Huge Mistake

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Toon³, Jan 12, 2006.

1. Basil Fawlty

Basil Fawlty Red Card

Jan 17, 2006
    UK
    The only Mod i would send flowers to is Sara. Motter can ******** off and that scousse bastard, Reck aswell.

2. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    none for moi?

3. Basil Fawlty

Basil Fawlty Red Card

Jan 17, 2006
    UK
    No way Jose.

Ps. Ho ho ho ho.

4. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Um, none of that functionality is gone.

5. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    REEEEEPED!!!! (not really, just waiting for that final step)

6. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You do realise you are agreeing with someone who is promoting how things currently are? As in not what you are trying to get.

Because everything he wrote, is the case right now.

7. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

Are you saying I have a small ******* ?

8. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004

The people are talking to huss not You. Get the ******** outta here. I hate seing threads like this where half the posts are by you defending this site. You are just a member likee everyone elese, not an Owner, not even a mod. Just Shut the Hell Up. Im mean im not trying to silence you, say your piece and get out. I dont know why someone people feel its their duty to debate everything post in this thread that has nothing to do with them.

Sorry, I remember you ruined another thread this way.

p.s. Im not not reacting to the above post specifically, thats just when i started getting annoyed by seing this guys name everywhere. :cool:

9. Neo¹

Neo¹ Member

Sep 17, 2004
    Anyways... this is a message board. Nothing more. All the avatars, reps, and forum clicks just took away from this place is really about. Talking footie. I say we get rid of all the NSR sections.

And im glad about the changes, I was really thinking about becoming an subscriber again, but then this new BS made me realise what a mistake I was about to make. Oh and cheers on making the site faster, I havent seen the busy singal since i stopped being a supporter.

10. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you don't like the changes, they must be good.

11. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    If it's just comments you want you can still do that. If you miss the accumulation of rep 'value', you might want to change your arguing position.

12. Li mu bei

Li mu bei Member

Jun 5, 2001
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For the most part, I agree.

The system may yet retain basic levels of "functionality." Nonetheless, the act of providing feedback now appears neither quick nor easy.

13. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    IT HASN'T CHANGED

14. BPBlueSox

BPBlueSox Member

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Aug 21, 2003
    Georgia
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Actually, what's a huge mistake is that the boards crash all the time. That's gonna drive more people away than rep whore threads and post counts.

15. Master Shake

Master Shake New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Scolari For England!

I know what your saying, I just preffered it how it was before the changes, thats all.

16. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Except for the fact that it happens in the same window instead of in a popup, I see no difference.

Now seeing how someone else is rated, that has changed, but I don't see how that really affects functionality unless you're just here for a popularity contest. But that has nothing to do with providing feedback.

17. Li mu bei

Li mu bei Member

Jun 5, 2001
    Kettering, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To Huss:

I understand your point--the rep icon and function is, indeed, still functional.

The change is that it no longer serves any sort of "signaling" function, in terms of information conveyed to third parties.

Regardless and like I previously posted, "the act of providing feedback [including third-parties] now appears neither quick nor easy." I suppose that, as a partial solution, one may spam a thread with quotes of previous posts, attaching phrases like "LOL." Yet, that act provides third parties information only to the extent that such a post is read, i.e., it provides no direct information on unrelated threads within which the spam is not found.

I apologize for my lack of clarity; I was responding to previous ideas and speaking torward the difference between a rep system with third party signaling functionality, a rep system without that third party signaling function, and the PM function.

In defense, I offer the thought that I originally thought that the necessity of clarity was outwieghed by the relative importance of the issue to my life.

To Monster, re: "differences" (PM vs. Rep Button):

"Rep" System:
    1. Select the "Scales of Justice"
    2. If desired, type a short comment
    3. Confirm
    * NB, the automatic link/reference to a specific post

Alternative "PM" System:
    1. Select Member Name
    2. Select PM Option
    3. Provide a link to the post to which you refer (this aspect of this process is somewhat time consuming)
    4. Make comments if necessary
    5. Send
    6. Navigate back to where you were

To the extent that the rep system was subject to abuse, I suppose that you can argue that the function of the rep system, i.e., to provide information even to third parties, "ha[d] nothing to do with providing feedback" . . . nonsensical as that argument ultimately is, even considering actual and potential abuse.

Other than that, I don't really feel like arguing with--and, thus, proving my point to--you.

Finally, let me assure you that I am, always have been, and always will be here at BigSoccer for a popularity contest: the loss of the rep system has damaged my self-worth and -esteem, generally traumatized my soul, and caused much personal lament.

18. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    If there was any point in repping you I would!! I may send you a PM to congratulate you on a fantastic post, however I can't be arsed doing that either, so if you stumble upon this again, here is your accolade :)

19. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    If there was any point in repping you I would!! I may send you a PM to congratulate you on a fantastic post, however I can't be arsed doing that either, so if you stumble upon this again, here is your accolade :)

20. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany

21. tino11

tino11 New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Karlsruhe - Germany
    :rolleyes: I also think having a site that does not do that would help ;)

22. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I would like the post count back as it help identify if someone is new or not.

23. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Under the user name a BigSoccer Newbie indicates < 50 posts. Is that good enough?

24. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Um, try looking at the join date.

25. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is that relevant? Shouldn't you be reading their post? If it sucks or is offensive, either look under their name or spend two precious clicks going to their profile.