Hudson wants to return (W. Times, Haydon October 25, 2003 )

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Oct 25, 2003.

1. monster

monster Member

Oct 19, 1999
    Hanover, PA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and I want a pony.

2. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    "Our job consists of 90 minutes a week. If guys can't show up for that 90 minutes, then they should go out and get an eight-hour day job and see how they like that." - Petke

Truer words have never been spoken.

3. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't it funny the way players, fans, sportswriters, coaches, etc. (ad nauseum) always refer to futbol as the 90 minute game? Not in the minor league MLS, baybee. Here our fearless commissioner insists on 100 minutes about half of the time. What manure! How many new fans have come to the stadium because of that ludicrous OT rule (in regular season)?

GM

4. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That minor league, unsuccessful J-League, too! jerks!

5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    There's a lot of work to be done here, like getting better training facilities."

I think this is an underdiscussed (on BS) problem for the team. The way they are shipped around for training, it's like they're an amateur team or something. Granted, a great training facility hasn't really helped the Galaxy and the Crew but I can't help thinking that DCU hasn't been to the playoffs since them left the old Redskinds Park.

Hudson believes United's record (10-11-8, 38 points) and next-to-last standing in MSL's Eastern Division does not reflect the quality of his team.

MSL? Nice editing

6. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been saying this for years. Ever since religious profit hogs stole our training facility, we have suffered. I still say this is 100% more important than a stadium, or at least was during the last 3 years when they did NOTHING about it. When we were in the old United Park, the players were in a professional environment all the time. Their own space in the locker room, the weight room, the training room - the offices where they could see the people in the office working to get butts in the seats, and a place for the fans to know where their team was. They could make friends with the hot receptionist ;)
    Could anything on BS be underdiscussed? :)

7. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a DC fan, so my main concern is with this quote:
    "Meanwhile, a senior club official said United could lose a million dollars if it doesn't make the playoffs. United has sold 15,000 tickets for tonight's game. "
    Where does this number come from?....I would think RFK is leased on a game by game basis..Even then , i don't think you guys pay that much (150K-200K <my guess>) per game....So what could explain such a number?