How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Yeah he is woefully out of form.

I would probably add that we have other players struggling with form right now as well, but Benzema has been pretty bad.

2. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    maybe showing the bench will help because letting the player play regardless of performance doesn't make any sense.

3. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The irony is he's probably lost some form due to fatigue yet he won't be rested.

Deep Pal repped this.
  4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Doubt he'll ever get benched.

5. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    Not happy with this one.

We need to move on from him.

7. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's not really old but seeing him going through the current goal scoring drought it's odd that the club decided thar right now was the best time to give him an extension and make an announcement.

The plan should be figuring out how to replace him as soon as possible before it's too late but as long as Zidane is around the plan will be to not replace him at all.

8. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    2 goals in 900 minutes and being absolutely awful. Jovic came in the 88th minute last game and scored.

Any coach in the world would start Jovic against City and Barca. Yet I'm 90 % sure Zidane would rather die by Benzema.

MerlinRM and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  10. Kylian2020

Kylian2020 Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Feb 7, 2020
    I think until we have a proven replacement he is here to stay and the thing with Karim is that he can play as a support striker if someone like mbappe comes but with hazard struggling I think he might find himself battling with him for that support striker role.

11. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How i like him now?

Not much lol

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Jovic don't speak French.

13. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Jovic don't score goals regularly either. They both have sucked tremendously the last months.

J-Mezzy and Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    At this point either Jovic or Mariano needs to get an extended run since we've been waiting for weeks for Benzema to regain his form and he's made little to no progress.

Digital repped this.
  15. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You could be right, but how do you know that? He played like 5% of the time that benzema played, so now, in the most important phase of the season, you actually have no data to say who is better.
    Benzema is not 9 and will never be.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    We watched Jovic underwhelm all through January and early February.

Both have sucked.

Mariano probably has an axe to grind but I don't feel sorry for Jovic and I certainly am numb about Benzema.

17. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I said this before, it is such a waste signing ANY striker until Benzema is in this team, I am confident, he is going to get 90 min, even if he breaks his ankle!!! I am not sure what the point was to buy Jovic

MerlinRM and J-Mezzy repped this.
  18. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Could have put the game to bed in the first half. I don't care about his first miss, but passing 1v1 chance later on when he had the angle to find bottom corner was annoying. Dude has gone back to "Cat mode" for last couple of months. Jovic has been passive too whenever he started so I don't know the solution.

19. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I didn't like the contract extension for this very reason. Zidane isn't going to bench Benzema no matter what.

For a player who left "on top", I don't think ZZ can transition a player from starter to bench player to eventually leaving. And the obvious thing is Benz doesn't even need to be a bench player. Just rest him and incorporate Jovic more into the XI for when Karim has his bad form. He is already 32. Overplaying him the way he had can only lead to more bad form.

20. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You guys keep asking Zidane to bench Benzema like we have prime Ronaldo on the bench waiting for his turn.

The guy on the bench has been even more passive than Benzema. His goal scoring rate is just as bad.

The only player that can have a gripe is Mariano because at least he would not be passive, disappear or try to play as a creative midfielder instead of a striker.

21. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He should become a full time YouTuber now

22. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I'm sick of seeing Benzema not even trying to score.

I'd still rather see someone else start ahead of him.

23. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This dude has to be one of the most luckiest player ever. Consistently performed like crap for 11 years with some highlight here and there. In general, this dude is way below to expectations of a Real Madrid number 9.

Pipita had he stayed in these 11 seasons, he'd had more goals scored. As a Real Madrid striker you get a lot of chances, too bad we dont have one.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nah Benzema has had a great career with us overall. Just a frustrating and inconsistent player.

But he has had a good career with us and will eventually be remembered as a legend

25. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nah, not for me. You could literally pick any 9 from the Liga, put him in this team Benz had for 11 years and he would score more goals than he did.

Van Nistelrooy for example, did not won one CL with us, for me a bigger legend for this club than Benzmalo.

Ahmadi8 repped this.