Hungarian national team [R]

Discussion in 'Central & Eastern Europe' started by zmse, Apr 4, 2004.

1. zmse

zmse New Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Hungary
    I think you thought of the ex-pime minister. yes he had a stadion reconstruction program, and had started two programs (Bozsik I. and II.) for youths. I don't know about the youth programs, but the seconstruction program slowed down. There is a finished stadium (Ujpest) and some half finished ones (Sopron, Zalaegerszeg, Dunaújváros, Nyíregyháza, Kaposvár, Kecskemét, Héviz, Székesfehérvár...)

2. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    I was thinking of buying the jersey on the top some time ago, the white one with the red and green stripes, but I don't know if having a shield (the center) that kind of represents communist, is a good idea of wearing?

Any thoughts?

BTW, thanks guys for giving me some personal info with Hungary, all very interesting stuff.

3. hungaryforever

hungaryforever New Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Hungary/Szarvas
    Well, it is hard. I don't know it is good or bad. it is a part of our history, though we are not proud of it(I support the right side politically).
    If you want, buy it. Puskás and his teammates played in it.

Cheers:
    Peti

4. brazilianguy

brazilianguy New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    hmmm... i'm new here, from brazil but live in slovakia =]
    do you guys know where i can buy some tickets for the friendly match against brazil in budapest?? hope you know cause i dont find it anywhere... =)

5. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Welcome to BigSoccer ! nice to have you , i would think they will have plenty of tickets on game day but someone with more info might be able to help you out i am sure,

i also like to know if there is an TV for this game, if we in the states might get it ?

6. Hungaria

Hungaria New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Fatönksziget
    Info on ticket sales are here:

http://www.mlsz.hu/home_tolt.asp?R=true&P=jegyek&SM=3

There will be a TV broadcast but which station it will be is not decided yet.

7. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    :mad: Whenever I wear my TOFF's replica with the communist shield it reminds me of the November 1956 uprising in Budapest. No interference from the USA on that one. :mad:

Puskas claimed the uprising was started by the Fradi hooligans.

Hey, people in Hungary: What about hooking me up with some replica kit? Where can I get the current national team kit?

PM advice.

8. Labdarugo

Labdarugo Member

Dec 3, 2000
    Downwind
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/product_list.jsp?id=32

9. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  10. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    maybe noone noticed, but japan is coming as well.
    april 25th in zalaegerszeg.

11. brazilianguy

brazilianguy New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    thanks for all your attention, but i dont know wtf the site is not opening here... its redirect to the main page and i dont know where the link is cause its all in hungarian hehehe... need some help please =]

hugz :cool:

12. Hungaria

Hungaria New Member

Apr 12, 2004
    Fatönksziget
    Ok from start site click on "A-válogatott" to the left then on the next side on "Jegyvásárlás" to the right.

But i think its already sold out

13. brazilianguy

brazilianguy New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    LOL!! Many many thanks Hungaria, i already bought the tickets and because of you now ill be able to watch the match live!!! Thanks again ;)

14. gremista

gremista New Member

Jun 27, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary
    glad to hear you got tickets brazilian guy

drop me a pm...we are going to have a party before the game and you are welcome to stop by for a few beers

15. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    can someone do the video for me please?

16. O.K.

O.K. New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    Debrecen, Hungary
    Hey, if any of you is interested there's a hungarian channel, which is available in the States and Australia and they are going to broadcast the game...not live but right after it's over. 22.50 C.E.T.

Here's some info from their site: www.dunatv.hu

Duna Television in the United States

Duna Television's Hungarian Language Program has been available in the United States of America via DTH (Direct to Home) subscription since December 24 2002. The signal is broadcast by the Telstar 5 satellite (orbital position 97° West) and is available in the whole of North America. To order this program, or for information about reception possibilities, please phone our service-partners toll-free on 1-888-988-5288 or visit the www.globecastwtv.com. website.

Satellite details:

* Satellite: Loral Skynet - Telstar 5
    * Orbital position: 97° West
    * Down-Link Frequency : 11,867 GHz
    * Polarization: V
    * Symbol Rate: 22 MS/s
    * Standard: MPEG2/DVB fully compliant, encrypted

There's more info on the australian availability on the home page.

17. Camisa5

Camisa5 New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Thank you for your detailed reply. Unfortunately, I am UK-based. Need a friendly and honset Hungary-based guy to come up trumps (assuming it is being televised there!)

18. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Is it possible to watch this game though internet television?

19. O.K.

O.K. New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    Debrecen, Hungary
    Ok, I looked around a bit on the web and found this site:

http://www.vilagradio.hu/letoltes.html

Go to the bottom of the page and you can download a 2,7 mb software (VilágTV 3.0). I tried installing it and it works fine...english/hungarian installation possible. You'll see a list of available channels and the Hungary - Brazil game is planned to be broadcast on Duna TV the 28th of April at about 22.50 C.E.T. as I stated before.

This will be a recorded broadcast, we'll have live coverage on another channel here in Hungary.Hope they'll really show the game as the director of Duna TV promised this on a hungarian football site. :)

20. MiamiAce

MiamiAce New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Miami, USA
    So once we install it, will we be able to watch Duna TV everyday from now on? Or do we have to click a link at 22.50 CET to watch the game? I don't quite understand.

21. O.K.

O.K. New Member

Mar 25, 2004
    Debrecen, Hungary
    Yes, you should be able to watch it anytime (no registration or anything required)...I myself did not know about the internet broadcast of Duna TV before, just looked around on the web for people who were asking abouth the upcoming game...the quality of the broadcast is poor though, but if u lack anything better it should suffice.

22. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Is the Japan match being broadcast today?

23. brazilianguy

brazilianguy New Member

Apr 13, 2004
    there's a brazilian site called UOL that broadcasts all brazilian football games, and i think with this one will not be different.. but for this, u have to sign up something and pay for it, i dont know it very well but someone with more infos can surely help u...

the site is... UOL

24. the101er

the101er New Member

Jan 29, 2003
    Here is the result of the Hungary vs. Japan game. Which everybody should have by now anyway.
    Highlight for result: Hungary 3 - Japan 2

So have you Hungarians ever been beaten by Japan? I used to claim Hungarian ancestors, but turns out Kis Debren is in the Ukraine. And my grandmother was from (what is now) Slovakia. How are those teams doing? ;)

25. sanyi

sanyi Member

Aug 9, 2003
    KÜLFÖLD
    kis debren is in the ukrainian zakarpatij region which was hungarian until 1920 and whrere are still living about 200-300.000 hungarian native speakers

and: we have never been beaten by japan:) (except for the olympic games in 1996, but this was not the A-team, thus it doesnt count as official fifa match)