HT changes April 2006

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by AAGunner3, Apr 21, 2006.

1. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Changes for next season

4/21/2006

It's that time of year again - time for a couple of changes to Hattrick. Read on for a detailed description.

The multi-season league reform project is at its peak as you read this. A significant number of changes to one of Hattrick's basic elements have been made, and it has been a major undertaking. Hopefully the confusion and uncertainty about the league system is gone now. Hattrick has gained a new foundation that will prepare us for further growth, while also making the league system more interesting and challenging for users in lower divisions.

Next season, all transferred players will be paid salary from the first day in their new club. The salary will be added to the club's temporary expenses for that week. This change will take place from 2006-04-24 20:00:00 (HT-time).

The unnecessarily complex bankruptcy system will be reformed - you will have two weeks in which to regain sound economical status, with no login limits. The five-login limit is scrapped.

A minor change regarding players' *-rating: a forward towards wing will receive a lower rating compared to today. This means that you cannot compare a rating received in the upcoming season with a rating earned in earlier seasons.

In one area, the match engine has been sorely lacking in intelligence; when determining the scorer of a goal it has neither taken into consideration repositioned players nor players' scoring ability. Now scoring, position, form, health and experience will influence who becomes a
    great goal scorer, adding more realism to the match engine.

To make match reports more interesting and varied, your LAs have worked very hard on expanding the reports. We think you'll like them.

We are also introducing a new Flash-based match orders form that gives you direct access to the skills of each player, and the possibility to sort players according to skills. The new orders form supports drag-and-drop, and will give you a more accurate view of the current
    formation. All valid setups and some special ones are supported; however, for very special formations you will need to use the old form which will still be available. You can select your default orders form in the Preferences section (My Hattrick -> Preferences -> Other settings).

All in all, these changes represent a mixture of rule changes and new features. During this season we have worked very hard on the league reform and improving Hattrick's stability and we are very pleased to be able to present these other changes and improvements as well.

Happy Hattricking and the best of luck in the upcoming season!

HT-Jonas

2. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Look forward to the improved Flash version of match orders. Expect this to get 'fixed' up soon.

Really like the scoring algorithm improvements too.

And the bankruptcy change.

Question:
    Next season, all transferred players will be paid salary from the first day in their new club. The salary will be added to the club's temporary expenses for that week.

The salary will be split for the week? Is that right. Team A pays the salary from the part of the week that the player was on Team A and team B begins paying for the salary left over for the week, based on the day that team B got ownership of the player. Right?

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I think they pay the full salary.

I like all the changes, Helghallen tells me the new match order screen is really nice.

I like the bankrupcy change as well. Some good ways to work at cutting down on the divine trick.

4. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One little change that they made (without fanfare) is that now both your primary and your alternate match kit appear on the team page (where before only the primary kit was shown).

5. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw that too. Nice lil addtion

6. elciclon

elciclon New Member

Mar 12, 2005
    BOEDO
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the flash version for setting the orders is pretty spiffy i like it, im also getting supporter this weekend i was thinking about it and now qith the new addittions i want to do it.:cool:

7. NoodlesMacintosh

NoodlesMacintosh New Member

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like match report tweaking...it's not bad at all now, but since I really do sit down and watch a lot of my games, it'll be nice to see more text variations.

8. Kevin in Louisiana

Kevin in Louisiana New Member

Feb 7, 2003
    Metairie, LA
    I like the flash order screen. Very nice.

9. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Is that where someone buys a player, uses him, and then sells him before salary is deducted?

10. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea pretty much.

Although another is buying players for one season and using your bankrupcy log ins sparingly to avoid being locked.

11. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just now had a chance to really sit down with the flash orders screen...wow. Classy, easy to use, and functional but still with nice graphical touches. Little things like the training jerseys and repositioning buttons make it more fun than it otherwise would be.

12. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah. I just set my first cup match's orders with it. Pretty nice. Well done I think. Really like being able to sort players by ability and such.

14. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if they're doing this sort of thing with an eye toward making people less likely to want to use programs like HT-Buddy?

15. AAGunner3

AAGunner3 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well, those programs existed due to percieved deficiencies in the HT interface. They'll have to prove their usefullness to existing and potential users. I expect major upgrades to those 3rd party utilities to help you track everything and plan your team's future. If not, they'll be much less used.

16. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I opened buddy the other day and got a message from the creator saying he is releasing a big new version of buddy in June.

17. NoodlesMacintosh

Aug 24, 2004
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that too. While HT itself is moving up and onward, in certain aspects Buddy still has critical advantages. For example, my man O'Connor's playmaking is better than my man Lacy's, but O'Connor's form is in the freakin' tank and although Lacy's is not a whole lot better, it is by enough to place him ahead right now. Buddy will show this. HT will not.

Do not view this as a complaint of any sort--being able to sort the players by all those different criteria at all is helpful and functional, especially on the match order screen itself. However, there is a degree of precision in Buddy that HT will take some time to reach. Furthermore, I don't think it's really HT's job to do all those calculations for you and hand them to you on a platter. I like it that you have to take a few steps (and spend a few dollars) to pick up a good HT-approved program. I don't like the idea of some know-nothing manager who's never even looked at his Training screen getting handed golden info like what can be found in certain programs and utilities. I like being forced to get up and go to the well instead of the well being brought to me whether I'll want, use, or appreciate it or not. Supporter--which they've expressly said shouldn't give its users any real in-game advantage--is one thing, other information that lies down the path this could potentially take is another.

I dunno. Maybe I'm not making any sense. Maybe I'm being an esoteric snob. Long story short: HT good, HT's improvements good, Buddy still good.

18. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh no I get you. As Long as I don't ever have to pay for hattrick buddy again i'll keep on using it.