I can't believe I'm saying this

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Sport Billy, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Sport Billy

Sport Billy Moderator
    Staff Member

May 25, 2006
    I HATE THIS TEAM

I've been a Newcastle fan for 30+ years.

The reason I follow Newcastle is that win or lose, they were a very entertaining team.
    The fans loved knowing that no matter what, they are going to see a great game.

Those days are over.
    Steve Bruce has the tactical mind of a parent coach of a grade school team.
    He is awful. No one wants to watch this.

I HATE THIS TEAM

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  2. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And this was before you watched us struggle past a League 2 club on penalties! It was being overrun in midfield by Tottenham and having only 1 shot on goal in the last 2 matches, with the "1" being a last minute, ridiculous VAR penalty to draw on Sunday.

I feel it, too. There was never any hope of being a winning Premier League side this year - we've only managed that once since Ashley bought the club in 2007 - but I wasn't expecting a relegation season. They look like they don't deserve to be on the field. What's surprising is that in the West Ham match we were comfortably better than them. It seemed that the new additions of Lewis, Hendrick, and Wilson had solved some of their problems, especially being able to hit the target.

I will wait to see if the first team's talent is enough to not be embarrassed week after week before condemning them. One day we'll be able to hope to not be completely dominated, home and away, by all of the top 6 clubs, but probably not until after we're sold.

3. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least Saint-Maximin is worth watching! He was out for Newport, Tottenham, and most of Brighton. Wilson is finally a striker who can be in position and hit the target. I swear, if it wasn't for Bruce, we'd be half-decent.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. el americano

el americano Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Jun 9, 2006
    San Francisco
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By good spell, they mean two matches. I accept the defensive lapses, because he adds to the offense. For that reason, his crossing has been too weak. If he could deliver consistently, he'd be the starter.