HSV (The Hamburg Thread) [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Catfish, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Superb game on the cards
    http://www.hsv.de/index.php?id=12157

HSV vs. VfL Stuttgart

This should be a very entertaining match. This is a pivotal match for both clubs. If HSV is to compete for a spot in Europe next year, they really need a win.

Any thoughts or predictions?

2. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    What kind of city is Hamburg like? All I know is that it is in the northern part of Germany.

Thanks.

3. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    It's a great city (and only 60 minutes away fom me)!
    It would be even better if the there was more sunshine.

info about Hamburg

some pics

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It would have been more prettier if the Allies had not bombed the living crap out of it. Those fire bombs really did a number on the city.

5. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    OK, I may be a litte bit biased ;) but it's the best city to live in! Weather could be better, but the city itself rocks. Lots of water, many parks so pretty "green" for a big city. Then there's the famous "Reeperbahn" a street you won't find anywhere else in the world ;)
    I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in germany. If some of you guys plan a trip to germany, you HAVE to see Hamburg.

lake Alster
    Harbour
    Stadium
    city hall

6. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Back to sports, looks like HSV will get 500.000€ and a national team game (worth about 1.5 mio €) as compensation for the ref scandal. They wanted to be back in the cup but it seems that it was just too complicated. Not my favorite solution, but I think thats more money than we would have earned through the cup.

My 2 cents about tomorrows game: A win would be great and we did quite good @home vs. Vfb so I hope we'll win.
    Possible lineup:
    Pieckenhagen-
    Schlicke, van Buyten, Boulahrouz, Klingbeil-
    Mahdavikia, Wicky (doubtful, Benjamin would be the replacment), Beinlich, Jarolim-
    Barbarez, Takahara

7. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Latest rumors, HSV wants to sign those two guys:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Owomoyela would be a great pickup, maybe he's ready to go back to his hometown. I'd like to see him in a HSV jersey, but I think he propably will join Schalke...
    I don't know what to think about Hamann though. Wicky has been pretty solid in midfield, Didi is not the youngest, but at least he'd be free, cos his contract expires.

8. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm with you on Wicky/Hamann. I think Wicky has been pretty darn good. Hamann's best is past him, and I don't think he would be an upgrade on Wicky at this stage in his career. About the only way this makes sense is if the idea is to move Wicky to outside back (where, IIRC, he played some last year).

Where would Owomoyela play if he came to HSV?

Finally, what's going on with HSV and Tjikuzu?

9. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    1.) Yes, Wicky played outside back a lot under Toppmöller, but I think he's better in midfield, so if I think about it, I don't want Hamann ;)
    2.) I guess Owomoyela would be right back, so he'd get Schlickes place (who's a solid player but not as good as Owo).
    3.) Nothing's going on with HSV and Tjikuzu (anymore) ;) After Rostock fired him (missed training again) HSV withdrew from the contract. So Tjikuzu now is without a club for this season and for next season. Too bad for him, but I think this was the right decision. We don't need an average player with an alcohol problem...

P.S: Looks like Lauth is in the starting lineup in Berlin!

10. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Lauth is back in the starting lineup! This is good news for my Kicker team (I am tired of figuring who among Klimowicz and Bdaric is going to decide to play a decent game).

I like Tjikuzu as a player. Certainly not a star, but a versatile guy with some talent. But he is killing his career with his drinking problem. IIRC, Bremen dumped him because of drinking, and he's been in and out of the doghouse with Rostock all season (I think Rostock dropped him for the rest of the season last week).

11. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    It's not confirmed yet! But he said that he's ready to go all the way, Doll told the press that he's thinking about putting Benny in the starting lineup and Mpenza is still injured, so I think that there's a good chance, that he'll start.
    Lineup then would be:
    Pieckenhagen - Schlicke, van Buyten, Boulahrouz, Klingbeil - Jarolim, Wicky, Barbarez, Beinlich - Takahara, Lauth

Btw. there's a new shirt in the fanshop:
    [​IMG]

I think Tjikuzu is done in germany. Bremen fired him, Rostock fired him, HSV canceled the contract, all because of his drinking problems (and then missing training). If he's lucky he'll find a new club somewhere else...

12. Doc_Aeppler

Doc_Aeppler Member

May 27, 2003
    Frankfurt
    First of all, i have to say that HSV is one of the few teams in the Bundesliga that I kinda like. Traditional teams are always good, and I really like the stadium! (especially with 10000 Frankfurtfans in it, but thats a different story... ;) )

BUT, their fans are nothing short of rediculous....
    I mean what the hell was that again this weekend:
    [​IMG]
    What a bunch of newbs...
    Arent they even ashamed of what they do there, I mean seriously even Wolfsburg or Leverkusen does better Tifos than that...
    It seems like all "quality" fans go to St Pauli in Hamburg... oh well...

All I can say is daZke for a good laugh and good luck for the rest of teh season, just dont try to do anymore tifos.... :D

13. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Its a fair deal, good players go to the AOL Arena, good fans got to the Millerntor.

14. Cadbury

Cadbury New Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Uk, England
    Is it certain that Mahdavikia is going to leave Hamburg or not at the end of this season?
    He has always been one of the best Hamburg players in past five years.

15. destekke

destekke New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    what about the rumours of Van Buyten joining Bayern ?

16. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Van Buyten played terribly today, thats all i know.

17. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Yeah he made two mistakes that lead to two goals, but he was sick all week.

18. Hadj Ullelah

Hadj Ullelah New Member

Aug 23, 2002
    home, sweet home
    Unfortunately with Mehdi it seems as if the emphasis is firmly on "has" and "been"... :(

Nothing certain for next season yet, right now he's on probation and has to prove himself. He did pretty well against Bremen though.

19. rivers

rivers New Member

Jul 11, 2003
    Canada
    What are the attendences like at Hamburg? Could I get a ticket for the May 8 game vs Borussia M'gladbach a day or two before the game?

20. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Capacity is 55.000, average attendance so far is 47.000. Normally the game shouldn't be sold out, but it's the second-last (?) home game, so it could be hard to get a ticket the day before the game.

21. AliOlia

AliOlia New Member

Apr 15, 2005
    how do you think mahdavikia played the other day?

22. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    I can't tell you, cos I didn't see the game, just a short summary, but unfortunately not the whole 90 minutes.

23. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    whats the captains name again?

anyway for some reason i dislike him

24. DanielHSV

DanielHSV New Member

Nov 29, 2004
    Hamburg, Germany
    Daniel van Buyten. And for some reason I really like him, coz he's a very good player :)

25. scorpio81

scorpio81 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    congrats - big win today - would love to see you'll back in europe...