Huge odds favor Chelsea over Galaxy!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by RedBulls, Jul 21, 2007.

1. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
  2. BaltimoreYankFan

BaltimoreYankFan New Member

Nov 11, 2001
    Towson, MD
    YOu need to let Las Vegas and Beano Cook (ESPN's soccer rant of the day yesterday - in the video section) about this stuff. Beano might be right about the betting aspect needed to legitimize football in the US.

3. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be throwing your money away if you bet on LA, it doesn't matter how good the payout would be.

One of the worst teams in MLS against one of the best teams in EPL? With all the hype for this game, it could make MLS look really bad for the fans that don't realize how bad LA is this year.

4. st mirren till i die

Jul 14, 2007
    Glasgow
    Club:
    Saint Mirren FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    You'd be mental to bet on a friendly no matter what the odds are.

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    That's exactly why this is a good bet (relatively). If Chelsea actually needed the result, you'd be throwing money away. This is the best chance the Galaxy have to beat Chelsea probably ever.

6. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Indeed. Reading lost to Farnborough Town of the Conference South in a friendly on their way to storming their way into the premiership. We beat Feyenoord last year. We are not better than Feyenoord. We beat Lyon this year. We are not better than Lyon.

I think this match will be a lot closer than people are expecting, and odd things can happen in friendlies as people just aren't as switched on as for proper games.

7. RedBulls

RedBulls New Member

Feb 19, 2007
    True, but with LA's current form - I dont see it.

8. jq pepe

jq pepe New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    los angeles
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If the gals decide to play like men, everything is possible, that doesnt mean that the Gals would have a decent chance if this game were and official game of sorts.

Chelsea was losing against America at half time, and only flip the tortilla after America exchanged all its players -except the GK- and had basically the development team players on the pitch, of course there is no B team in Chelsea, although there were some kids on the pitch that may be getting their feet wet with Mourinho looking.

I donty think the Chelsea is looking for blood, but to have a decent pre-season.

9. Dr. Foosball™

Dr. Foosball™ New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Hot Springs, AR
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Your right, and I think it was a really classy thing for Mourinho to say that if Beckham plays that his players will not come after him.

I hope for a MLS victory, but I predict a 3-1 Chelsea win.