I cancelled my newspaper subscription...

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Pathogen, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    People getting their panties in a twist every time she opens her mouth = shitloads more money for her. Congrats, you officially work for Ann Coulter, for free!

2. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think Democrats or Liberals give to her coffers as much as you think. I can't really see how me cancelling my paper is a bonus for her. If there were more people like me, she won't ever run in that paper again.

3. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I wasn't really talking about you cancelling the paper, but she does thank you for starting a thread. :D

4. Pathogen

Pathogen Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Like you care.
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She'd sooner spit on me than thank me. One measily thread on a soccer forum is nothing compared to the coverage conservative rags and Fox News give her.

5. Nick_78

Nick_78 New Member

May 9, 2004
    VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I know, I was kidding.

6. Yankee_Blue

Yankee_Blue New Member

Aug 28, 2001
    New Orleans area
    I dunno. I get the newspaper even though I have to skip by Maureen Dowd all the time. Well, you did what you should have done, cancel the subscription.

It does crack me up though, I mean, does Coulter piss off the dems more than Carville use to piss off the reeps?

7. ThaiKV

ThaiKV New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    Actually, newspapers are one of the most environmentally destructive products. It was a good thing you cancelled your subscription and you should encourage your friends to do the same... get your information off the internet.

The New York Times Corporation should be held to a much higher standard when it comes to the environment. Unfortunately, they are given a pass because of its political leanings.

8. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    Carville used to piss off Reeps? Nah. I'd put her more in the "piss off" category of Hilary or Michael Moore for Reeps.

9. DoctorJones24

DoctorJones24 Member

Aug 26, 1999
    OH
    If it comes to that, pretty much EVERYTHING destoys the environment. Newspapers are vital to a democracy, and the internet is still no substitute...likely never will be.

10. ThaiKV

ThaiKV New Member

Jun 20, 2005
    I cannot in good conscious contribute to an industry whose product makes up to 20 percent of the volume of landfills, requires the logging of millions of tons of trees, consumes huge amounts of energy, and contributes to contaminating waters with toxins. That is not the progressive stance to take, especially in an age with the technological advances that we have today. TV and the internet are more than enough to provide what newspapers and magazines call "news" nowadays.

11. SoFla Metro

SoFla Metro Member

Jul 21, 2000
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    As far as I can remember, Carville never endorsed a terrorist action.