Hudson's "Shut the F*** UP" Comment

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Lietmotiv, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Lietmotiv

Lietmotiv New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Northern VA
    For those of you watching on TV and for those at the game I think I have a good idea why Hudson was caught on tape telling Stoich to "Shut the F*** UP and sit down...".

It all started back in the 5th minute when DC United was volleying the ball around to each other and the ball was headed for the sideline. Etch was there and tried to keep it in but the 4th Official was standing very close to the sideline and etch seemed to back off for fear of kicking the official. The ball went out and SJ had the throw in.

Etch proceeded to bitch at the 4th official as did Ray then Stoichkov stood up and started railing into the him. Ray then took control and told Stoich to backoff and let it go. Quite humerous to watch.

Then at the 69th minute after Etch was called out the 4th official was just minding his own business when Etch, wearing an ice pack on his calve, strolled over behind the official and gave him some more grief. This went on for a minute until Hudson was able to push etch to leave him alone. Then after Etch stops Stoitchkov gets up and starts laying into the ref. For those of you watching it on TV thats when you saw Hudson lay into Stoichkov.

After than Hudson and Stoichkov were smiling as is they were playing good cop/bad cop. Very amusing to actually see it and once I heard it on TV it made it all the better.

2. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Where's the FCC? Can you say Fuck on live TV? ;)

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    I thought he said "Shut up and sit the f' down."

4. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Reminds me of when I heard Mathis curse at the ref after receiving a card during a US match and Mia Hamm cuss at a sideline offical after a botched call. I kept waiting for Rob Stone or Ty Keough to make a comment, but they just ignored it. It's hilarious to me that they can say it and get away with it.

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Yes, if its not on purpose. If you listen closely to any sports broadcast, you hear a few swear words, there is nothing you can do about it.

6. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No Shit

7. Lietmotiv

Lietmotiv New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Northern VA
    You are correct. My bad. I can just imagine how those 3 act behind closed doors. Would love to be a fly on the wall in that locker room.

8. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    I think this is all in good fun. Seriously. Guys get worked up and get fired up. Lets take it for what it was PASSION and leave it at that. (espeically b/c someone who was actually THERE seems to confirm this...)

I am so tired of hearing that Etch and Hristo are a nuclear personality pox on this team while the team wins and we have nothing to base any of these "brilliant" insights on.

9. Mountainia

Mountainia Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Section 207, Row 7
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hudson: Excuse me, guys, I have a few suggestions...

Stoichkov: (clap) (clap) Hey fellows! Coach wants to say a few words.

Etcheverry: (sitting) OK Coach. We're listening.

Hudson: Thank you Hristo, Marco.

Stoichkov: No problem, Ray. Go ahead.

Hudson: Did you want to say anything first?

Stoichkov: No. Please. You go ahead.

etc.

10. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
  11. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
    Players and coaches use foul language? I'm going to find somewhere else to take my tea of a Saturday night.

12. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah thats what i thought too. i saw the taped replay again last night and thats def what he said.

13. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Hristo was laughing about it after it happened as well.

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I just caught it on the replay on CSN. :p

Classic.....

15. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Just caught it on the rebroadcast.

:D:D

16. tmas

tmas Member

Dec 30, 2002
    Then there was also the time when Petke came off the field a few weeks ago with a slight knock and he said "He hit my f***ing knee" or the time during the WC after Cobi was head-butted and Mexican was sent off Cobi yelled at him saying the words "god-damn, f***, and b*tch" although I can't remember the exact sentence.

17. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
  18. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This moment was so funny as I watched the rebroadcast yesterday, I knew it was coming up, and my 9 year old daughter took a drink right before it happened. Ray's explosion and Hristo's reaction actually made her snarf.

It's really funny to watch them work the ref.

19. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    Ray can curse anytime, as long as he is wearing the MLS approved slacks. Makes the F word sound much classier that way...

Too bad I didnt catch what Hristo was saying. He can be worse than a sailor.

20. wandering soccerdog

Mar 29, 2003
    Approximately once every 6 to 8 years, a hot-shot young TV executive will come along and say, "We have an idea to make our broadcasts more exciting. This year we'll be putting microphones on the players in order to hear what they actually say during the course of the game."

The network, where everyone fears for their jobs every day, then goes out and promotes the hell out of this innovative new idea.

Then, the first broadcast comes and within about six minutes one of the players yells at another, "What the f--- was THAT you MOTHERF-----???!!!"

The broadcasters are speechless and immediately the onfield mics are shut off, and the experiment is never heard from again.

But this isn't what happened this time, this was an accidental pickup, but it should be a lesson, nonetheless.

Boneheads, please keep the mics very far away from the field and bench. It adds absolutely nothing to the broadcast.

21. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Well it made me laugh... :D