How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Eibars or Spezias are still levels above Luxembourg, Lichtenstein. Who the fck said otherwise? :ROFLMAO:

2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #11652 Lyra, Jul 6, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
    Lol, so now we're gonna forget South American farmers Messi scores (or fails to score more often) his NT goals against? That's convenient!

For every Luxembourg goal that you can recall, Cristiano has just as many memorable performances for Portugal in Euro against teams like Spain. How many does Messi have in comparison? When was the last time he stepped up and scored a hat-trick for Argentina in an actually meaningful competitive match that ended up winning a silverware for his team?

Bear Crotch repped this.
  3. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah we are going to forget Messi scores against farmers, because that was a claim right? Just as the claim that Ronaldo isnt a big game player, because you wanted to highlight that he is? Stupidity on internet these days, ppl pulling claims out of their ass out of nowhere.

How many times has Hzard or Kane scored a hattrick? Am I doing it right like this?

4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hazard isn't even mentioned by anyone in this discussion.

Regarding who's a big game player- it was you who brought in the subject of Ronaldo scoring against Luxembourg as if his goal tally is made up of 90% of those goals against such teams. So you introduced a subject and forgot about it yourself. Good job.

Back to the topic- If there's one spot & you've to choose either Lewandowski or Benz for the said award, it's the Polish who deserves it the most.

This is not to say Benz is bad or weaker than him in any sense. Over sensitive people, please take note!

5. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You want me to quote your shit again? I mentioned Luxembourgs and Bolivias so, why not mention the latter too? Both do. The stats I posted of Messi didn't include the games with his national team.

Then you involved like a smart ass with 54 G/A, while that isnt even correct, Messi has a higher G/A with all comps combined, so what now? you got involved for nothing. Then you started ranting random claims like Ronaldo is a big game player, he has memorable performances, nobody said otherwise.

6. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's odd that on a Real Madrid forum people have to exaggerate against Real Madrid players or legends.... to talk up Barcelona ones.

For instance Cristiano scored twice against Hungary, Sweden and France this season. He also scored and assisted against Germany.

That should be ignored because he scored once against Luxembourg and once against Andorra.

What kind of logic is that??

2Magia2, PigBenis and Lyra repped this.
  7. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmm, I wonder why :D
    Cause inclusion of those stats despite performing with better quality teammates for years won't look too good on him.:D

Btw, remove Lithuania, Andorra, Luxembourg, Faroe Islands and Armenia from Ronaldo's International Goals and he will still have more Goals than Messi.

Umm, yeah he is a big game player and Messi isn't. The UCL KO record is a proof of that. So I can take that into consideration while rating a player as per his merit.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/5583/Show/Cristiano-Ronaldo
    https://www.whoscored.com/Players/11119/Show/Lionel-Messi

52 G+A.
    52>50. Now stfu.

8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Wait is this a football thread or pie eating contest?

9. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I will make it more clear for you, like I do for my lil kids.

than you responded with this:
    Which wasn't even right to begin with, nor did it actually refute my claim saying no one besides Messi can statically say they contribute each game (apart from Lewa ofc). Ronaldo has played 60 according to your source. As I said you got involved for nothing, I myself didn't even mention Ronaldo. But I guess you wanted some attention, which is fine for me, ill give it to you.

Most funny thing is, now you claim that its 52>50, which again you are wrong. Your whoscored stat didn't include the national games (which ironically enough you used them in the first case) for the Copa America.

https://footystats.org/players/argentina/lionel-messi

58 G/A in 52 games, is this the childish part where I say STFU?

10. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    " I myself didn't even mention Ronaldo" :D

News flash, boomer! You're the one who introduced Ronnie in the discussion. Prior to that it was about Benzema, Kane and Lewandowski. Lol.

Senile dementia?

11. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Go a page back and you will see more names mentioned and not just those 3. Even on the same page there is a list. You made multiple claims regarding Ronaldo, which I didn't mention myself indeed. My original claim you didn't refute, because you came in with false data, thats why you emphasized one sentence of the whole response.

12. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So you agree you intentionally brought Cristiano in this discussion then. Good.
    Why should I go back 3 pages? Obviously I'm referring to the discussion that's happening here today, in which I happened to take a part lol. You may as well go back 10 pages and excavate some topic that's not even relevant to current discussion.

13. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2 pages, not 3, which was part of the discussion. And you posted this yourself today.

DoughB repped this.
  14. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Crazy how Mbappe & Neymar end up second in ligue 1 and reached the semi finals of the CL.. Benzema did the same shit despite the crazy amount of injuries and Casemiro as the teams 2nd topscorer. Benzema scores more from open play than goal machine Cristiano, leading the pathetic attack to almost a second la liga in a row while Cristiano barely made CL. Didn't even need him to win the last game.

Benz probably would've gotten more appreciation breaking bundesliga scoring records. I know they'll force the award to Messi or Kane if one of them wins the tournament. None of these candidates would look right standing on a podium with that ballon d'or imo. Karim deserves it for the past 2 seasons but it doesn't work like that.

Lyra thinks he's not even top 10 like a true Ronaldo fangirl, still trying to keep him down. It must bother you how more people bring up Benzema's influence when talking about Ronaldo's game.

What's Hazard doing these days? On vacation... again? Hardly trained or played. Madrid already training, i would've joined the team right away if i was fat boy.

15. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    They will force it on messi. Kane has no shot.

DoughB repped this.
  16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Absolute nonsense.

Dortmund destroyed Sevilla. How would Sevilla making the CL make them equivalent to Bundesliga winners?

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are we mixing career totals with THIS season?

18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Red Bull also finished ahead Utd in CL group stages. Very average Utd side finished 2nd in PL with 74 points. Bundesliga getting slandered because Bayern are so dominant but Dortmund and Red Bull have been very competitive in CL. And Pep is very likely building a dynasty in PL. Looking to add Kane and Grealish to a billion dollar side that won 3 out of 4 league titles.

19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Great so one club besides bayern can play to a high level sometimes.... but are known the shit the bed.

As I said equivalent to making top-4 in EPL and La Liga.

Heck it's harder for Manchester to make top-4 than for bayern to sleepwalking to another Bundesliga title.

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bayern are leagues above Manchester United. What's your point? They've been the better team in Europe since Ronaldo left so they've been better than Manchester for 12 years.

Gladbach is better than Arsenal, I'd say Frankfurt arguably surpassed Arsenal at a certain point and Frankfurt is like Villareal in the financial scale.

Your point doesn't really make more sense if you just repeat it.

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yes and leagues above the rest of their league which is why it is so easy for them to dominate.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    But with multiple teams being better than several top 6 Premier League clubs, would that mean than making the top 6 in Germany is more difficult than making the top 4 in England or Spain?

You were talking about how winning the Bundesliga ranks you at top 4 in Spain and the Premier League, yet multiple German teams have defeated top 4 teams from those countries, so it seems like Bayern, with this in mind, would also dominate these Leagues?

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah this isn't based upon reality.

Bundesliga has two consistent sides; bayern and Dortmund. One of those two is the beta club.

Hence the absolute ease of leagues like Bundesliga, Ligue, etc. One alpha.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's not what you was saying though. You said winning the Bundesliga is like fi ishing fourth in Spain or the Premier League which is nonsense when teams like Gladbach, Frankfurt and Leipzig beat similarly ranked sides from those countries, at times comfortably.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah, when you're competition to win the league is yourself it's just as easy for Madrid to make a CL spot.

Whenever PSG or bayern don't win it's a disgrace.. due to the ease at which they should and how they really don't have real competition.

Same for Madrid if we don't make the CL.

Manchester actually struggle years to make top-4. While bayern can coast all season and walk into a double digit lead to another league title. Those leagues have entertainment value but no one takes them seriously compared to the bigger ones.