How would you run WUSA 2?

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by AvidSinger, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!
    (Breath)
    Hahahahahahahahahaha!

2. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    With a setup like that you would easly beat NFL rattings. I'm dead serious.

3. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    Oh, poppycock. And sexist poppycock at that.

Mud wrestling doesn't get better ratings than the NFL.

Sexploitation didn't save the XFL.

Competition is just as tough in the sex entertainment business as it is in the sports entertainment business.

"Women Should Play in Skirts" hasn't worked too well for field hockey.

If somebody wants to sell sex, then they should just sell sex; open a strip club. Soccer only gets in the way.

4. MLS3

MLS3 Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Pac NW
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2005 Re-Launch

Los Angeles
    San Jose
    Dallas
    Portland
    Atlanta
    Boston
    Carolina
    Philadelphia
    Columbus
    Rochester

Single Table, Home and Home, 18 Games, Regular Season Champ is League Champion...

5. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    Speaking of Dallas I'm really hoping that the Nov. 2 game w/ Mexico inspires Mr. Hunt to move a WUSA team to Big D.

6. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    i am sorry but you have to go to washington. you can't avoid a soccer market that big (and with plenty of money to spend on the sport).

7. Jo

Jo New Member

Jan 15, 2000
    Kansas
    And I'm hoping for Kansas City.

8. Keep87

Keep87 New Member

Apr 24, 2003
    North Carolina
    Something

They really need to stay out of New York too, it just cost too much...

9. ankhman

ankhman Member

May 14, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is my take.

WESTERN DIVISION
    Los Angeles
    San Jose
    Dallas or Chicago
    Portland
    Columbus
    EASTERN DIVISION
    Atlanta
    Boston
    Carolina
    Philadelphia or Washington
    Rochester or New York

Play Teams In Divison, Home and Away
    Play Teams Out of Division, Once
    Total = 13 Games
    (save money on team's travel)

For Championship, top three teams in the each division go to the playoffs. EAST Team 2 plays home with WEST Team 3 and WEST TEAM 2 plays home with EAST Team 3 in one game quarterfinal game in the first week. EAST Team 1 and WEST Team 1 get a bye. Winner of the first set of playoff games plays the Team 1 of each division, use a lottery to determined schedule (I think is the fairest way). Winner of the second week of semi-finals playoff games goes to Championship game. Got to remember, the playoff games brings more people to the stadium than regular league games and generate alot of more press and excitement about the league.
    Total= 5 Games for the series of the Playoffs Games and Championship Game

18 GAMES TOTAL for the ENTIRE LEAGUE

10. Binchy

Binchy Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Choctaw territory
    Re: Something

Yes, exactly! Move the Power to Dallas.

11. Poachin_Goalz

Poachin_Goalz Member

Jun 17, 2002
    Athens, GA.

I like your setup for the league. I just hope that the league can develop investor interest so that they can expand. In my heart though, I think that WUSA in the future will probably be smaller. Of the original 8 teams, I think that the only teams that are safe from the axe if the league is reformed are Boston and Washington. Those soccer markets are just too big to ignore. I anticipate a 6 team league in some form but who knows. I really hope that Atlanta still has a team but it is just too early to say if we will or if the league will even exist. The loss of foreign players would really hurt the Beat as well. I have stated previously that we need to move in a different direction than Hooper for our scoring but losing Nonen, Sawa and Pohlers would be devastating. I guess every team would get hit in this way and we should just worry about having a league first and foremost.
    If the league were to use your format above, they might consider playing like oldstyle MLB and just play the teams in your division during the regular season. Everyone would play the teams in their division home and home twice for a total of a 16 game regular season. They may even want to expand this to home and home three times for a 24 game regular season in order to generate more gate receipts. Money could be saved by taking buses between venues instead of airfare for some matchups. Anyway, thanks for the food for thought.