HS Soccer starts tonight!

Discussion in 'High School' started by sam_gordon, Jul 23, 2021.

1. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    Our "State Games" includes a division for HS soccer. It's not a tournament, but a three scrimmage weekend. My daughter starts her sophomore year as the starting GK tonight and my son starts his senior year tomorrow morning at 8am.

Regular season starts August 9.

bigredfutbol and soccerdad72 repped this.
  2. soccerdad72

soccerdad72 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Apr 5, 2021
    Officially, our season starts August 2nd - Aug. 1st is the first date any fall sports can hold official practices in Ohio.

Unofficially, our team has been training most of June and July - and this past weekend played in a soccer showcase (seven 40-minute scrimmages over three days). Our first of four scrimmages is August 9th, with the first regular season game on August 21st.

My junior son was named one of the three captains for the upcoming season, so he's amped up and ready to go.

bigredfutbol and sam_gordon repped this.
  3. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    I know my son was dead during the third game this weekend. They played three games, 35 minute halves, with two games on Saturday. He's CB, so he plays the whole game (usually). The heat didn't help. At least my daughter is GK, so she doesn't have to run.

Out of six games (between the two), we went 5-1 and gave up only five goals (three for the girls and two for the boys). Pretty successful start. Daughter has a scrimmage on Saturday and Monday and son has one next Tuesday.

Looking at my son's schedule, we have three games that are 2+ hours away. :p

bigredfutbol repped this.