How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One legged Benzema > fully fit Olivier Giroud

2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think he is saying it would have hurt us even more for him to play

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

"He was cleared by the Real Madrid doctor to play!"

The amount of bullshit this club does to support the players is insane.

There were two options. Either he was phoning it in to play the world cup, or he was seriously injured. It looks very much like the latter now, so it puzzles me why we pretended like he was rawring to play at the World Cup. Could've arguably have meant curtains for the season had he gone through with that.

benny_madridista and Bear Crotch repped this.
  4. Serengeti_Boy

Serengeti_Boy Member+

Sep 15, 2009
    Serengeti, East Africa
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Tanzania
    Put some respect on OG. Benz is better clearly but OG is a fantastic and reliable late bloomer.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This Giroud / Benzema thing was so lame. They never crossed paths but a rivalry was created out of nowhere to justify others people's issues with each other.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Tell Benzema this.. after all he is the one who likened him to a go cart.

benny_madridista repped this.
  7. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Yes, that was very poor form from Benz. Salty or no, there was no need to say that.

Also, he's got niggles and discomfort, there's no serious injury so idk what that 4x4 is saying. Such a penchant for the dramatic man.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    You think it's poor form to be honest rather than lie to feed the media PR lines?

I think it's refreshing to hear the actual thoughts. God knows I'm a hypocrite because I would never publicly due to the outrage or fallout lol.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He ranks 12th in minutes played for us this season. He missed out a lot of action.

10. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Sometimes people forget at what level this guy was playing and working the last 4 years, Pichichi's, La Liga's, CL, B D'or and never was injury prone in his 14 years.. Rest up Karim.

Lyra and nassar_7 repped this.
  11. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    I agree but those "niggles and discomforct" do worry me, not only that but there's the reports about serious fatigue issues too. Hope he gets all the rest he needs.

12. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    From his point of view, or any player at his position, you already want to participate in a world cup let alone right after you won CL and the ballon d'or.. i couldn't even imagine the hunger he felt to win that one knowing how competitive and ambitious he is, especially after sweeping all those awards the season before. His nagging injuries and fatigue reports worries me but i wouldn't blame him for anything this season.

13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think it was more sensible to keep him out of the world cup but he would've wanted to play even on one leg and the club knew this so they went with his version. Obviously the right thing to do from our perspective, but let's not pretend we're silly. It's obvious he's struggling with injury/fitness issues this season.

DoughB repped this.
  14. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah thats not exactly true but he managed to bounce back from back and hip issues several years ago. Coincidentally in the same time he became a fitness freak so I'd love to know the secret of his longevity in greater detail.

15. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Sure he had his issues, but definitely not injury prone compared to others.

16. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    It would have been sensible in a perfect world but yeah like you said he would've played even on one leg.. but watching him this season it's not like he had nothing to offer for the France squad.. but CLEARLY not 100% though.

17. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Obviously Benz wasn’t 100%.

Lucky for France they had a fully fit Giroud for the final. Otherwise the go kart becomes as useful as a shopping kart.

Lyra and DoughB repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You don't want to know the secret to the longevity of those athletes. :D

lukita and DoughB repped this.
  19. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think its substances, if thats what youre alluding to. Nutrition and training methods have become crazy scientific in recent times, so there have to be specific combinations that yield even better results than dope possibly.

I have to admit this thought process of "if I only had the teams of experts that are behind these stars imagine how good I would have been" is really a sweet fantasy:ROFLMAO:

20. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Most of the doping regimens available today have been around for a while - there's no breakthrough drug - steroids, EPO, HGH (2000s) do not explain longevity. They probably explain the sheer volume of games, rapidity of recovery from injuries, and increases in performance. Longevity has more to do with better playing conditions, better recovery, etc.

21. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    The so called best to ever do it was pumped with HGH.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You barely get tested in football compared to other sports, it's way too many guys to test everybody, and you only get tested during the season.

That doesn't take away from the incredibly hard amount of work these guys do throughout the year, but a supplement stack is something you can get put together by a clinic that handles the topic pretty much hassle free. I read a lot of journals and reports around the topic and the testing protocols in football are laughable, which is why i don't hold anybody to a different standard. A ridiculous amount of hard work is required regardless.

There was a suggestion made to outlaw the use of painkillers in the sport and all teams voted no. It's a fact that most players are drugged to their eyebrows when they play. Guys are playing through injuries that nail a regular person on a bike, doctors call the painkiller abuse in football downright deadly. I know it cause i've done it, wake up, painkiller, work, go home, painkiller, train, painkiller go to bed for months. End of the story, foot stress fracture. If you speak out against it you're soft or a loser or a coward.

Aensensen repped this.
  23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

Why thou

he has gotten all the support he needs. His injury riddled season has nothing to do with the team

25. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I remember an interview he did. He has a similar stance to Kroos, if he feels he is no longer useful to theteam, he would move or retire.

Maybe this injury riddled season is making him feel he can't give the same output required of this level.

Shay Z, Anon. and J-Mezzy repped this.