I can't stand Nationalistic commentators!

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by luisare81, May 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luisare81

luisare81 New Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I just watched the game Santa Fe - Chivas and I had to get this out of my chest. These guys are grossly biased and disrespectful.
    The condition of the field was terrible, but a good team should be able to play anywhere. The whole game they said that the only reason why Chivas played so bad was because of the field.
    Also, these guys repeated several times how good the Mexican league was. If their teams are so good, how come they have never won the copa since they started competing in 2000? I just hope that Velez kicks Chivas' ass real good.
    Oh! And by the way I think that these Mexican dudes are m.a.r.i.c.o.n.e.s too. One of them said at the beginning of the game that Gareca was cute.

2. devilman

devilman Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Houston,Tx.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Re: I can't stand Mexican comentaristas!!

Youre hate of twords the mexican commentators are valid , especially the FSE ones... SSamuel Jacobo is a joke....

How come since libertadores started only 2 Colombian teams have won the tourney???

Cruz Azul came very close when they got to the final ....

America and Chivas made it to the semifinal...

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA

I think Mexican teams started playing in 97 or 98 in the Copa if not mistaken not 2000.

4. chololo

chololo Member

Jan 7, 2006
    san bernardino

i agree with you about the them talking too much about mexico but look the field it was like somebody took a dump all over and if u hate the comentaristas hate them not chivas we won fare and of course velez can beat us look are team crippled six missing players if they would be playing they would give velez a war i know u watched the sao paolo game which we did outstanding and beat them in their home when was the last time that was done 20 years ago in la libertadores

5. Carlillos2theMex

Apr 22, 2006
    Güiscansen

I couldn't agree with you more about Jacobo.

6. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

I think the biggest problem is proudness makes sometimes people blind towards reality, you know, love makes you bliind. Mexicans suffer a lot from that. Is good to support your country and whatever comes of it, but give me a break, Mexican futbol hasnt proved anything to anybody at all. So there is no need to make remarks or comments about how it is the greatest or so if the results arent there. Is like the USA, not even americans agree they are the 4th team in FIFA, however I am sure mexicans do thing they belong in the position they have right now... 6th buy the way. Over France? OVer Argentina?? Give me a break. Pero estoy seguro que los mexicanos creen que esto es correcto. At least americans will tell you they dont belong in 4th. And I think this is also represented in the commentators. That is why no one really likes mexican commentators because you can never count on a fair comment on a game. Specially if it involves Mexico's interest.

7. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

lo de ayer fue penoso....y peor aun que al otro boludo cerca de samuel elbobo se le contagio la falta de objetividad!

volvemos a lo mismo, como nunca cruzan fronteras futbolisticas - solo conocen de FMF....Y eso los deja en desventaja de conocimientos globales del futbol actual

es una pena para FOX y una tortura para los televidentes

8. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

i think it would be better if you don' comment or something you know nothing about, not a single person i know nor i have read anywhere, that anyone believes in that 6th place in the fifa ranking. Hell i won't take it that far, just go to the Mexico forums and try to find a post full of poster justifying why Mexico is ranked 6th place like americans have done in their forums.

Same thing with the mexican commentators, you base your opinions on commentators from Fox Sports? they are not only biased but irritating to watch/listen to, but does that mean mexican commentators are like that? doubt it.

Fox sports is the one to blame, they are the ones hiring unprofessionals.

and flash news, mexican commentators are not the only ones biased....some argentines are the masters of that art...

oh and the field was a joke and a complete insult to both teams...they should've played with a beach-ball instead

9. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

I don't think they should have played, period. Maybe for a local league game anywhere that field was fine, but not for an international competition, the standards have to be kept......I was disappointed to see El Campi'n like that last night, and ashamed at the same time.

10. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx

Dude im mexican and I could tell you they suck, When I watch those partidos I try to ignore them. Now about the comment made that Mexicans think that our soccer is better, well i dont think its necessarily true. Im just proud and happy that the MFL is showing that we can compete against some of the best in the world, I bet you anything before the MFL joined copa libertadores they were seen as inferior, now teams like chivas are getting the respect that they deserve. so THATS what im looking for in these tournaments, Respect. We cant gain respect from playing teams from con-caca. And for the colombianos dont worry about the field, the people that need to be ashamed is the MLS, the MNT has played in some of the worst field conditions playing friendlies here in the US.

11. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

samuel jacobo is a ********ing moron !!! so is that other idiot that was with him...im not gonna beat around the bush..most of the freaking fse commentators are trash..i cant stand that ********ing argentine who insists in speaking portugese when a brasilian team is playing !! (cant remember his name) ridiculous....i dont agree with u on the field issue...fact of the matter is when u play on a field with that kind of condition..you wont be able to play well..this goes for both teams not just chivas...i kno from personal expirience..a field like that brings down your overall game...jacobo is baised tho...i cant stand that shit...one thing i DO like about the argentines is that most of the time their unbaised..but it boils down to is this : fse needs to desperately look for some better commentators !!! :D

12. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

I thought i was watching rugby !!!:D

13. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

2 month of rain in a very cold city, couple of concerts, 2 teams using the same field and copa libertadores games in Mid week.... help to ruin that campin!

el drenaje no alcanza a tragar tanta agua, y el frio de la ciudad no deja que se seque ..... hace meses el municipio o entidad distrital que administra el campin dice que vienen cambios totales y que los conciertos no son los que arruinan el campo!

es una mei rddda...por donde la miren y nadie esta contento

14. Pibe#10

Pibe#10 Member

May 1, 2003
    ArmeniA
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

eso son escusas de los adminitradores, ?hace cuando existe el campi'n? en todos esos an~os han hecho lo mismo, conciertos y partidos, y este el peor an~o del estadio.....nunca en mi vida lo he visto asi :mad:

15. juanse_moncayo

Jul 29, 2004
    Columbus OH- Ecuador
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador

i am not making this up I promess! I dont make comments out of thin air. I talk with a lot of mexicans, 95% of the latinos in Ohio are mexicans. And most of them think they deserve to be there, not only that, a few have told me that they should be instead of the USA in fourth!!!! I must be talking to the wrong group of people but at the end, they are mexicans, and they all play soccer, its in our city's tournament. Perhaps you are right about the view of Mexicans in Mexico, I am not aware of that. But what can you tell me about the view of mexican league and mexican teams like chivas? How do people feel about these teams compared to the rest of South America? Also, I have heard not only from fox but also univision and espn en espaniol some biased comments there. But you are right. I've seen som argentinos like that too, pero los mexicanos son peores.

16. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA

i was reffering more to people that actually know about soccer instead of the kind of person who just knows of Mexico when they play Brazil or in the World Cup...like i said i dont have to go that far, just look at the Mexico forums and you'll get the idea of how much those rankings matter to the people..

The view of the Mexican league it's probably competing to be the third best league in America behind Brazil and Argentina. And that mexican teams have become more than just simple participants in the Libertadores and are expected to have a good showing every year at the very least.

About Chivas the view is how they keep doing a good job in Libertadores and how they keep having good results in the cup even better than the other MFL teams that fill their squads with foreigners for the Libertadores.

Fox, Espn, Univision, Telemundo..they all go hand in hand, their commentators are mediocre and they should feel ashamed of hiring people like that.

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

los suplentes de chivas vs santafe.............did well!
    chivas#2 de lavolpe vs Venezuela......is that in FOX or telemundo

18. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA

What I personally despise of Mexican commentators is when they go on and on and on about what the team needs to do to win. For example they see a team playing bad and they start talking about 5 mins about how they should stop tirando centros al area or how they need to do this or that. I wish they just stuck to commentating the action and not playing the role of the coach/players which is not their job.

19. luisare81

luisare81 New Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Los Angeles

I agree 100% on this. I must confess that before Mexican teams started to participate in Copa Libertadores I was not aware of how good and competitive they were. Now, it is well established that any team of South America facing a Mexican rival will have a hard time.

20. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake

OR JUST DO THEIR HOME work and learn about the other team some basic facts...

even worse.......they do not have a clue about the stadium they visit, the city or the weather... I can not be that hard to check the local press and read about them....or from the local team web site some recent history and more...

turds!

lets see what we get tonite (MAKE YOUR OPINION COUNT!)

I found this place to leave messages with criticisim about their broadcasts:

Fox Sports en Espanol
    Jennifer Serna
    310-444-8736
    or
    H&M Communications
    Etienne Hernandez-Medina
    310-849-3663

21. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004

thanx for the contacts...ive just let them have it !!!!:D

22. Peruvian_6663

Peruvian_6663 Member+

May 28, 2005
    In my House
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru

TY I HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS AND DIDNT THINK ANYONE WOULD AGREE WITH ME

THANK YOU I AGREE WITH YOU!!

23. DanRod78

DanRod78 New Member

Mar 30, 2003
    Kansas City, KS

It doesn't bother me
    What f...ing bother is that ALL GAME LONG they are talking about what the mexican team needs to do to score a goal or what they need to do to keep the other team from scoring (like when they win the first game)
    And they don't say ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what the other team needs to do to win.

24. Carlillos2theMex

Apr 22, 2006
    Güiscansen

fox and univision I can understand. I think espn and telemundo do a good job.

25. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre

Why do they root so hard against Brazilian teams...is it a Spanish language alliegence? Tonight in the Inter x Nacional game it was obvious...again...and again and again...every time. Jorge Ramos seems to be one of the fair ones but he doesnt seem to do play by play often in the Libertadores.