Howard: Everton vs. Chelsea 12/22

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Gameday' started by ragin bear, Dec 22, 2008.

1. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to the game. i think Pinnear was robbed of a goal! Was he offisde? Where was it? I couldn't tell. I;d have to see it again but first glance I didn't see it. it just a scramble and he ounced on it.

2. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's funny is my actually doctor is Dr. Hibbert and everytime I visit I make a wise crack and he just looks at me like he's heard it a billion times. I still think it's funny. Better than poking a joke at his daughter whom i know and is kinda known to be skanky!! ;) :D

3. Plan B

Plan B New Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Chicago
    seemed like there was no offside-- the ball had deflected off a Chelsea player when Pienaar played it-- but it only went in because Ballack's knee knocked it out of Cech's hands. I do think Cech had control of the ball-- I honestly don't know whether that matters if your own player knocks it from you though.

4. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FT 0-0

Good news. Chelsea's 11 game winning streak on the road is broken by Everton. The bad news. Everton had a few chances and had a goal erased due to offside but still couldn't manage 3 points being up a man a large portion on the match. I thought it was a pretty ho-hum affair. Mostly played in the midfield and a little scrappy at times. Howard had little to do. Unfortunately Everton did little in the attacking end. A point against Chelsea is always a plus. But playing a man up at home should account for something which Everton couldn't produce.

5. xTottixCorex

xTottixCorex New Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Indiana
    according to Wikipedia, he got hit by a car when he was five. scarred for life, i guess:(

6. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Match report -- sportinglife.com

Player ratings -- skysports.com

Not bad, all around. Keeping a clean sheet against Chelsea is not a bad feat.

7. Martin Fischer

Martin Fischer Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Kampala. Uganda
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game was a snore fest.

8. babytiger2001

babytiger2001 New Member

Dec 29, 2000
    Melbourne
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The highlights on this evening's Network Ten (Melbourne) sports round-up seemed to echo that.

As a media analysis, they gave 25-30 seconds worth of highlights (after giving the latest news towards the build-up to the Boxing Day cricket test between Australia and South Africa at the MCG, of course), with the John Terry sending-off being the focal point of the coverage. With no airing of Howard's early save on Ashley Cole, FWIW.

And even at that, 25-30 seconds may have been more than generous for the cause.

9. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Moyes has no forwards available.

Today, he had Fellaini playing as a target striker and his bench was rather bare as well.

That team could use a healthy doze of Love.

10. Tima

Tima Member

Oct 3, 2006
    Cambridge
    Sadly our current owner sees himself as some kind of uber-Evertonian and refuses to put the club up for sale. This despite having no money, selling off and outsourcing everything we own and increasing our debts every year.

If it wasn't for the genius of Moyes we'd be relegated given our relative finances.

11. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't the ultimate soccer player have a robotic leg?

12. olephill2

olephill2 Member+

Oct 6, 2006
    Club:
    Watford FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really.

13. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Last season, Everton grossed £75M but is further in debt than before.