Hungarian national team [R]

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by zmse, Apr 4, 2004.

1. balatonsurfer

balatonsurfer BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    That's original, I wonder who said that several months ago...

2. Bentex

Bentex Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Nottingham, UK
  3. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    We beat bosnia, not Macedonia.

Were you listening to the game on Petofi radio? 'Cause that idiot Bicskei was the one who thought that we had beaten Macedonia and not Bosnia. And he was described as the "expert" on the radio. :eek:

no wonder Ujpest fired him after one match.

4. Bentex

Bentex Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Nottingham, UK
  5. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Im don't like politics but, any 1 here in hungary for the 50years after the revolution?

6. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Hurra fradi 4-0-ra. Az lesz a masodosztaly csoport bajnok lesz az egesz ferencvaros varos.. vissza aaz elso osztaly jovo nyaron?
    Na, Stuttgartfannak: Bocsanat tudom en hiaba. Az bosznia es hercegvinia nem a macedonia. ne haragudj.
    Na, miujsag stuttgartban? Te megyek az OKTOBERFEST? Sor fesztival munchenben!!!!!!!!! mikor lesz pontosan?Na, meg1szer bocs tudom en irok magyarulban mint a kis gyerekek. Biztos vagyok nem jo pontosan de, legalabb remelem erted mit akartam irtam.Ha megyek vhol ma este akkor jo hetvegen .
    Na, magyargyereknek most: Miujsag? Torontoban esett a ho? Tudom Buffaloban 2feet volt (1/2 meter).
    Bentexnek: miujsag xtratime forumon? Majd regisztralok.

7. Bentex

Bentex Member

Dec 23, 2002
    Nottingham, UK
    De mikor? Már régen szerettel várjuk!

8. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Yes. What are you doing to mark the anniversary? Any suggestions for Hungarian-Americans who want to acknowledge the sacrifices Hungarians made, not only in 1956 but right up until Hungary toar down the Iron Curtain in 1989?

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I've been a huge fan of Hungary for a while (most of it comes from my dad's love for Hungarian soccer) but it's kind of hard to follow along when 80% of the discussion goes on in Hungarian. :eek:

Metro

10. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Most of the time i type in english. sorry but, sometimes i like to do it in hungarian.

11. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    My suggestion is fly the flag if u have one. the only problem with flying the flag here in america is most ppl get confused and think it's the italian flag.
    Red white and green is the flag colrs but, italy's flag starts with green white and then red.:D
    Piros feher es zold just rember that. red white and green and there's also the crown in the middle.

12. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    I'm not sure i think there's a place in NEW York City for Hungarian Americans or any Hungarian living in the usa. Just remeber thisn't a celebration it's really a memorial for all the victims. Just basically let them know america supports hungary. My opition is america doesn't do enough. No disrespect but, why did america get involved when was it a few yrs ago when the ukraine had political problems. Why not use america's power to solve the problem right now in Hungarian politics?

13. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    This is just my opition.

14. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    well, what city do you live in? There is probably some sort of magyar haz that you could always go to, there's one in Toronto and we are gonna check it out.

15. MagyarGyerek

MagyarGyerek New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    If someone confuses the Hungarian flag with the Italian flag, than they are stupid. yes the tri-colour is the same, but they are in different orders, plus one is horizontally alined and the other is vertically alined. And also one more thing about the flag, during the revolution, the flag had a hole in the center, because they cut out the communist coat of arms.. so for rememberance, it should be the flag with the hole in the middle. and BTW, that 'crown in the middle' is the coat of arms (cimer magyarul). Piros, Feher, Zold, ez a magyar fold.

16. balatonsurfer

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    Ouch. Living in Korea, play on an international team...a few Brits, a few Aussies, a few Africans, a few French, a few South Americans, a few North Americans, and the topic at the pub after our match was Hungary getting beat by Malta. I'm new to the team, so they don't know I'm Hungarian or anything, but woah, they were just slagging Hungary pretty bad. First, I was surprised, here were guys from around the world, and the hottest topic, even over the EPL games of the weekend, were the sad fall of Hungary. All of them wre somewhat puzzled at how you can go from perhaps the best team ever assembled, to a team that loses to minnows. In fact, they seemed disappointed themselves, but the mood was more like they were burying an old freind who died of old age.

17. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    next year. it is always in the end of september, last 2 weeks of september to be more precise, and it ends with the first weekend of october. + the 3rd of october which is germany's new national holiday is also included if it happens to fall on a monday or tuesday after the first weekend, as it was the case this year. but don't go, it's not worth it, it is a big shite, a big szar. waste of time, waste of money.

18. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Stuttgart is good.

az Oktoberfest mar el mult, sajnos nem tudtam menni.

Ja, es nem vagyok ideges veled :)

19. fradi

fradi New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Nem ideges vagy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D Na, en kell megyek dolgozni az szupermarketben. Holnap szabadnapom lehet meg irni.
    csodalatom nem tele volt a repulo NEW YORKtol PESTRE , csak 145 ember volt a boeing 767-300. az apam mondta. Az apam maradok 2 hete az 1956osnak emlek.

20. blazsovszkyc

blazsovszkyc Member

May 20, 2004
    Budapest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Wow, last post in October last year..
    Today Magyarorszag-Moldova in the EURO qualifiing
    20'th min 1-0 !!
    Hajra Magyarok!!

21. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  22. balatonsurfer

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    Priskin, what is it? 7 goals in 6 caps? A rate no other Hungarian player has ever come close to other than Puskas.

...and some dopes on another board think he is still just lucky, and is truly a crap player, if only he would show his true self. :roll: They say the particular defenders he played against suck, or the defender who marked him fell, or blah blah. Some strange self-hate thing going on...

23. baszdmeg

baszdmeg Red Card

Jan 13, 2007
    I don't believe you! What idiot would say such things?

24. balatonsurfer

Jun 21, 2005
    Galbitown
    Dopes on the XtraTime site. In fact, he's scored now several goals for his club as well, and he is nothing but a butt of jokes.

Yes, a 19 year-old Hungarian, scoring in the EPL, and 7 goals in 6 matches for the NT, and he is apparently a laughing stock to Hungarians, because "all he does is score goals!"

They do however sing the praises of a forward, Torghelle, who hasn't scored in three years, and can't even find a team that wants him on the pitch.

:rolleyes:

It's as if 95% of Xtratime Hungarian Forum posters have never made it past Elementary school.