I don't understand how Blair could have a talk with

Discussion in 'France' started by Ballon d'or, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Ballon d'or

Ballon d'or New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    IOC members without Rogge not knowing about it. Is that legal ? In that case why didn't we do it ?
    If it's not i don't get it, the message is clear now : you have to cheat to get what you want.

How stupid we look now with all the efforts we put to get that olympics. London didn't show any love for them and all it took was some offensive lobbying.
    And they said that IOC members really valued countries that showed passion and love for the Olympics.

Bulls*it, i'm gutted.

2. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    From what I've heard, in the last three days, everyone has the right to talk with everyone else. It's not like the Pope election. Apparently, Samaranch did the same for Madrid, speaking to all IOC members one after another.

Probably, for Paris, someone with better diplomatic abilities than David Douillet was required.

3. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't even know why anyone cares. Olympics are a joke anyways. Nothing but debt, corruption, and cheating. Oh, and traffic, I forgot to mention the horrible traffic.

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have to say it has been fairly embarassing to see France constantly licking IOC's arse just to be kicked in the balls eventually. I think we should restore some dignity...

5. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    hey consider yourselves lucky. Back when Toronto lost out in the race for 1008 olympics I was dissapointed, but then I realized all the bad things, raised taxes, millions of people comming into the city the city would be paralyzed.

6. Hazzathewazza

Hazzathewazza New Member

May 30, 2005

So your saying getting the olympics is a bad thing :confused:

Hmmmmm!

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Damn straight back in 1008, those Vikings were really causing some s***t.

Setting fire to things, raping and pillaging...

8. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes. Trust me. Overated, waste of money and time. Took us 7 years to prepare for two stupid weeks, and we are still paying for it. Oh, but don't worry, think of all the future tourism revenue..... Sure. Whatever.

9. Pierre-Henri

Pierre-Henri New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    Strasbourg, France.
    Same in Albertville. It gave a lot of work to the tax collectors, and that's all. 2 weeks of fun, 20 years of debts.

10. Ballon d'or

Ballon d'or New Member

Jan 30, 2004
    Yes you're all right to point out the downsides of the olympics, but still i really wanted them here. I think it's a truly unique thing in one's life to live.
    I also thought about the cost of it all and it's true France's debt has reached colossal proportion, so maybe it's for the best i don't know.

Does anyone know what would have been the % of the overall amount the french state would have spent ? More than 50% ?
    And how much corporate firms would have ?

11. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Concerning the French bid for the Euro 2012, apparently France has stopped the project, too bad.

http://www.amb-croatie.fr/actualites/vatrene-godine.htm

12. Breakwood

Breakwood Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Acctually the citizens of France may have been the winners out of all this. London is only a 3 hour train ride from Paris so the parisiens can easily go to the games in london, and you guys dont have to worry about the raised taxes and stuff to your city.

13. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    lol. i just came back from Montréal, and EVERYBODY there keeps complaining about the Olympic Stadium and how having to maintain it have screwed them over.