How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Hazard was by far the best player on the pitch last night. It wasn't even remotely close. He was dragging two, three defenders with him every time he started running. He opens up spaces for everyone.

Ssr9, Drouchk, Bear Crotch and 4 others repped this.
  2. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That was the plan?, ZZ allegedly doesn’t seem to agree that “Real Madrid had a comfortable 3-0 lead and prioritized to secure the lead in the second half”, he and most others seem to think they totally lost control and concentration, however, not remotely surprised this is your view, which you are free to have,

I reiterate what little attacking threat we carried in this game happened when Hazard was on the pitch, when he left, the attackers couldn’t string one coherent attack together, that included Benz , fewer touches or not, my view

Prit Javier repped this.
  3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Benzema played very well.

I don't see why we need to castigate him or minimize his influence just because an obvious troll is being obvious.

4. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Our attacking play is still a little concerning, with Hazard being the only bright spot. Benzema is not an obvious target in attack, and Rodrygo wasnt direct enough to compensate. If we had Bale from the Benitez season, this could be a perfect opportunity for him to play more of a second striker and be the main goal threat, instead of being stuck out wide. I dont think we can rely on him anymore so maybe we can try Asensio or James in that role.

Prit Javier and Digital repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I keep reading Hazard was the only bright spot and it legit makes me feel some of you regulars missed the first half.

Seriously.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  6. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos, Benz, Hazard, Ramos, Varane all played well

Prit Javier repped this.
  7. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didnt like much of our play in attack aside from Hazard's runs and interplay with Benzema. Benzema from the first half of the season was excellent, very dangerous and lethal in the box and perfect with his interplay. Since the new year he has been more withdrawn, still good with his movement and combinations but the goal threat is not there anymore. If thats his long term role for us, then the RW should be our main goal threat, but then you see Bale and Rodrygo hugging the line and putting in crosses to nobody over and over again.

8. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    I agree with this assessment.

I need more from Rodrygo particularly. I whine all the time about our options being poor and how we need to lean on the youth and he shows up timid. He really needs to embrace his skill

Digital repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema was better than Hazard, but overall both were great. In the second goal, Benzema took out their ENTIRE DEFENSE and made a pass to a wide open Hazard. Their link-up was a joy to watch.

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Kroos was very rusty. He overhit a bunch of easy over the top passes. Benz was good, but more of the same being too far away to be anything of danger.

Digital repped this.
  11. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Kroos was given the MOM.

hala_madrid722 repped this.
  12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    And I can probably point to 3 or 4 balls that he over hit playing over the defense where Rodrygo or Hazard made excellent runs to expose Eibar's high line. He was rusty.

Digital repped this.
  13. hala_madrid722

hala_madrid722 Member+

Jan 10, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I though Kroos played well, albeit a bit rusty...

Digital repped this.
  14. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Some will say I’m beating a dead horse so I’ll leave it after this, I certainly haven’t claimed that Benz was bad, IMO, in this game, Benz played his normal game,

I’m not the biggest Hazard fan in terms of him being the player we need to take us to the next level, but he’s a good player, his play, his movement, his ability to move defenders around, open up spaces made it better for Benz,

the whole dynamic of the team changed after the sub of Hazard, why?, because the players that came on were, tired?, they forgot how to play?, I mean, Benz was still out there, was he tired? everyone suddenly had a brain fart ?, what happened?

15. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We played a lot of misplaced passes. I don't think any of our midfielders did particularly well.

Rodrygo actually had a very good chance in the middle of the penalty box. It may have been from a corner or cross but he struck it well first time. He just seems too slow out wide on the right.

16. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do you think the team would have played better if Hazard wasn't subbed out? I think they were clearly gassed and since they seemed to be managing the situation they didn't see the need to switch gears.

Hazard was great, Benzema was slightly better IMO.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  17. Prit Javier

Prit Javier Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    May 9, 2018
    Benzema goes to the left, I mean why do we have so many players who want to play their?
    Ramos showed how to get in the box, why cant others do the same. What the ******** do they do in training?

18. Jonah_98

Jonah_98 Member

Real Madrid
    Jun 5, 2020
    Amazing goal. I wonder how many goals he would have if he wasn't so obsessed with the left wing ;).

19. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Deep Pal and Drouchk repped this.
  20. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Once again, Benzema is the best player on the field tonight.

Insane goal by him.

madridista_hr and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Shay Z, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 2 others repped this.
  22. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Goal of the season, fantastic from the recovery by Casemiro all the way till the end, every touch was perfect.

Shay Z, RMSocrates, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  23. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Ballon d'or worthy season thus far
    But we need the trophies

24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    We will win both trophies

When this lad is in form, we win shit. Plain and simple

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    5 goals in last 16 games isn't being in form.. Hopefully he picks it up for the crunch time part of the season.