News: Hughes Out, Redknapp In?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR Kevin H, Nov 23, 2012.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/231112-mark-hughes-statement-504238.aspx
    Speculation obviously now turns to whether the club will get Harry Redknapp in. The timing seems interesting, waiting til Friday, someone must be in the pipeline.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/nov/23/mark-hughes-sacked-by-qpr

2. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    0-4-8. I guess something had to be done. You'd like a bit of stability, but not as much as you'd like more than 4 points from 12 games.

3. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
  4. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Atouk

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thoughts from the first half of today's game: I like Diakite, but I think Faurlin is a much better player. Diakite is better running at you with the ball, but he turns the ball over too often when doing so. Faurlin is a better passer and is much more judicious in the tackle, without at all being soft. I think they may be able to play well together, but if I could only play one, it's going to be Faurlin in most circumstances.

6. DylanPresman

DylanPresman Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Rockville, Maryland
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Faurlin and Granero are both passing players. Samba, Hoillet, Adel, Mackie, and SWP are all run at the defense kinda players. Hughes downfall was not being able to balance these important elements of midfield, and also have the midfield provide defensive cover and have enough space for attackers. I don't think we ned to play both Faurlin and Granero at the same time as they do the same thing. Likewise, I don't think we need to play Adel, Samba, Hoillet, SWP at the same time for the same reason. Mackie provies energy, which terrifies defenders and creates mistakes. Adel provides creative drive. Hoillet and Samba do too, but they are not nearly as effective as Adel. I think we look stronger when Mackie is played as a striker in front of goal. Mackie and Cisse are a good combination, with speed and finishing abiliyty (if you excuse Mackie's open-goal miss last week). Put Adel behind them feeding them, and that is potentially a strong formation and then Farulin and Mbia behind him. I like Hoillet alongside Adel in the wide role.

It seems to me that Hughes bought all these great midfielders and then had a very hard time fitting them all in the team.