Hugo: end of the first year ratings [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by la fresa, Oct 18, 2007.

1. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    How would you rate Hugo, now that is would appear El Tri have played their last game of 2007?

In my opinion, this processo should be ended. It is obvious that El Tri has not grown as a team, and appear to actually be taking a few steps back.

Under Hugo, we have

1) lost at the Azteca
    2) lost to Honudras
    3) lost to Guatemala
    4) failed to win either the Gold Cup or Copa America
    5) have shown a complete lack of discipline
    6) have played the same exact formation essentially every game, have played like un equipo chico with two defensive mids. while i understand that this is necessary when playing a team like Brazil, i hardly think it does anything but harm against teams like Guatepeor, Honduras, Guadeloupe, US, and the list goes on
    7) Hugo obviously has not brought out the best of the players. Salcido, Osorio, Pardo have all diminished on the national team, Salcido appears to be a shell of his former self.
    8) Hugo seems to be trying to beat out Lavolpe with excuses, continuously blaming stupid things like field conditions and Uniform colors.

For all the criticism Hugo did during the Lavolpe era, he and his Arengtine assisant are playing a very similar formation, with no creative midfielder, even though we have plenty that could fit that role. except, instead of having two wingers to help with attack, he has to left defenders, and our defense still looks shaky at best. hell, even lavolpe used either Zinha or Luicito to generate control of the midfield, but we don't even get that with Hugo. Just one dimensional attacks that are generated by running really fast down the flank and sending in crosses to our short forwards.

My rating: an F. Mexico has continuously been embarrassed with Hugo.

(speculation) i don't even see this team advancing to the Olympics with Hugo in charge, to be honest.

I had a lot of optimism when this processo started, but it's obvious that Hugo is not the coach to lead us to greener pastures. Fuera Hugo.

2. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

fireEagleCuauhtemoc www.twitter.com/alonsobueno1

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    wether we lost with a sub-17 or sub-23 or watever, just the fact we lost to guatemala makes me wanna go jump of a building!!!!!the refferree f***** sucked donkey balls, this was a circus show.

I will give anybody 10,000,000 million dollers to bring me the head of hugo sanchez.

3. chapulin

chapulin Member

Feb 27, 2005
    El Estado Dorado
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    fresa, you couldn't have said it any better.

hugo needs to go. now.

there are others more worthy of having this NT.

i wanna know who still supports this dumbf uck.

the only thing that saved hugo this year: NERY CASTILLO.

4. inflames

inflames New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    haha man if only the US fans felt this strongly about RoboBob

5. Gol Por Gloria

Gol Por Gloria BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ego should just resign and save any (if he still has any) respect he has left, that guy is no coach! just somebody with his head way up his spanish conquered ass.

6. ocard

ocard Member

Jul 17, 2007
    San Diego
    The whole game against Guatemala was Horrendous!!
    They way Guardado put it at the end of the game was exactly. He said something along the line of "Estos jugadores bienen a jagarse la vida" (this isn't his direct quote I'm just paraphrasing) and they were willing to do anything to beat Mexico. The reff was horrendous for both sides. Both sides played incredibly dirty but in my opinion was was just retaliating to the abuse that they were getting. These Guatemalan were going to rip off Guardado's or anyone else's head for that matter if need be.

I was upset on how unorganized Mexico were playing especially when Salcido and Guardado where shooting for Field Goals instead of Goals. Salcido was playing more like a left side striker than a defender. Hugo should have put some order in the team. To me this unorganized playing was in most part because of the lack of leadership and this shows us how important Marques is to this team.

I never liked the idea of Hugo being our NT coach ever since it was mentioned. I agree with the vast majority of what La Fresa said.
    I didn't like the idea from the start but I thought that we should at least give him a chance. Its obviously not working. FEMEX need to come out with a statement and say if they still support Hugo or Get rid of him. If they do get rid of him they need to do it NOW otherwise it would be too late. I hope this generation of great talent doesn't go to waste because of the lack of testicular fortitude by FEMEX:(

7. inflames

inflames New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    just wondering who do you guys want coaching your team?

8. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    we wish for him to resign! but we know his not, his big ego will not let him resign, that is wat gets me mad to. THe only way he will re-sign is if the FEMEX does something about it

9. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    aqui es donde hugo planea sus tacticas y formaciones

[​IMG]

eso lo dice todo

:mad::mad:

10. Aztk15

Aztk15 New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    Santa Ana
    We need a real coach Hugo can manage a the ********ing team. I know Lavolpe did some stupid stuff but he knew who to manage a game mot of the time. I remember we were on a streak of out know games without losing and in the game against Argentina in the World Cup he madechanges and gave us a chance to win the game.We need a real coach Hugo was brought only they thought he can bring a winning mentality to not be afraid of succes but he has done that for our team. WEneed a real coach.

11. fireEagleCuauhtemoc

Jul 23, 2007
    chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    who else can possibly have the Balls to coach la seleccion??We know how overwhelming it is.....I dont see nobody i would want- Maybe Manuel lapuente.cuz of his experience in 98.....i dont know man what the f***ckk are we goin to do if it gets worst.

12. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    yo quiero a un tecnico extranjero europeo si se puede,que aporte un nuevo estilo de juego a la seleccion y se vuelva mas dinamica ahora que tenemos los jugadores para hacerlo y sepa planear los juegos de acuerdo al rival.

alguien se acuerda cuando fue la ultima vez que mexico anoto un gol tras un pase filtrado por algun centro campista?

por que yo no

13. inflames

inflames New Member

Sep 13, 2007
    I dont know why you guys keep talking about LaVolpe hes not that much better, La Puente is probably the best coach you guys have had in a while, Aguirre was alright but didnt deliver at all in the WC

14. Gol Por Gloria

Gol Por Gloria BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2006
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At this time any coach with enough senses to not blame it on jersey colors or the grass is a step above Hugo so pretty much any coach will do for the time being.:mad:

15. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    I think it's time for a new coach. Mabey a European one...

16. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    This will stray attention away from the original question/topic, but who cares. i would go with Lapuente and Carrillo. The large unbeaten run a few years ago speaks for itself, as does the way the handled a team with a lot of stars and forwards. rather than have a set formation, they played in a manner which brought out the best with what they had.

at least from what i remember.

on the other hand, maybe the national team needs someone on the opposite side of the spectrum of our corrupt federation. in which case, i would be all for bringing in an extranjero who has never coached in mexico.

also: pekerman seems to be doing rather well with Toluca so far.

17. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    ******** HUGO!

pinche estupido pendejo hijo de su ******** madre idiota!

18. BeHereNow

BeHereNow Member

Sep 1, 2007
    California
    Mexico 2007 Record: 13-8-2
    Against Concacaf: 5-4-0
    Against Conmebol: 7-4-1
    Everyone else: 1-0-1

The Good:

-Third place in Copa America that included victories against 3 world Cup squads, that included a shallacking of Paraguay.

-The emergence of the young talent that will make up South Africa. We are in a good position for several years. Guardado, Castillo, Dos Santos, Vela, Araujo, Arellano and many more.

- Good overall record against Conmebol.

-No Maza, Bravo, Kikin and Bofo. That ship has sailed. (I hope)

The Bad:

- Loss at Azteca

- No European fixtures at all

- Mini revolt during the Gold Cup

- Too many games in the US

- 3-0 loss to Argentina in the semifinal

The Ugly:

- Two losses to the US in our first game in 2007 and the Gold Cup final. No Confederations for us.

-Crap record against Concacaf, where we struggled to beat teams that we should have gang banged, add two losses to Honduras and Guatemala,and thats not something that brings a smile to your face.

- Hugo Sanchez. Blaming the pitch, changing the green, and not changing his formation are one thing, but his lack of tactical know how really cost us some games. His moves against Argentina were terrible, and Im not even going to mention the moves he didnt make. (Making Guardado and Venado switch side anyone) Convincing Nery and getting third place in Venezuela are the only good things he did that I could think of. I really hope Hugo has abbeter 2008, hopefully he learned alittle from 2007.

Please feel free to add or to take away, it isnt a discussion if we all agree

19. el mero mero

el mero mero New Member

Mar 21, 2005
    Santa Úrsula
    This is the same exact table he uses.

[​IMG]

White and red jerseys and 4-4-2 on both sides. He adds the foosball men to 11 a side so he can get the 4-4-2.

Y de ahi, puros pinches balonazos.

20. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    good post, BeHereNow. although, as for the good:

we've competed in Copa America seven times, have achieved runner up twice and 3rd place three times. We should strive for winning Copa America, and not be happy with third place at this stage in our development. I mean, yeah, it was positive over all, but the way Argentina dominated us caused me to drink for days. It wasn't pretty.

21. BeHereNow

BeHereNow Member

Sep 1, 2007
    California
    Well Copa America was the only good thing we did this year. At least your expectations are high fresa. But good, bad, its all relative.

22. Panfilo

Panfilo Member+

May 9, 2003
    INLAND EMPIRE
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Mejia Baron- lost El Salvador
    Bora- Lost to Honduras and Jamaica
    Lapuente- Lost to Trinidad, serie b teams, u catolica
    Aguirre- south korean C team
    Meza- Lost to everyone
    Lavolpe- lost to El Salvador, Trinidad
    Hugo- lost to Honduras, Guatemala

These results tend to happen.

Its the history of Mexico (play to the level of your opponent)

No coach can change that.

The players have to come with a different approach to the game.

If a guy has to motivate you to play hard from the first minute of the game till the last, than you might need to look at yourself.

That should come from inside.

Look Hugo shares blame for player selection and subs. But at the end of the day your ass has to come and play balls out no matter who it was.

Especially if you are trying to make a name for yourself.

For example

Pato Araujo has anyone seen him?

I think he never arrived to LA.

23. Violationgd

Violationgd New Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wouldn't give Hugo credit for the emergence of these young players. Their emergence was obvious/inevitable. Guardado actually emerged during Lavolpe. Arrellano hasn't emerged yet on the national team level. Castillo is the only one you can credit him with.

In response to Panfilo. For me it's not about listing who each coach lost to, it's examining the style of futbol being played. Your right, Araujo was pretty invisible today, but that is because Hugo's strategy didn't leave much room for mid-field play. Almost nothing happened in the midfield for Mexico. My problem is that our passes were not quick and crisp, but this is not new. Even games we have won under Hugo have been messy and that's why i don't rate him well.

24. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I dont want this to be another pissing match of lavolpe but here are the facts!

WTF

if this coach stays are these are things to come?

25. Chivasporas

Chivasporas Member

Mar 31, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    lol omg i was going to post and point out the same thing, damn thats crazy :D we cant be loosing to these teams, i might have to say lavolpe was carrying this team all we needed was a coach that could push us up to the next level and sadly hugo has taken us a step back. I remember all the neg rep i received for arguing about hugo? what do these people think about him now?