Hwang In-beom @ Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2019 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Tagline, Jan 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Have you guys ever thought about formalizing and writing out the unwritten rules of who gets a KPA thread, and putting it in the stickied guidelines? Better to come up with solutions, rather than going back and forth without an agreement.

For example, could have said that only KPAs who are a first-teamer in a first division Big 5 gets their own thread, or something along those lines. And then, only those who are over 23 years old, or a first-teamer in a decent league abroad, or a reserve in a first division Big 5 side can get discussed in the main KPA thread, and all others in the KPA youth thread.

Two cents, just a thought, hope it helps.

jessypjs repped this.
  2. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It is all implied in tradition in the many years of BSK's existence. There have been a few exceptions due to their legend status.

3. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well I think many of us thought we were all at an agreement for the last year or so but I guess not. The mod says it's alright as well, so might as well just give every important KNT player a dedicated thread.

killaorca repped this.
  4. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Of course, but there are always new people joining the forum, and always people who want to go beyond those implied traditions as well, right? So if it is important, then it's probably much better to just write the unwritten rules out.

5. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    #80 Hodori, Jan 31, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    Lol... You think I'm an HR recruiter... And you think the kids that I hire make so little. Precious. :ROFLMAO:

6. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    Watch out we got a CEO of McKinsey here gracing our presence on BigSoccer :D

7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Dude is white... Damn, you're retarded.

8. Krillin

Krillin Member

Manchester United
    South Korea
    Jan 22, 2019
    It's sarcasm you autist... Didn't know CEOs lack basic conversational skills, what a shame. Anyhow done replying to your nobody ass lol, unlike you I got shit to do. blocked

fightingchuyoung repped this.
  9. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Every time someone calls you stupid, you call them an autist. Is that all you got?

10. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    And easily butt hurt I see... What a cry-baby.

11. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I've just done it here
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/korean-youth-players-abroad-part-ii.1993909/page-159#post-37480249

ironcub14 repped this.
  12. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Talk of ignorance coming from a redneck from Alabama of all places. The stupidest state in a retarded country...

killaorca repped this.
  13. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I love when Hodori goes vintage savage mode

14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Looking back on how HHC left Pohang, let's just say that we shouldn't have been that upset. At least he had the ambition to go to Austria even if it meant burning bridges and even if he didn't have exemption.

SHJ went to Ajax and worked his way through Europe even without an exemption, which he still doesn't have. KCH went to France, even without exemption and even now he persists without exemption. LJS waited until he got a move, which wasn't ideal, but he turned down big money offers along the way to use his exemption to pursue his ambitions.

Then to see KMJ and HIB leave like this? At least KMJ can say he's making big money. What about HIB??? That and all the other players that decided to cash in their exemptions for the past 8 years? Truly mind-numbing...

It all evens out at the end whether you front loaded your earnings in finance or went into consulting or law or back-ended your big payouts as a doctor once you become an attending...

Whereas these our players unfortunately have a finite career to earn money and glory... And to see some of them just waste their exemptions like this... Shocking. Hopefully, we'll still be decent in world football despite their failings due to others who have taken chances and moved to Europe.

15. ironcub14

ironcub14 Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Club:
    Ottawa Fury
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good stuff man, respect to that. I skimmed it quick, my only suggestion is, the simpler you keep the guidelines, the easier it is for everybody to understand it. I get all the guidelines you put in, but it would definitely be a bit of work to have to keep that in mind every single time, so I would suggest simplifying it as much as possible if you can. But good stuff, man.

jessypjs repped this.
  16. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Yea, one of the biggest issues is that a lot of Korean fans are now realizing that exemption doesn't mean shit when our most successful Euro players (SHM, KSY, KJC, KCH, etc.) went to their respective clubs without exemption whilst these kids who became exempt move for money. I think MSM is ass, but I'd rather give him exemption because he's more likely to use it well with his ambition to test himself in bigger leagues. 병역특례 is for individuals who increase 국가위상, not for 개인이득.

Sons of Thunder and Hodori repped this.
  17. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, some situations make easily sense. For example : Kwon CH signs in a new European team or on the contrary a random K league player sign in Thailand/China... It was more a guideline for grey zone situations like HIB's one.

18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hwang Inbeom is not a grey zone lol.

19. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Re: the salary concerns in particular, HIB signed as a Designated Player, which means his salary is one of three that can exceed the MLS salary cap. He won't be one of the players getting paid $80K CAD.

If I had to guess, he'll be paid about $1M USD per season with this deal.

20. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well, some people might think it's relevant to create a new thread for him and other people don't. That's why we should apply criteria (as such as number of caps, league's level) to erase subjectivity. Other idea : When a doubt subsists, we should attach a voting system to the thread to determine whether or not we keep this thread.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Honestly, tbh Hwang Inbeom is in the same category as Kim Minjae, Kim Younggwon, Jung Wooyung (Qatar), Hwang Eujo, Nam Taehee and Jang Hyunsoo. In fact they are more "important" players than him so why should he get a thread but rest don't? There's only one clear answer to this and I don't think it's fair.

10August2012 repped this.
  22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    The club's highest paid DP earns just $1MM. With Canadian taxes, that gets reduced rapidly.

23. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh that's not fair. At least give him some credit...Mississippi and Louisiana exist

24. Tagline

Tagline Member

Vancouver Whitecaps FC
    Jun 22, 2006
    Vancouver
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    How much would he have earned in 2.Bundesliga? The average salary there is 430k Euros per year, and Germany's income tax rate is comparable to Canada's in that bracket.

25. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    genuinely curious but is there a large number of you who plan on keeping up to date with hwang inbeoms whereabouts within the mls? i cant help but feel very bitter from the interest hes gotten since his mls move when everyone here takes turn shitting on kleague without ever watching the matches