over for limited playing time.

Moses Caicedo / CM / June 2031
    With his price tag and contract, he’s not really going anywhere, is he? He’s excelled without Enzo, which presents quite the conundrum. He has raised his level to a complete midfielder in a matter of months, which is what we expected. He stays.

Romeo Lavia / CM / June 2030
    We’ve seen nothing from him but injuries. I don’t know what to think. I don’t know how he’s going to get time in this midfield as-is. I don’t think he goes on loan because there are others who will.

Lesley Ugochukwu / CM / June 2030
    Another player we’ve seen nothing from. He’s the same age as Lavia (20), but I think he’s more likely to go on loan and get the game time he needs. I don’t know why we have so many CDMs.

Enzo Fernandez / CM / June 2031
    He was great in Portugal. He’s won a World Cup and looked a world beater. Chelsea has screwed him up. He’s clearly a very very good player but he has not done it for Chelsea. Why? He will stay but the manager will need to figure out how to get the best out of him and Moses, or play one or the other based on tactics and matchups.

Conor Gallagher / CM / June 2025
    The big question mark. Do we sell him? Do we keep him? He’s certainly a very good player and at 24, will only get better. Can we win a title with him? Probably. I say we should keep him, to be honest. He’s a favorite and he’s shown he wants to win for Chelsea. But the club has also shown what we think of homegrowns who ask for too much money (Mount).

Carney Chukwuemaka / CM / June 2028
    Another injured player who has not gotten to show what he can do. Highly regarded but in need of playing time. He needs a loan to get that time. I don’t see how he plays much with Enzo, Moses + 1.

Cesare Casadei / CM / June 2028
    We pulled him from table topping Leicester…why? He was playing regularly and he needs more of that. But if he goes out on loan again, we’ll need to extend that contract slightly. I really don’t know what this guy is about aside from what I’ve seen him do in international youth tourneys - which is A LOT. He was very good but needs a chance to show at top levels.

Christopher Nkunku / Attacking Mid / June 2029
    His re-injury was really unfortunate as he looked amazing in pre-season. He will be a major asset for us but it will take time for him to settle back in and figure out where he’s going to play. Right winger, maybe.

Cole Palmer / Attacking Mid / June 2030
    How do we sync him up with Nkunku? Maybe by getting rid of Gallagher? I don’t know. In pre season, Nkunku was put in the same position as Palmer has been playing. Is this one of those good problems? Double CAM setup? Yummy.

Andrey Santos / CM / June 2030
    It’s clear this guy is talented. He’s bossed youth tourneys and scouts are creaming their tracksuits over this guy. All I see is that he played once for Forest on loan and only 9 times at Strasbourg since joining them. Something is wrong. He needs a good loan again next year.

Position analysis: We have a lot of midfielders. Too many. Palmer is now a lock starter from now until what, 2030? That leaves spots for Enzo and Moses and that’s it? What do we do with all these other midfielders? You figure Palmer and Nkunku will rotate a bit. ‘Kuk can also play CF or on the wing. In my crystal ball, I think Gallagher is sold because we’re going to get a big offer for him. I think we will then need another attack minded all around hustle midfielder who can actually move. Enzo can’t really move. He’s like Jorginho but with a dump in his pants. Would love to nick Douglas Luiz off of West Ham. If we’re looking to youth - English, even - we can go for Archie Gray from Leeds who is full of potential. Good player. But not really a starter. Martin Baturina from Zagreb is worth a look. Kephrem Thuram is also very good. We’ll probably buy a Brazilian zygote for 45m instead.

Romelu Lukaku / ST / June 2026
    What a shit show. Amazing that he’s scored everywhere but here. He even has 12 goals for Roma this year. He’ll leave this summer on the cheap. He’s not part of our plans. Still only 30 years old.

Armando Broja / ST / June 2028
    He’s on quite a long deal but I don't know how much the club rates him. We’ve been super thin up top with only Jackson available and we still flogged him out to Fulham, where he’s done ******** all. I don’t think he’s around next season, either. Either a transfer for profit or loan. He still has a ton of potential. For, like, Wolves or Norwich.

David Datro Fofana / ST / June 2029
    No one know why we bought him. He was poor at Union Berlin but has done well at Burnley. But how does that translate into success at Chelsea? I don’t think it will immediately.

Nicolas Jackson / ST / June 2031
    I think he’s silenced a lot of haters this season. His numbers are impressive, especially for a 22 year old - and they should get better as an understanding coalesces with teammates. 16 goals in 41 appearances plus tons of great runs that went un-noticed by our midfield for most of the season. All Chelsea fans love a Drogba comparison, don’t they? In Drogba’s first season, he netted 16 goals in 41 appearances. Jackson still has three to go. Drogba was also 4 years older having logged a whopping 144 games in Ligue 1 by then.

Deivid Washington / ST / June 2030
    Everyone’s favorite misspelled player was on the first team squad this year. Why? No one knows. He’s made three appearances. He needs a loan next season.

Position analysis: We need another striker. I don’t think Nkunku is a striker. I don’t think Ohsimen is coming here, either. I’d rather we don’t blow money on a young, potential-laden talent, either. A player like Ben Yedder would be interesting. 33, yeah. But he’s still scoring goals and provides much needed experience. He’s still quick. Callum Wilson is not a bad shout. We’ll probably go after that Gyokeres guy at Sporting. Big goals at Coventry (meh) and even more at Sporting (meh). Fine. We just do need another body to either compliment Jackson or rotate him.

Raheem Sterling / Wing / June 2027
    He’s been really terrible for us. A serial flopper and goal return is not worth the amount of salary we’re paying him. He’s still “only” 29 so he has some value left. He needs to replace Olise at Palace once he leaves, or something. Plus, Sterling’s house is always getting robbed. His transfer was a terrible decision.

Noni Madueke / Wing / June 2030
    He’s been given a lot of games towards the end of the season and his confidence has really shown through. I’ve been saying this all season. If we’re throwing this season in the garbage with all these new players coming together, why not please let the kids play instead of Sterling? 8 goals and counting so far.

Mudryk / Wing / June 2031
    My disdain for this players is obvious throughout the boards. He’s not good. He was brought in without the requisite game time and experience and it shows. Has he gotten better? Yes. Will he ever be elite? No. He needs games every single week away from the club. Not like he hasn’t gotten chances this season. 39 appearances. 6 goals. Most of what he does successfully is a mistake. And then there are his mistakes. We wasted a lot of money on him but we’re tied up for a long time. He needs a loan in Spain or Italy.

Diego Moreira / Wing / June 2028
    Yeah, no one knows who this kid is or that he is even associated with our club. Only 7 appearances while at Lyon it was clearly a step too high and we recalled him. Let’s send him back on loan to Benfica.

Hakim Ziyech / Wing / June 2025
    All signs point to Galatassaray taking him on for real if we can complete the paperwork. This guy is an overrated douchebag that Lampard crusted his pants over watching Ajax on the tele. 14 goals in 104 appearances for us. It was never going to click though he showed some emotion here. He also hangs out with criminals like Quincy Promes in backwater places like Russia.

Angelo / Wing / June 2029
    Who? He’s on loan to Strasbourg, of course. 24 appearances and nothing to show for it. Back on loan you go.

Position analysis: Even without the departure of Sterling, we needed more depth here. There are a plethora of wingers right now. Take your pick: Antonio Nusa, Johan Bakayoko, Soule, or take a flyer on Chiesa. Or break the bank for Adeyami if we’re serious about winning. But I worry that we're sour on Nico Williams' price tag, we're not going to pay for proven talent like Adayemi.

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  24. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #4524 Crawleybus, May 11, 2024
    Last edited: May 11, 2024
    Oh Brock c'mon Levi Colwill is not over rated. He is a fabulous player, especially for someone his age. There is a reason why Liverpool and Brighton wanted him badly last Summer, Liverpool dont bid big on 'average' players, he was instrumental in England's youth team becoming European Champions. Was it you that called Palmer 'average' earlier in the season and wanted Reece James sold? Why are you so 'down' on the young English players?

25. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    the goalkeeping department is going to be revised apparently. Personally i like Petrovic and i think we would do well to bring in another gk - hopefully one with experience

Robert Sanchez – will not be surprised to see him move on.
    Kepa Arrizabalaga - Back to Chelsea to be sold and then perhaps Middle East. A wildcard might be Inter Milan if the price is right.
    Teddy Sharman-Lowe - Chelsea will likely let him leave as a Free Agent in the summer.
    Marcus Bettinelli - Signed a new contract but may look to move on for regular game time

Keepers of interest are

Jan Oblak --- after 10 years in Spain --- Chelsea are interested in the 31 year old goalkeeper. Atletico need the money apparently - but then dont we also need the money? - and the price quoted is €30m Oblak has not been in good form this season, but a new challenge might work? Him and Petrovic as the two choices makes me feel better about our squad. Signing Oblak is a long-shot.

We are after a GK though and Jordan Pickford has even been mentioned. Personally not a fan.

Everton will demand between £30-40million for goalkeeper Jordan Pickford [30] and it is seen as their last chance to cash-in on the keeper. I know a lot of people rate him, I just feel he is a little pedestrian for me. He is not quite right for us.

James Trafford. Currently on the bench for Burnley. Only 21. I do like the look of him. I like a tall goalkeeper and the lad is 6ft 6" and he also has the added advantage of growing up a Chelsea fan. He has good reflexes and good distribution - he began his career as an outfield player. I think he is worth keeping an eye on. But are we looking for another new young project? Get Oblak in and keep Petrovic.

lobomojo repped this.