I dread...

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Elliad, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    the next match, I really do.

With what this team has shown so far, and to face Iran or China (or Uzbek) and play like again the team will get murdered. Meh.

2. Step-Over

Step-Over Member

Mar 29, 2003
    I totally agree. It was better that Korea got knocked out of the group stage, as they would have learned from the experience.

3. korean_soccer123

korean_soccer123 New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    dude c'mon, they should've just kicked themselves out at the group stage to save embarrasment from losing in the QF, i always not making it out of the group stage is more embarrasing then losing in the knock out stages:confused:

4. korean_soccer123

Jun 4, 2006
    wait nvm :p

5. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I guess one thing that would've been worse is to get knocked out by LOSING/DRAWING to Indonesia playing an equally terrible match (like today's). Err.

6. korean_soccer123

Jun 4, 2006
    if pim still say's he thought korea plyed well in the interview, he's absolutely bonkers

7. Koreano

Koreano Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Club:
    Seongnam Ilhwa
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It doesn't matter, this is a tournament. Anything can happen as you can see Korea. :rolleyes: I'm betting on better conditions at Malaysia and Pim's desire to prove every fan in Korea wrong to give him and his team that extra incentive that they've made it against all odds today.

8. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    But nevermind Pim (though he did take a revenge of sorts on Lee DG by not putting him in till the 87th minute), just how many more chances are our players going to miss?? Even against Indonesia, all those chances that should've been converted... It's just incredible.

9. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Law of averages would say that those chances will start to turn into goals. Don't worry. Korea plays up and down to the level of competition. Pim must have gotten Zico's black magic.

10. Korvinus

Korvinus Member

Juventus
    Mar 24, 2007
    well, you never know... (Beauty of football) It's unpredictable...

Aussies are in
    Taegeuk Jeonsa's are in

What's next? Uzbeks???

11. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    It'd be funny if Korea and Australia met in the final after all this, though. LOL!

12. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    i have to agree with Elliad. I missed last 15-20 minutes of the game thanx to f&*king directTV but it looks like i didn't miss much.

Had Indonesians had a bit more experienced players, we would have ended in a draw or even worse. We continued to display some awful headers, cross attempts, long ball, defence... but it has been an improvement over the previous game. JJJ could have proven himself in this match... but sometimes i forget he is still JJJ... LCS is back... that's cool. Our younger guys are getting better. a bit better defense... but that was against an inexperienced side. christ, knew they played rough but it's another thing to watch it on the receiving end.

But at this point it's clear to everyone that KSA>>KNT. while they redeemed themselves and showed that they just had a slow start, things look bleak for us.

we are just awful. the only silver lining i can find is that our guys aren't lazy and it's not like they aren't trying.

13. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    btw, it looks like we are going to play Iran yet again ;)

This is the 4th consecutive Asian Cup QF match-up,

1996: Iran 6-2 Korea
    2000: Korea 2-1 Iran
    2004: Iran 4-3 Korea
    2007 Korea ?-? Iran

I'd like to say at least the trend favors our team (it's our turn to win! ;)), but seeing the team's current form... Blah.

14. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Don't worry. Iran always plays down to our level. :D Seriously, there is an element of truth to what Pim is saying, when he says that Korea has played "well." Korea has had scoring opportunities that they did not capitalize on. So, like I said, law of averages say that those opportunities have to start turning into goals.

15. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Whats really friggen scary is that we could almost put our U-20 team in the tournament and they would probably end up doing better than us.

Hell, we could play our U-20 squad and the senior NT would have a very difficult time.

I cant tell you how utterly disappointed I was tonight. I turned off the game about a 20 minutes into it.

Struggling against Indonesia? Home team or not...Cmon now...WTF

Guess I know what the Italians feel like now. :D

16. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Except Italy lost and go KO by us :D

17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I read that Pim was having the NT practice crossing and scoring off crosses before the Indonesia game... which fits in with his losing strategy.

This isn't a bad team but they need to pull something new out of the hat instead of doing the same crap plays over and over again.

18. vagabondmd

vagabondmd Member

Feb 25, 2005
    lol you know what i noticed, JJJ had a great chance at goal during the indo game, but instead he headed it back into the box instead of shooting it. i wonder why he loves heading balls down... he should learn to just take some shots on goal... lack of confidence i tell ya.