I Feel This Is Obligatory But Am Not Excited: New York Rangers 2010-2011 Thread

Discussion in 'Ice Hockey' started by otterulz, Oct 7, 2010.

1. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night's loss was one of the most infuriating losses I can remember in a long time, especially because of who we were facing. That really, really pissed me off.

2. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a friggin game. After a gutsy win against Philly yesterday, the Rangers put themselves in a hole against the Bruins and somehow got a win. Down 3-0 after the first, they got 2 in the second. Then with just over 3 mins left, they exploded for 3 and won. That was about as amazing a game as I can remember and the Garden sounded like it was in playoff mode.

Rangers are now in 7th place in the east, a point ahead of Buffalo who has a game in hand. 2 games left. Lets get this shit done.

3. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Can't be said how big of a win that was.

4. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Callahan out with a broken ankle. No idea how long but can't envision him coming back this season. Maybe in the later rounds of the playoffs if they get that far but this is not good. He's the heart and soul of our team. BUT, this team is certainly that; a team. And they have the ability to pick each other up.

5. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Could prove costly. I doubt we'll see Cally anymore this season. I just can't see this team going deep enough for him to recover.

6. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    lost embarrassly 0-3 to Atlanta and control of their own fate fed up with this shit for how long?

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the most disappointing loss since.....well, the Isles game last week. The Rangers needed 6 friggin points to clinch with 6 games left. Inexcusable. If they miss the playoffs, so be it. After last night, I don't think they deserve it.

8. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Majority of the team doesn't deserve it.*

9. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    fingers crossed for Atlanta 2nite any1? i'll tryna watch it but do not share any expectations for this one Canes in good form lately and Thrashers probably still over heeled from last night combined with flight and lack of challenge it looks deemed

10. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    what really hurts is Rangers with +32 GD not control their own destiny while Canes with Barely +1 do while thanx to the SO introdution Gers still even have a chance(not really if they intend to play like yesterday Vs the Devs)
    then it's all up to Tampa and i can't see them go to the wire with the playoffs just around the corner for them locked at 5th

11. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    All comes down to tonight. Carolina currently holds the 8th spot...you guys need a win and hope they lose.

12. Forza_Totti

Forza_Totti Member

Oct 16, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ranger win and now they await the result of the Canes match tonight. A Carolina win and they're in.

13. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    WELL DONE TAMPA an opportunity to get even with the Caps after 2009 playoffs loss this time if we'll take a 3-1 series lead i have a feeling we won't drop it again :)

14. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let's friggin' hope so!:D

15. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh god, that was when Varlamov replaced Theodore and he was on fire. I'm scared Neuvirth will do the same.

I think we have a good chance this time around, especially considering the wins we've had against the Caps this season. However, Washington has surged to close out the season and the Rangers are without Cally. I doubt the Caps will lose again in the first round but who knows?

16. ShevaDani

ShevaDani Member

Jul 14, 2009
    MIGHTY EUROPE:D
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lets go,rags!

17. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Down 2-0 in the series after losing 2-0 tonight. Rangers offense looked lifeless. I thought those penalty calls were shit but whatever. Caps took advantage and that's all that matters. Dump Gabby after the season. If you're not gonna produce, no point in having him.

18. KyleS8

KyleS8 Member

Jun 3, 2008
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    RIP Boogy :(

19. Michael K.

Michael K. Member

Mar 3, 1999
    There or Thereabouts
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm no Rangers fan, but it's just terrible to hear of Derek Boogaard's passing. 28 is far, far too young. RIP.

20. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    So sad to hear about the passing of the Boogeyman. You never want to see someone so young, and such a good person, pass away. The hockey community lost a good man yesterday.

RIP Boogeyman.

21. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Larry Brooks
    @NYP_Brooksie
    30m
    BREAKING: Rangers have reached agreement to hire Gerard Gallant as head coach,

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States