Huge forum to be set for possibly next week!

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by junior21, Jul 9, 2008.

1. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tonight I talked to A LOT of people regarding some issues amongst the Supporters and the biggest one was La Turbina's decision to move. Myself and other two loyal Crew Fans who sit in 107 talked to some of the F.O guys and stated some issues. We have come to a conclusion to have a Forum for the three groups: Crew Supporters Union, Hudson Street Hooligans and La Turbina. I personally am sick and tired of all the "drama" that has been going down! The date is still pending but once the date is set I will post it on here and I want for who ever sits in the section to come out and voice their concerns. So much has been mis communicated and I do no like that. The Nordecke is a MASSIVE section and already I have been hearing from around the other teams that they enjoy the European/Hispanic flow that the Nordecke has brought to Columbus and to the league itself. I will not discuss what was said with the F.O. people but all I can say is that my voice was heard. I know some of you will bash me after reading this and other will agree but why have the Supporters Section if we can't get the job done right. I really do not want the Fan of the Year award but all I can say is that I want PEACE! That is all from me now feel free to post thoughts.

2. RPatty86

RPatty86 New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    If you don't want it then why mention it?

3. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Why would anyone bash you? I don't get it.

4. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    because if I make peace with all the groups they will nominate me to get it.

5. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    a lot of people don't agree when I state my points. like i said tonight i think that i have heard a lot from people. when the forum is set i want to be the first to speak up and state the issues. i just hear a lot about them and i am done with the bullshit.

6. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I'm pretty sure everyone has a rather intense dislike for the entire situation and would like it to be remedied.

You're on pretty uncontroversial footing here.

7. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes this is a true fact Timon. it's time to step up and speak out. this year i have learned a lot honestly. i have never been so intense and emotional about something until we all merged together. as you have read i have a past history of getting into shouting wars with opposing players aka DCU and Chicago. I am all about going out there and getting the job done. i think that this forum should have been done before Crew Season started and we should have laid out all the rules and so on. here are my main concerns:

-streamers
    -the whole GA thing
    -constant he/she said BS.

granted i know the whole story by now for the Streamers but honestly something went down tonight and Eboe can tell the story and I was mad. if we want to be the MASSIVE section and scare the rest of MLS well let's do it by the rules from the F.O. and get the message out by the massive amount of people. yes the leaders of all three groups are trying their best but the forum will get the message out better.

8. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    Junior 21,

There's an old saying I just made up:

"People will stop peddling bullsh*t when you quit wallowing in it."

There already was a fan forum where the heads of the Supporter's groups met with each other to figure that whole situation out. La Turbina still decided to move. Good luck to them, I sincerely hope they enjoy their new section, and would welcome them back if/when they return. But in the meantime, people got their feelings hurt, and no amount of fan forums will heal that. Only time and some well placed efforts by those responsible can help.

In the meantime, why don't you stop sweating the fan of the year award and make a few banners or something. You can have 20 fan forums, put out a thousand emails about how we're all supposed to get along and make puppy noises, and personally write thank you notes to fans who act the way you want them to. At the end of the day, there unfortunately will always be drama. Deal with it, and don't waste your time on it.

Oh, and please stop using oversized font it's annoying

9. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The forum was actually a disclosed one. I personally talked to La Turbina tonight pre/post game and they don't want to move. They really want to be in the Nordecke but when you have idiots who act all big and bad and start drama....i don't blame them. Oh and the Fan of the Year award I really don't give a rat's ass about it and i am not sweating it.

Sorry for using large font.

10. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    I haven't the foggiest idea what this pair of sentences actually means. Anyone?

What happened?

Well, to be fair, this wasn't a league match, and MLS has zero authority over its conduct.

11. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    by the way my point of the forum is to let those who attend the games regular basis to voice their concerns. the leaders can only do so much but if you want to be a better section listen to the rest of the regulars who sit there.

12. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    To be honest, even with the move of La Turbina, the rest of this (aside from any racial/intimidation issues) has all the makings of a tempest in a teapot.

All the lather worked up on the other thread was mostly about the productivity of slamming La Turbina in one breath while backhandedly complimenting them the next, all in response to their threat to move because of an unwelcoming atmosphere.

In fact, the colloquial use of "drama" (must we employ so much AOLer-speak here?) is pretty much the definition of a tempest in a teapot.

This is a very strange chapter in this rather unexpected season.

13. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i totally agree. the backbone and the leader of La Turbina is a very good friend of mine. we have talked on many things and we even had college classes together. i know that they are very upset because of this. we have many important games to come about in the next few months with LA being the biggest. my point that i am trying to get done is let's resolve this and move on and be the massive section that we are. people can love me or hate me but i want to establish a friendship with all three groups.

14. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    You care far too much about how other people regard you. So much so that it's in nearly every post in this thread.

I'm glad you're making the effort here, however. But it sounds like there's some conflicting opinions among even La Turbina. Your story doesn't square with others I've seen so far.

15. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somewhat appropriate/fitting*

Maybe this gem is more fitting?

Can you tell I'm bored yet? I don't see the need in trying to force something that is unnatural upon a group that doesn't want to be there...but then again, I am a neutral party in this whole ordeal.

*Ok, maybe not at all, I just wanted to finally put a link up to this musical masterpiece. :eek:

16. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    all i can say is that La Turbina want to be there. Why don't you guys come out and express your concerns as well?

17. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Because I live 2 hours away and have a job.

18. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was already a forum as smithandwesson said, I don't see this as needed. The people that would come to this forum aren't going to be the asshats who were mean to la turbina or the guy who shouted the n-word at the NE game. The issue is that we need those people to go and La Turbina to stay, not the other way around.

19. HSH_b

HSH_b New Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Cbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Forget what supporters group your in and forget what he said and she said.

We are Crew fans at the core, and if we respect the fact that everyone in the Nordecke is a Crew fan and as long as they show respect back, regardless if their cheers align with yours at the precise time you expect them too, or regardless if they sit silent and watch the game while you scream your head off. Its about being a supporter of your club, and its about showing respect by understanding others will have different opinions and they may not at all be like yours but at the end of the day we all paid to watch our beloved yellow soccer team.

If everyone can just show some respect for the fellow Crew fan while in the Nordecke, things would start to move in a more positive direction.

20. junior21

junior21 New Member

Apr 16, 2006
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes i know Clem but no one knew about this Forum. There are other concerns that have happened and we need to settle it.

21. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    In honor of Blake's request, I am respecting you.

So, with all due respect, please stop talking. LA is not our biggest game. You're making me less and less interested in coming to this kumbaya-rally.

I understand you didn't get invited to the last one. That's OK, apparently it didn't involve you. If you want to create more drama for everyone's baby-momma, have fun. But it isn't productive because, as Clem pointed out, only the fans who care will be there, so it's not going to do anything about fixing the problems with fans who are stupid.

Here's a run down of how all these meetings/fan forums go:

We'll all show up, agree about all the problems, agree on solutions, hold hands, sing kumbaya, and then walk out, only to find out next weekend that someone who didn't come to the meeting brought a slingshot to hurl beer bottles at La Trubina.

You and I ain't the problem, sister. Having a big ol' meeting to re-affirm that won't do much good. But hey, I admire your efforts.

I wish we re were playing an opponent worthy of having discussion about, never fails that these topics always seem to flare up on the game weeks of RSL, Colorado, San Jose, etc...

22. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yo, if you get la turbina to stay, then take the award. Who gives a shit, prob deserve it for that.

Can I get "Evil Fan of The Year?"

23. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You sound like Hillary Clinton here. You should tone down the glory a little.

I'll just sale Blake's mom to La Turbina. That should keep em happy all night long. :eek:

24. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What other concerns? I'm sick of all this ********ing drama. What happened to you and eboe? Did somebody call you a cracker and punch you in the nose?

You left me a voice mail tonight that something else happened? What could it possibly be? Listen if anything happens to anyone in the section, I don't care anymore.

I got punched in the nose last game and laughed it off. I wish everyone else would do the same about any stituations in the Nordecke. Seriously everyone needs to loosen up a little bit and be like ducks.

haha, like ducks i'm ********ing hammered right now.

Maybe we should just go on Oprah?

25. crewfighter

crewfighter New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Claddagh's Roof
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got an issue. I want free beer, free tickets, free gas, and ppl to pat me on the back alot. Can I bring this up at said forum?