Huge MLS Cup Viewing Party

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by K, Nov 8, 2004.

1. United_Caps_Fan

United_Caps_Fan New Member

Apr 25, 2004
    Alexandria,VA 134/35
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What an AWESOME TIME I had! I was actually expecting only 100 to at MOST 150 to show, but I too also think that 200 is a very conservative estimate. I think it was closer to 300, maybe more. That place was PACKED, and man was it L-O-U-D!!!!

Awesome show of support, we should all be just as PROUD of ourselves as we are of those who really brought it in LA, and showed just how good we are, and just why we ARE the BEST SUPPORTERS IN MLS!

Tigerhawk, It was great to meet you! Glad you came, and it was nice you watched the match with our little buch. We might all be total nutcases, but hey, thats what makes us the best fans.. and one things for sure, we all definately were, and always will be UNITED! :D

2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whew, glad to hear that Bailey's pretty much worked out. Thanks to Rob for being the contact/host. If people have photos, send me a pm (DCU is interested in seeing them).

K

3. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were some flashes, so I assume there are fotos. I remember that Oscar had a camera. It was a capacity crowd and a very boisterous and happy one!

K there were some broken glasses that Marcia offered to pay for. Management said not to worry about it as they were quite content with the greater than expected margin for the day. I worried about all the pool tables because I remember the damage done at The Rock the night before the US - Scotland friendly. Don't know how well they survived, but I didn't see people dancing on them. As for the long bar in the room, well, let's say that there were a few folks dancing for joy on it.

Like with Grevey's, there were some education issues. If one does not exist, perhaps a FAQ-like document should be developed to help a new venue cope and satisfy their new and very different customers.

GM

4. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I was behind the long bar right behind you guys. Such an amazing time.

The poor manager guy kept kicking the same people off of it after the game. I think the pool table son our side survived from what I saw.

That is an outstanding idea.

5. Diablo10

Diablo10 New Member

I tell you, since most of us couldn't be at HDC to watch it in person, Bailey's was the next best thing. That place rocked!!! It was great seeing a huge turnout. I know we definately scarred the **** out of the football fans in that place. They are not used to seeing a group like ours so passionate for our beloved United! My voice is still gone and it probably won't get any better tonight when we cheer DCU at RFK tonight. About the only thing that I am sad about is the fact that the season is over and we have to wait until next year to start our quest for 5!!!!! Vamos United!

P.S.

How could I forget!!! Big thanks def. go to K for heading this up for us. The gathering we had at Bailey's far exceeded my expectations. Thanks again!

Los!

6. LN - Dougg

LN - Dougg Member

Aug 26, 2004
    Dale City, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I should have some up today! :cool: