Hypothetical Algeria line-up

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by JAVez1983, Jun 1, 2010.

1. JAVez1983

JAVez1983 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Tampa
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hypothetical (yes i like these): We muster a result against England and Slovenia, and are almost guaranteed to advance, with either a tie or loss depending on the specific results and that we don't get blown away on goal differential...

We have the likes of Germany, Serbia, or Ghana waiting for us in game 4....

Do we field a B team?

Guzan (4-4-2)
    Spector Goodson DeMerit Bornstein
    Holden Clark Feilhaber Beasley (C)
    Findley Gomez/Buddle

Guzan (4-5-1)
    Spector Goodson DeMerit Bornstein
    Holden Edu Feilhaber Clark Beasley (C)
    Buddle

BUT...we keep Donovan, Dempsey, Boca, Torres, Altidore, Onyewu, Howard on the bench in case of emergency...

2. schrutebuck

schrutebuck Member+

Jul 26, 2007
    Play to win no matter what on June 23 because:

1. We're Americans

2. If we win the group we get an easier opponent (probably) on June 26. If we get 2nd we get an extra day of rest, because our game would be on June 27.

3. JAVez1983

JAVez1983 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Tampa
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm all for #1, and I was in favor of sending the A-team to fight the Ticos even though it didn't matter...However, our B-team is pretty competitive and I could see them getting a result against Algeria...and they are all Americans :p

An extra day of rest might be more helpful. But it seems your second point sort of conflicts with your first. If we are Americans, then we shouldn't shy away from playing the stronger opponent. That said, if it is Germany then I think all of our guys would love a chance to go up against them especially Donovan, Bradley, Dolo, and Beasley!

4. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    What, there's not an Algerian name in that lineup.

5. CbR

CbR Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Bergen County NJ
    lets not play around ..i say we find a way to call in Arnaud, Beckerman, Pause, Perkins,rogers and quaranta and make it a true B team.

6. JAVez1983

JAVez1983 Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Tampa
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :eek: (shudders)