How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Airjao

Airjao Member

Real Madrid
    Mar 23, 2014
    Our man is on top of the world. Well deserved. Hope he wins the WC to top it all off.

Imagine if we had signed Villa instead of Benz back in 2009. The only time I’m thankful to Valencia for being pr!cks.

2. Style

Style Member+

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Too bad Benzema doesn't know who Micah Richards is....

Unpopular opinion but he might be as good as Harry Kane this season.

Deep Pal, benny_madridista and J-Mezzy repped this.
  3. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Messi?

UEFA: For the great performance in Finalissima. Messi deserves the Champions League best player award

S1na, Deep Pal, 4x4s and 11 others repped this.
  4. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Interested to know who did you want to win this CL final as a Bayern fan? Carlo said Milan fans wanted RM to win since they didn't Pool to equal their 7 CLs. Wonder if Bayern fans had similar feelings with them and Pool having 6 CLs.

This might be one of those CL finals where majority didn't root for RM to lose. I know all Everton fans and majority Utd fans wanted Pool to lose. [emoji23]

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  6. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    S1na, Deep Pal, ImadEdd and 3 others repped this.
  7. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My same reason. I know it's impossible to catch Madrid but don't want Liverpool to overtake us

S1na, PigBenis, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  8. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1533844592994426882 is not a valid tweet id

S1na, Deep Pal, Vector-SS and 2 others repped this.
  9. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    Our Captain, the best player in the world. Watching this guy going from zero to hero is one of the coolest things I've seen watching this sport in all these years.

From el gato to el capitán. Crazy, if you think about it.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    S1na, Deep Pal and Aensensen repped this.
  11. arcane

arcane Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    Philippines
    What is 5 CL trophies when they can win 6?
    If that happens, the haters gonna be on suicide watch.

Deep Pal repped this.
  12. hector_br

hector_br Member+

Feb 13, 2007
    His Pitbull cosplay style was awful. Thank God for time passing.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Aensensen

Aensensen Member+

Jun 10, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I still remember that rooftop media shoot with Ronaldo, Benz... Was a bit awkward lol. Don't remember if Kaka or Xabi Alonso were present or not. Man, 2009 transfer window was insane.

14. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Remember Perez fully backing him up during one of his worst spells, claiming he is a mixture of Zidane and R9.
    Thanks god for Perez.

Saeta Rubia repped this.
  15. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
  16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    1535926109241368577 is not a valid tweet id

MiamiNative0722, Deep Pal and Sawiris repped this.
  17. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
  19. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
  20. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Karim out here living his best life.

His elevation the past 4 or so years has been really fascinating to see. Before someone (looking at you Shay) jumps down my throat and tells me he has always been at this level, I think we can all agree from a tenacity/passion/aggressiveness standpoint he definitely stepped up a few notches after Ronaldo left. Curious if it was that vacuum that needed to be filled in attack that was the main catalyst, or his maturing as a person/player, the support of Flo and Zizou and the squad, etc…

Regardless, and I’ve said this several times now, my opinion of him and his legacy at Madrid have changed significantly over these past several years. And I’ve just enjoyed watching him more. Dude has been extremely clutch and has busted his ass and deserves the accolades. Bravo Karim.

RMSocrates, Georgey_, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  21. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    #12696 petros93, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2022
    Tbh before this year I felt he was at the same level and was underappreciated. You cannot say this year he was just as good as always imo. He was out of this world.

I don't remember Messi or Ronaldo talking an underdog team to the top of the world. That doesnt make Benzy better than them but what he did this year is on another level.

22. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Also, and sorry for double posting, something I don't see being talked enough is the first goal at City. You see people talk about the hat tricks, the panenka, the winners but that goal gets forgotten. And is actually a turning point for us.

We were dead. Beaten and could have conceded 4 in 20 minutes or so. It's one of those games you feel like it's lost already. And out of nowhere with a brilliant touch with his left foot he puts us back in the game. No one helped in that goal. Mendy's cross wasn't something special. No one had a britllliant moment. It was all on him. Believing that even if we're 2 down and look bad he can turn this around. And even if we lost, that game felt won. I've never experienced this feeling on a lost game again.

Only Cristiano could score such difficult goals and make it look easy enough that people don't talk about them.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    #12698 Shay Z, Jul 8, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
    Nah I’m definitely not here to be “right” (who the eff is 100% of the time anyway and those who insist they are get very annoying) or be the “told you so” guy. I’m just here to enjoy my favorite team with you and my other online friends who love it as much as I do.

Karim the dream made our dreams come true. Nothing but love for him because he’s been just so dedicated to the club since he turned down Man United for us. We will miss his presence once he’s gone.

Deep Pal, zizou555 and petros93 repped this.
  24. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benz deserves all the accolades that he is getting and rightly so, for me the best player in world football last season, however i don't understand this, without the cross the goal simply does not happen, not that i understand how crosses are rated but it doesn't have to be "something special" it just has to be in order for the goal to occur, even if Benz has to make a spectacular move to score

25. petros93

petros93 Member

Real Madrid
    Greece
    May 27, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I wanted to emphasize how the goal was all on Benzema.

The whole team looked beat but he pulled it through. There was no super pass for Modric in that goal. No crazy Vini run in the left side etc. It was just a ball close to Benzema and he scored a brilliant goal with his left foot. It was all on him while the team looked beat.

Saeta Rubia repped this.