Huge Mistake

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Toon³, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was wrong to bitch about the new rep system. there is no NEW rep system. it's the same. the only thing i care about is being able to click on "my bigsoccer" and see all the different pos/neg rep you have received, in one nice little convenient listing. that way you can quickly see which of your own posts really struck a cord with the other posters. i couldn't see mine b/c it was turned off. now it's back on and i have no gripes. although i have noticed a lot less rep being given out (since you can't see it anymore i guess).

in other words: this is my favorite function. it would be stupid to get rid of it b/c a select few are "abusing" the rep system. rep systems are going to get abused, that's just a reality. there's no way around it. deal with it and move on. don't dissolve the whole system b/c of a few losers.

as far as the disappearing post counts: it's clearly a move to cater to the expected hordes of newbies who will join during the World Cup. i'm not convinced it is necessary though. i think it may be more of a detriment in the long run. you see, when newbies come on here, they often want to load up on posts to make themselves more legitimate. therefore, they are logging in and out of BS more times a day in order to build up that post count (benefit to you, Huss). now, in a communistic sense, you've eliminated that. less hits a day and less traffic for the website. not good for advertisers.

2. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    Love the new site but hey why are the mods names in the same green as the admins names? It is just a little confusing.

3. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Excellent point, maybe Huss would like to answer that one or perhaps you could just answer it yourself, either way keep up the good work.

4. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    i'll let hidink answer

[result]one is bold, one isn't[/result]

5. alliu23

alliu23 I'm a Yank til I Die

Jul 28, 2004
    Williamsport, PA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    or one says Moderator, one says Admin ;)