How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    AS report it to be three weeks.

2. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    3 weeks is what I am hearing with a possibility of 2, although I don't know why we would risk him coming back early.

3. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Groin injuries are tricky so I think he'll definitely be out at least two weeks maybe up to a month or more. His first season here he had some trouble shaking a groin injury (right around this time as a matter of fact, he came back in that return leg against Lyon at the Bernabeu) that left him sidelined for longer than was anticipated.

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So will Mourinho call Morata up during the duration? I don't know much about Real Madrid Castilla, but I heard he scored a nice goal not so long ago.

5. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    It will either be him or Joselu. My money is Joselu who is currently the top scorer of their division.

6. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Joselu. When ever he has come on for us he has performed quite well considering. Even notching a goal or two.

7. Crimson

Crimson BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 11, 2009
    Except the fact that Joselu is leading the scoring has nothing to do with it.

Morata has been the better performer playing as a SS and even on the wing on occasion

8. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry. Forgot you was the one with the stats :rolleyes:

9. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I'd be surprised if we see either one called up in any official capacity instead I think we'll see the likes of Callejon and Kaka getting more minutes and Jose just adjusting the formation as necessary, as long as everyone else stays healthy I think he'll go with what he's got. Castilla has their own "business" to attend to so I don't see a reason to call up either of those two players just to ride the bench when they could be concentrating on earning promotion at this point. Add to that the impact of Benz's absence should be lessened by the fact that there is a FIFA break coming up as well so if he recovers closer to 2-3 weeks he might conceivably only miss a couple of games.

10. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think Jose will call either one up to the squad. Whether they make the bench to replace the seat Benz would take is another story.

11. Jagbir

Jagbir Member+

Apr 14, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Should give Pipita a good run in.

12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Pipa will get the lion share of the PT and Calleti will be getting whats left. I don't see the need to call up a Canterano to be honest. Ricardo plays the hybrid forward role pretty well too. With Angel coming back into the lineup i don't think we'll need anybody other than Calleti and Ricardo as Pipa's backups.

13. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    According to Marca Angel is going to be out another month :mad:

Still I don't see a need for Joselu or Morata; on the bright side I guess we're going to be fresh for the run-in eh? Benz, Angel and Altintop will recover just in time to lead us to CL glory :D

14. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Joselu or Morata can learn something by sitting on the bench or travelling with the squad.

15. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Would call up Joselu. Different kind of player than Pipita, strong, can hold the ball. . Morata is the exact same player as Higuain.

16. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    This is a powerful picture..

[​IMG]

17. Benz09

Benz09 Member

Apr 11, 2011
    With your mom
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was just wondering, i assume he can fully grow his hair right? He just adopts the skin fade style? That pic looks immense, no homo but damn he's a looker in his own way.

18. nicafornica

nicafornica Member+

Jun 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    facking yes Benzema.

19. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Yeah, Benz just doesn't do it for me....I love him though, that's my boo :D

Were there any other gratuitous photos of French NT players where you got that pic from FC? Like Gourcuff or my new fave Giroud? :D

20. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sorry mymy, they hired Benzema to shoot the other pictures, but he missed.

:D

21. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
  22. zizou555

zizou555 Member

Real Madrid
    Brazil
    Dec 4, 2007
    Newcastle Upon Tyne
    Club: