Husker Du Reunion (Sort Of)/How To Type An Umlaut

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Footix, Oct 28, 2004.

1. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
  2. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Footix

Footix Member

Dec 11, 1998
    Left Of The Dial
    Re: Husker Du Reunion (Sort Of)

Show off.

4. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No trick - just cut and paste from the article.

5. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD

To make special characters, hold down the Alt key, and use your number pad to enter the three digit code from these charts. For instance, u with an umlaut is made by holding down Alt and typing 129. Like this ü

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Oh, and the reunion of Hüsker Dü is pretty cool. Pretty amazing that they got on stage together. I always liked their SST stuff better than their Warner Bros releases, but Candy Apple Grey is pretty good.

And it's amazing to me that Soul Aslylum is still together. I think the first time I ever saw them live was circa '87, and even then they had been around for a while.

6. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

what a show that must have been. awesome.

i saw two incredible back-to-back-nights of Husker Du shows in LA in the spring of '86 i think it was. they blew down the doors. what a powerful band: the Who of their generation, and more.

7. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Too bad they didn't get Greg Norton to cater the concert. That would've made the reunion complete...

8. LeperKhan

LeperKhan New Member

Aug 10, 2000
    St. Paul, MN
    I sadly missed this, although I saw Grant Hart a few days later at a Wellstone Music Day show, and he mentioned it and said it was fun. Or something like that. Last night I went to see the Drive By Truckers and ran into a guy who was at this show. He said that the two of them seemed a little strained on stage, but got past it. He also said that Bob Mould playing by himself was probably the best set of the whole night, for what it's worth.

9. Dyvel

Dyvel Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    The dog end of a day gone by
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic

I saw them around the same time time. They played with The Fall at Maxwells in Hoboken, a great night out.