I Can't Let Go Of The Past!!!

Discussion in 'Manager Games' started by house, Nov 14, 2007.

1. house

house Member

Dec 27, 1998
    Inver Grove Heights, Minn.
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I keep starting over Champ Man 2000/2001. I did buy Football Manager 2005, but I don't care for game day action. I just think the older games were the best!!!! I want to be able to play a Champ Man game with current players without spending 35 hours with the edit program. Is there any solution for me????

2. savelints8

savelints8 Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Meh. I have WSM2007 and I don't know if I'll be getting 08. I'm hooked on my Tottenham team!

3. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ha same here CM 00/01 was the best. I usually just use the option for fake players.

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmmm...00/01 was the first version I ever had, and to me, the tactics had two pretty major flaws. First, narrow tactics are too strong, wide play is too unimportant. Second, 35+ yard shots just fly in. They fixed it a bit with a patch, after Patrick Kluivert scored a hat trick against me in the CL with shots of 40, 35, and 45 yards, but they didn't fix it all the way.

I think 01/02 was alot better. I thought 00/01 was too easy.

But I know what you mean. The w/wo ball screens were awesome. But it also made it too easy to find an unrealistic cheat tactic and dominate. Me, I avoided unrealistic ultranarrow tactics because it was no fun.

But I was tempted. :D

5. hoboken16

hoboken16 Member

Jan 16, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ USA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not for 00/01 but for 01/02

I contribute to a site that has updated rosters through the September 2007 transfer window. I'll post the link when I get home if I remember

6. russ99

russ99 Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Chi-town
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Heck yeah, if you have a Sony PSP... :D

Football Manager Handheld is often compared to CM 00/01. It has reduced features from the current FM PC-game and contains a classic text-only match-engine.

Also it has all the tactics (pre-set), transfers, contracts, etc. of FM without the massive amount of micromanagement and time needed to do so as in the PC game. I typically play a season in about 3-5 hours. Media communication is fairly limited and there's a squad limit of 36 players (unless you have a II team, which some leagues don't) but it's a pretty realistic and fun version of the FM/CM experience.

Football Manager Handheld '08 for the PSP is coming out on Dec 1st in Europe, so if you want a deal you could get '07 pretty cheap or if you don't want to wait. If you're in the US, PSP games are region free, so you can import a copy as I do every year.