How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Lol this dude doesn't even watch matches.

Probably heard the result and rushed online to find a clip to post.

RMSocrates, natenate101, MaxY and 3 others repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I feel like he makes Atletico his bitch lol.

3. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema was the difference maker by scoring that goal.

CR7 had many games of being isolated for 89 minutes, but scored a game-winner.

4. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, Vinicius was the difference maker and Mendy for making that amazing pass.

Benzema is great but even just comparing him to CR7 is cringy.

5. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benz actually was a ghost apart from that goal.

even in the last minute, casemiro gave him a beautiful pass and he managed to fck that up. Despite Benz doing good overall, we still need a goalscorer next season.

6. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #10331 Varnagel, Feb 1, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    And Benzema capitalized it after getting himself in goalscoring position.

Without someone putting the ball into net, then what good are chance creation?

If Jovic scored that goal, you would've given him credit (since you're a stan of him).

I never said Real Madrid CR7 & Benzema were on same level.

Even CR7 had such games like Benzema had yesterday.

He was not great, but that's due to him being isolated for a majority of the game.

Even then, Benzema secured 3 points for Real Madrid. Which is what matters most.

Benzema has 13 goals (currently runner-up for Pichichi) + 5 assist in LaLiga.

He's responsible nearly 50% of Real Madrid's 40 LaLiga goals.

I agree we need an another reliable goalscorer, but not at Benzema's expense.

7. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^ give it a rest. So annoying.

Big winner by Benz, love it.

temesgen, RMSocrates and Excape Goat repped this.
  8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

LEGEND!

Excape Goat, Shay Z, Doni and 7 others repped this.
  9. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    A certain someone just got wet :whistling:

10. Kylian2020

Kylian2020 Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Feb 7, 2020
    Next year god willing he will be giving assist to mbappe I feel benzema needs to become an attacking mid with mbappe pace through the center this team will be incredible.

11. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow

12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Karim the dream :inlove::inlove::inlove:

Eddie repped this.
  13. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    There's no existing official records about how many total assists Di Stefano, Butragueño, Raúl made in their careers. Which isn't all that surprising because nobody tracked assists until the 2000s.

I'm genuinely amazed on how Benzema's "all-time assist leader" started with this.

1224394608513339392 is not a valid tweet id

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He played with Ronaldo next to him for most of his career here. Of course, he picked up plenty of assists. :) But then, as I always said this about Benzema, he is a striker who can pass the ball. Last week , people criticised him for doing nothing against Osasuna. Please look at that beautiful pass. Can Higuain do that? Lewandowski? And before the pass, he drew three defenders. Most strikers would have taken a shot by 0.07-0.09 mark. Of course, this is an exceptional fine(perhaps rare) play, but I noticed Benzema doing that all the time. He held the defenders while sending small passes inside the box. In most plays, they might be not beautiful, but he kept the ball in procession for another player with a better chance. It was a playmaker sense that most goal scorers do not have. He is also a big and string striker who could draw defenders away from his teammates.

Stiliyan and Shay Z repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hmmm what to say to this, I don’t want to take away from Benz as a player or seem to put him down, but I have to say, that move to play in LV was far from exceptional and yes, both Lewandowski and Pipita can and would do that IMO, it just wasn’t a special play, he had all the time and space to do that, no defenders on his back, or tackling him, it wasn’t a particularly intricate ball, just hold it, draw the defenders in and pass it wide,

Now about being a “big” and I imagine you meant “strong” striker, well, he might be big, not sure but “strong” is not a word I’d associate with Benz as a striker , too easily knocked off the ball far too often and rarely “ competes” with defenders in the box , certainly not strength wise, now, skill wise, he makes a mockery of defenders there, and is probably top of the class in terms of strikers out there but , big and strong , no, I just don’t think he plays like that.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  16. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Of course, Benzema is no Drogba, but his is on par with some other strong striker of his generation. We probably will never agree on that. Even last weekend, I saw him at least more than one occassion where he held onto a defender with his back. For me, Benzema is a combination of everything. He might not be the best in everything.

17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #10342 MaxY, Feb 16, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
    Screenshot_20200216_230601.jpg Back to his usual self. Started the season on fire but now going into the important stretch, he's in El Gato mode.2 goals in 10 games. Barcelona, Bilbao, Getafe, Sevilla, Atletico, Sociedad. 6 crucial games yet only 1 goal and 0 assists.

Now comes the annoying part of Zidane doubling down and giving Benzema even more minutes instead of the opposite.

18. Kylian2020

Kylian2020 Member

Real Madrid
    France
    Feb 7, 2020
    We are not winning the league this year even if we do he will be despite him just not confident with him as a number one striker you can say all you want but until we replace cristiano with a player as hungry to score goals(mbappe) we will never be a force again.

Just look at him the big matches apart from Atletico I mean it was a tap in against barca al we needed was a real goalscorer and I am sorry his lack of pace and strength is always going to be a downer for him but mostly for us In big matches,mbappe comes and benzema becomes a number 10 that is the way to go if we want to win the majors trophies I am sick seeing this.

RMrules repped this.
  19. RMrules

RMrules Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 12, 2019
    Benzema is a great football player(Legend of the club),but he isnt a great goalscorer,he is not leading us to trophies with his goals and as the leader of the team....he is just not that great.
    Teams have Messi,Ronaldo,Salah,Mane,Mbappe,Neymar etc,to outscore such tams with Benzema as your main player.........its almost impossible.

If we end up trophiless for second season in a row with Benzema as the main striker, i think he should be sold and the club should move forward ...he is old as well,to count on him for another season as the main men will be insane .

20. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    No excuses either. The next generation of decent strikers has finally started to show up.

A couple of years ago we would struggle to name strikers that would be available for purchase.

21. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Getting back to himself...

Lyra repped this.
  22. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    4G
    2A
    Last 14 games.

@Varnagel [emoji52]

23. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Crickets

Digital repped this.
  24. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    He's lost form. The logical thing would be to give him time recollect and maybe give Mariano and Jovic some run outs, but that won't happen.

Digital repped this.
  25. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    As I posted on another thread I’m sure someone will come with some stat that will make it all good like 10 pre pre-assists or 14 forays out wide to make space, 12 linkups, something to smooth it all over and make it all ok,

he has these periods, always has, we all know this, no matter how he performed last season, but we desperately need goals, I’ve always maintained , I want the #9 that plays for Madrid to score goals first and foremost

MaxY repped this.