HUGE WEEK: Enjoy it, Sounders Fans...

Discussion in 'Seattle Sounders FC' started by sounderfan, Sep 2, 2007.

1. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  2. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  3. brew1b

brew1b New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Bremerton, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    my buddies and I plan on walking up and buying ticks... Theres no way we're gonna be sent away is there?

5. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really doubt it....... unless they announce the Rolling Stones are doing a post game concert. :D I hope there is a huge walk up crowd.

6. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Come on down!

However...

Last match in the USOC the ticket lines were huge. GET THERE EARLY (6:00 PM) Get your tix, then go out to eat and come back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ticket lines against Colorado Rapids in last round...

7. brew1b

brew1b New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Bremerton, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For those poor souls (like myself) who cannot make the game, it is supposed to be streamed live on USLLive.tv (found this on FCD's website). Unfortunately, that's the only way that I will be able to catch the game.

8. DoTheVillage

DoTheVillage New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    I bought tix last Tuesday and they said the Reserved was almost sold out.

9. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got the tickets a couple of weeks ago. This is the last game I can make this year [well, probably :) ], and will take my daughter to enjoy the same sort of clobberfest as we saw against the Rapids [although I wish DC had taken it easy on Dallas....they just may be ready to unleash He..er, Edilson...on the Sounders :eek: ].
    Cheers, and it should be a blast tomorrow. Vive Le Toux Mousquetiers!

10. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Yeah, watch it live, free, tomorrow night on the internet here:
    http://usl.playonsports.tv/free/event/1943/index.html?eventId=1943

11. brew1b

brew1b New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Bremerton, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. MintyDude

MintyDude Member

Aug 2, 2006
    Seattle/Bellingham
    can i have a buddy grab my tickets from the FO earlier in the day, or does it open at 6?

13. SounderMan

SounderMan Member

Nov 8, 2006
    Lacey WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The ticket window has been open before 5 in the past..... I'm sure they will be for the game tomorrow.

14. Collander

Collander New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    I'll be there tonight!! Bringing my wife and 2 firends wooooo!!!!

GO SOUNDERS!

15. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was fun to be there, but not fun to lose.
    Seattle played solidly and with desire, but squandered the many chances it created. The post, and missed opportunities, made for a very frustrating evening. But give Dallas its due, it played much better than Chivas, and much much better than Colorado, against the Sounders....So close, damn.
    Edilson was interesting. In the first half, playing on the left, he had little effect and was in fact embarassed by Alvarez-Cuellar more than once. In the second half he took on a more free floating role, and was consistently and dangerously creative. The Sounder's backs still held him quite well, and the keeper, the magnificent Mr. Erd, is just quality [better than Dallas' Sala, who looked uncertain throughout the match, although perhaps not better than Burse] .
    Would have loved to have seen a Revs vs. Sounders final, here at Qwest. It would have been awesome soccer....damn again.
    Anyway, Dallas won and that's it. Next year promises what......? Is there hope for MLS to land here? Seattle deserves the chance, methinks.

[Now, go Revs, take fulsome revenge for last year's horror at Pizza Hut Park :D ]

16. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry guys ... was actually rooting for you, since I'd have loved to travel to Seattle.

Oh well, Dallas it is again. Good job at the USOC. Your team represented itself very well.

17. brew1b

brew1b New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Bremerton, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great job by the Sounders last night. I think they did well against FCD. Too bad about the missed chances but that's the way the game is. If you don't finish, you won't win. Hats off to the team and here's to SeattleMLS!!

18. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
    Great opinion article by Steve Kelley in today's Seattle Times:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/soccer/2003869053_kelley05.html

This was a special night.

At kickoff, the sun briefly broke through the Tuesday gloom. Fans in the north end zone waved Sounders banners, and flags from New Zealand, Mexico, Jamaica, France and the United States were draped over the railing above the field-level suites.

This soccer-loving crowd danced and sang, gasped and cheered every run, every buildup, every save and every opportunity. It was like old times in Seattle.

Maybe it wasn't exactly Old Trafford in December, or even Memorial Stadium in 1974, but it was the most important Sounders game in more than 20 years and the crowd of 10,385 stayed into it all night, all the way through overtime.

19. rurik

rurik New Member

Feb 22, 2007
    Seattle
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Sounders for an awesome run! Last night was a truly special match and I, personally, don't think the scoreline reflected the game!

Go Sounders, I'll always lov'ya! (still plenty to play for:))

20. Collander

Collander New Member

Aug 13, 2007
    The game was a lot of fun.

best quote of the article

... And the crowd was up and down, like a bunch of Wac-A-Moles.

LOL!!!

I loved the crowd last night, hopefully it will be like that when the playoffs kick off in a couple of weeks. I think the Sounders made their mark on MLS.... despite the loss... at least I'd like to think so.

21. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  22. sounderfan

sounderfan New Member

Apr 6, 2003
  23. Schwalker

Schwalker New Member

Apr 15, 2007
    Gelsenkirchen/Finja
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    10,385 is a decent crowd for a Cup game...I bet the potential investors are pleased.