How would you fix United this offseason?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by shawn12011, Aug 26, 2002.

1. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    Keeper:

Rimando is great. He should go on a big vacation and spend some time at home just relaxing. He deserves it.

Mcginty is a good backup. (not that I've seen him play)

Ammann should go but I don't know how. All I know is that this is the money we would use for the raises on our current players who are getting their contracts upgraded.

Defense:

Hope Nelsen stays. He organizes and is solid in the air and also works very hard. And you can't forget about his knack for scoring important goals.

Prideaux has to stay. He did very well this season and I think he can still improve. He may also be the solution for our left wing back problem if we play a flat back four.

Reyes was our best defender and the best addition to the team along with Rimando.

Namoff was pretty impressive and continued to work and he improved, and I hope he will work on his game in the off-season like many other United players. He is also a bit of a utility man because he has some experience in Dmid. He also has a good attitude.

Don't know about Pope. I think if he rests in the offseason and rediscovers his form from the past, he'll be very significant next year. I also hope he decides to give his all for DC and not just USMNT. Anyone else think that Pope was better in World Cup 1998 then he was in 2002. He was certainly better one on one.

We need to get a solid all around defender in case of the likely injury problems. I don't know of any names to throw at you. Indiana had a good one last year and UNC has David Stokes, he's pretty good. Also, we could consider working a deal for Danny Jackson in Colorado because is a defender very similar to Ryan Nelsen. I don't think he got much playing time in Denver so it is a very possible deal. And we should also probably look for a left back who attacks a little. I hope we have at least 6 solid defenders next year: Pope, Nelsen, Reyes, Prideaux, Jackson, and Stokes.

I hope we can get rid of Ivan because, to be honest and excuse my language, next year he won't be able to contribute ************ to this team. Not to mention, Ray's promise to pay him $100 next year.

Midfield:

Chino deserves to stay because I think he can learn and improve a lot. Maybe it's a little wishful thinking, but I think that he may be able to slot into that defensive midfield role.

Convey deserves to stay because he's begun to truly contribute. This was really his first full season as a pro because in 2000 he didn't play that much and he missed a lot of 2001 with injury. Needs to bang the ball into the box more often and sooner.

Olsen has shown what he can do for this team and when he's fit, he'll be superb. He's a better player now than he was in 2000. He should rest and then come back better than ever.

Bye Ritchie. Thanks for the first four years.

Marco, the best player to ever put on a United jersey, wasn't great this year, but he could still play and contribute. He won't get younger or better in the off-season so I think he should just stop while he was still effective. This will also be a major cash boost.

Villegas won't get any better. We can get young college players that Hudson can mold, for the same cash, and they would still probably make fewer mistakes. He has to go.

Lazo was a big disappointment. The reason I say this is because I think of all the better players we could have gotten in the second round of the dispersal draft. Sorry about the car crash and hope he gets well soon and goes on to have good life, but he's got to go.

Mapp is someone to keep because of his youth and he is a player that is here for the future. The one downside to DC pushing so greatly for the playoffs so late in the season, is that if DC had failed to get in one or two games earlier, Hudson might have started him just for the experience. Although I wouldn't trade our great late season push just to get Mapp a game or two.

One of DC's main problems all season was the extreme lack of good service. I think our midfielders should keep playing possession-oriented soccer but they also need to do it the English way a little bit. Just bang the ball into the box. Do it early, and do it often. Sure, our forwards couldn't finish many chances this year, but the more chances, the more likely you'll get more goals.

I think DC should try to get that good Dmid Clark. Also, attempt to get a winger with desire and who doesn't suck as bad as Petter. I also think that Quintanilla should be converted to an attacking midfielder. And you can't forget about the money Marco will clear up. Also, DC should go scouting in Europe or elsewhere for any midfield position. Maybe someone in their late 20’s, if possible, with some size and is a good passer with a little experience. DC needs someone who can stand up and not be looking at the opposition’s stomach. DC can use Marco’s salary for this. Midfield could include: Convey, Olsen, Quintanilla, Chino, Mapp, Clark, Namoff, new winger, and foreign midfielder with a little experience. May seem unrealistic, but it would be great. I know you’re thinking that we can never make it with those youngsters, Quintanilla, Convey, Olsen, Chino, Namoff, and the foreign guy would all have at least two years of experience behind them. Not much, but it’s more experience than the DC midfield in 2001.

Forward:

Bye Lassiter, thanks for 98-99.

Bye Zambrano, but thanks for sacrificing so much on that goals against Dallas

Moreno has to go because I don’t think he’ll overcome the lack of confidence and I just don’t see a solution even though I wish there was one. I would kill to have the Jaime in 2001, even though the Jaime in 96-99 was the best.

To be honest, I'm not a big Quintanilla fan. I thought he would be a different type of player when we got him. The solution for his lack of speed would be to convert him into an attacking midfielder. This way he can contribute more using his ball skills than trying to beat defenders. Easier said than done, I think this could work with some off-season work.

Quaranta should stay for obvious reasons. He's very good and with the future in mind.

Curtis deserves to stay because of his good attitude and he is a very good player off the bench. He was very disappointing throughout a lot of the season, but he did improve a lot from last season down in Tampa. Hopefully he'll put in some time in the off-season doing some work.

Ludwig? Do we own him? If we do, I think he should go because he's not young and what has he done to help out?

We will probably get two forwards. Maybe one will be the maximum salary guy Ray wanted (believe he was from Scotland) if Jaime goes, and then the other could be one of those great target forwards people keep mentioning, Jaqua (can’t remember how to spell it) or Cameron.

We’d have a good core of forwards with Quaranta, Scottish guy, Target forward, Curtis, and maybe another forward drafted in the latter rounds or someone like Dante Washington.

Our squad:

Rimando, McGinty

Pope, Nelsen, Prideaux, Reyes, Stokes, and ?.
    Namoff in between D and M because he is both.
    Alegria, Convey, Olsen, Mapp, Quintanilla, Clark, new winger, and foreign midfielder.

Quaranta, Scottish guy, target forward, Curtis, and another forward or Washington.

United can afford this and it should certainly turn out better than this season. This does mean that a couple of players will have to step up the leadership.

2. Sundevil9

Sundevil9 Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Idetifying needs is fairly easy:
    Striker(s),Left sided midfielder,Defensive midfielder, Leader(s)
    Identifying the cast offs is also simple:
    Roy/Zamboni/Lazy/Villegas/Williams

A little tougher is trying to figure out who stays. Bobby, Ben, Reyes, Rimando, McGinty, 'Nilla, Tino

The tough part for Ray and Co. is to find the parts that fill the needs of the team within the $ amount set forth by the league. And get them on the team.

But if you are to get quality in a trade, you need to give up quality. I think we are beyond the point in MLS where you can routinely pull the wool over other GM eyes and pull off a Roy for Roy deal. Any GM who doesn't watch local NY television is not going to be an idiot and give up his best player for a package of Lazy, Villegas, and Williams.

So who are players that are established or have a 'good upside' that can be moved?

Prideaux/Nelson (we can't afford to have one of these guys riding the pine in a three man D)
    Chino, Mapp, Curtis, and whatever remains of Etch and Jamie.
    Nobody will take a high dollar player. So that leaves a solid defender, three bit players, and various draft picks to dangle in trade negotiations. I doubt we can get much through trades. And I don't think the answer will come through the draft, it doesn't seem like Hudson likes to pin his hopes on the crapshoot aspect of it.

What does that leave? A couple of foreign acquisitions, or a big name American coming home. There will be senior international room next year. Another question is cap room.

3. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    I think the draft might actually provide some of what we need. Not all of it but some. I hope Ray doesn't do something stupid with the number one pick.

4. nick

nick Member+

Nov 23, 1998
    Potomac Falls, Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We sure have some wishful thinking going on. When the core of your team, your money players, have had three straight years of leading the team to a failed campaign the answer is pretty obvious.
    As Ray said, "Its just not good enough".

I expect Ray to be true to his word. He said don't be fooled by the recent play of the team. The lack of scoring up top and the lack of commitment of others have been apparent throughout the year.

The core of the team is not good enough to build championship teams around and I see Ray being "ruthless" next season in acquiring the team HE is going to be judged on.

Given this scenario, here is my take:

Keepers
    Convey, Bobby 15
    Mapp, Justin 21
    McGinty, Mike 22
    McKinley, Ivan 8
    Nelsen, Ryan 7
    Olsen, Ben 14
    Prideaux, Brandon 4
    Quaranta, Santino 25
    Quintanilla, Eliseo 20
    Reyes, Milton 5
    Rimando, Nick 18

Fencers
    Pope, Eddie 23
    Villegas, Petter 11
    Curtis, Ali 28

Goners
    Alavanja, Lazo 6
    Alegria, Jose 13
    Ammann, Mike 1
    Williams, Richie 16
    Zambrano, Henry 17
    Etcheverry, Marco 10
    Lassiter, Roy 27
    Moreno, Jaime 9
    Namoff, Bryan 12

5. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I wrote:
    and then Chico wrote:
    Yeah, sorry, I did mean Marco was the harder decision. Thanks for picking that up. :)

-Tron

6. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I disagree. :D I disagreed when you wrote it, and I contiue to disagree. IMHO, Convey was one of the top 5 performers on our team, and has had a great second half of this season.

Since you wrote this Convey has been moved into the center of the pitch and done wonderfully. He's created offense for our forwards, scored consistently, held possession well, been readily available as an outlet for our defense, played quickly through midfield, overlapped well, made good decisions and generally generated offense.

IMHO, he's the next American central attacking midfielder. I would build a team around him, not trade him ... for anyone. If offered I might take Donovan, who is better, but probably not because Donovan will not be in MLS 3 years from now, Convey may.

The addition of Justin Mapp was huge for Convey. It was a vote of confidence in him as the attacking central mid. Mapp brings sublime technical skills, great speed, good size and excellent attacking instincts to the midfield. The trio of Olsen and Mapp on the flanks and Convey in the center can be the best in MLS IMHO. Their games compliment one anothers'.

-Tron

7. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia

8. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    That's essentially how I see it as well. Pope stays if he wants to, and Hudson can't really trade him as MLS HQ and Payne/AEG would have big problems with dislodging a USMNT icon in the prime of his career. Plus with the charitable stuff that Eddie does in North Carolina, I just don't think Hudson could trade Pope even if he wanted to, and he doesn't want to trade him.

My only fear is that Hudson will trade SuperDraft picks (which should produce some good players this year) for less than their value. We could get 3 P-40 contributors who will be very good MLS players and don't count agaisnt the salary cap from this draft. We also might pick up a solid backup defender. These four contributors would go a long ways to allowing the salary cap space needed and the contributing roster members that United needs to support its oft-injured cast.

I hope Hudson adds Tyson Nunez as an allocation / discovery / flavor-of-the-week-MLS-mechanism player, and trades a current roster player for Jim Rooney (or a similar combo Dmid) while keeping and using all of his SuperDraft picks to add good young defenders and one target forward like Nate Jaqua.

-Tron

9. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York
    Ali and Eddie can stay. Pete can't.

10. Richbon

Richbon Member

May 21, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    What Tron said. Convey is the man in the middle, with Olsen on the right and Mapp on the left. Although Villegas' play really bothers me, I think we should keep him around while Mapp settles into the starting role (and hopefully it will be a quick adjustment). I agree too we have a major need at Dmid. I saw Rooney's name mentioned, but I think I'd rather see another former Fusion def/mid. A guy by the name of Pablo Mastroeni. Maybe you've heard of him? ;-) I know it's a pipe dream, but we've all heard Ray sing his praises. I loved Ray's quote about Pablo running "like a rat up a drainpipe". If Etch is gone, we should have the $$$, no? I think with Quaranta returning and continued development from Quintanilla, we should be okay up top. Ditto for the back line, especially if Nellie stays.

11. JoeW

JoeW New Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Northern Virginia, USA
    1. Colorado won't give up Mastroeni.

2. If Etcheverry goes and we use that money on Mastroeni, that's a bad choice. We can get a very good D-mid (probably outside MLS) for less than $265K. That also means that, unless we release Pope or Moreno, we haven't addressed our issues at forward. We need a finisher and aerial threat. And it's a mistake at this point to assume that either Moreno or Quaranta can last a season--the past 2 years, both have shown problems staying on the field.

3. Quintanilla isn't owned by DCU or the league. He still needs to be purchased and signed. That would mean a pay increase (he's being paid on his salary level for ES--very low and probably below the MLS minimum).

4. Mapp has played in less minutes in MLS than Olsen played in just the last game of the season (counting the OT). Projecting this guy as a starter is foolish. At this age, kids can make big strides in maturity and physical growth. He could be a stud next year. Or he could be a guy who does nothing more than provide 5-10 minutes a game at the end to give us speed against tired legs. EJ is in his second year in the league, was more highly regarded than Mapp (and certainly showed better in the youth WC) and he's still eaking out 5-10 minutes per game on a team that could desperately use a good, technically skilled foil to Kreis. Rhine? Cerritos (who was on the bench at SJ and behind Conteh at one point?).

We're all enthused b/c of the last game--the effort, skill and combination play. It was great. And we still lost at home to a team that is in the middle of the league.

12. mdesimone1

mdesimone1 New Member

Jul 26, 2000
    California
    Alavanja, Lazo 6 - stuck with him
    Alegria, Jose 13 - keep
    Ammann, Mike 1 - no comment
    Convey, Bobby 15 - time to step up
    Curtis, Ali 28 - great value
    Etcheverry, Marco 10 - its time to go
    Lassiter, Roy 27 - its time to retire
    Mapp, Justin 21 - keep
    McGinty, Mike 22 - keep
    McKinley, Ivan 8 - keep
    Moreno, Jaime 9 - its time to go
    Namoff, Bryan 12 - keep
    Nelsen, Ryan 7 - keep if possible
    Olsen, Ben 14 - keep if possible (europe a problem)
    Pope, Eddie 23 - backbone of the team
    Prideaux, Brandon 4 - keep
    Quaranta, Santino 25 - future of the team
    Quintanilla, Eliseo 20 - future of the team
    Reyes, Milton 5 - backbone of the team
    Rimando, Nick 18 - backbone of the team
    Villegas, Petter 11 - please go
    Williams, Richie 16 - mckinley gets his spot
    Zambrano, Henry 17 - keep

I think that we should pick up Chacon.

13. Atouk

Atouk BigSoccer Supporter

DC United
    Apr 16, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have the full details of the deal with Aguila been made known? I know it was officially a "loan" at the time, but one would think that sale terms and new contract terms had been arranged in advance, even if they weren't announced, no? No one talked about this deal like it was "let's see how he does and maybe we'll buy him and sign him" -- it was more like how they thought this young kid would grow into something with United.

14. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    I think this goes a bit too far. Yes, we can go the Rongen/P-40 route, pick up a barrel full of youngsters via the draft and in time they'd be very good - or at least the ones who develop would. But waaayy before that would happen, Hudson, like Rongen before him, would be fired as those youngsters will need two years, minimum, to pull their weight.

We need a couple of starters: a forward, a left wing, a d-mid. We have very little to trade since trading someone with any value will open another hole elsewhere. So we need to do some trading of draft picks to fill holes by veterans who can play now. We don't and shouldn't trade all the draft picks, but at least one of our first rounders is up for trade.

15. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia

16. rymannryan

rymannryan New Member

Aug 27, 2002
    N.N., Virginia
    I was under the impression that Mapp was an attacking c-mid when we got him. I never knew he was a winger.

17. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    Yeah, he's a winger.

18. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    I wasn't trying to say the'd be starters. I am projecting them as extremely inexpensive but decent immediate quality and good future quality subs. I'm figuring on 3 defenders/Dmids and one target forward. My shopping list looks like this, Nate Jaqua/Knox Cameron, Todd Dunivant (not P-40), Hunter Freeman and Jonathon Spector. Jaqua would contribute as the 4th forward and cost zero against the cap. Dunivant would make the minimum or close to it and could step in immediately as a backup defender. Freeman would cost zero against the cap and could fill in as our 4th winger, 4th Dmid, and 5th defender. Depth. Spector would be strictly for the future.

Almost every MLS side has good starters, but the second string is usually weak. The little-recognized platinum nugget in MLS rosters is the P-40, who can provide decent play with zero cap hits, and can allow you to grow your own stars ala DaMarcus, Convey, Santino, Buddle, etc. These guys are very valuable, all have high work rate, all give full effort, and are probably all underpaid. Platinum nuggets that cannot be found from without.

What United lacks IMHO, are 2 to 4 players. None will be the result of a trade for a SuperDraft pick. They need one or two quality finishers, at least one being a senior international. That move pivots upon the Moreno/Etch situation, and probably simply on Moreno. It requires an allocation/discovery/whatever pick, an SI space and salary cap space. P-40's can add 80K+ to your salary cap situation if you carry 4 P-40's. That's nothing to sneeze at.

The other position(s) that are needed include 1 Dmid assuming that Ray gets rid of Williams. There are none to be had in MLS. If we gave away something, we might be able to swing Peter Vagenas or Jim Rooney, which are good combo Dmids but not really Hmids. I dunno who will fill this position or where he will come from. The last position to fill is the Etch/Hmid role.

Assuming Convey stays in the center--which would be wise--and that Ray moves to his 352--also wise--and a new Dmid is added--very likely--then United needs another central midfielder to play offense and defense. If Eliseo plays there we'll need a pure-defender as Dmid. If Reyes plays there we'll need another defender to back up the back line. If we go outside for that player, we'll likely need an SI spot and our "you suck allocation" or whatever it's called.

Soooooooo, in any scenario we'll need cap space and defensive depth. This is precisely what P-40's can contribute ... in addition to skill.

-Tron

19. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    Great point Skip. I'm not convinced that Mapp has earned a starting job by all means, but the questions are whether Hudson wants to emphasize that spot or not. Villegas has shown progress defensively. I didn't think I'd ever say that. I can see Hudson giving ample time to both Mapp and Villegas at left wing next season with Eliseo playing a variety of roles.

I expect Hudson to emphasize forward and Dmid/Hmid, leaving very little cap space for a substantial upgrade at left wing. Also, how Hudson deals with Lazo, Chino, Namoff, Villegas and Mapp will be crucial as well. IMHO, there are too many midfield role/utility players on our bench. Some will be shipped out. Only Villegas and Mapp have any real trade value.

Personally, I'd keep Mapp for sure, and probably keep Villegas as well at this point. I'd let the chips fall where they may in the offseason and pre-season with Namoff, Chino and Lazo.

-Tron

20. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    How much would you pay Villegas though? He held out last year, saying the minimum wasn't enough. Myself, I'd take care of other things (the other priorities like forward, etc.) before I offered Peter a raise.

21. ursula

ursula Member

Feb 21, 1999
    Republic of Cascadia
    That makes sense now. Thanks. I do disagree that we can't one of the players for one of our draft picks as I think Jim Rooney can be had for that price (the second first rounder). (My guess is that Sigi will ask more for Vagenas.) That (the Rooney for a first round pick) would happen if we don't resign Etch making our central midfield: Reyes---Rooney---Convey, I can see Hudson biting on this alignment though I'm not sure if getting Rooney is the best idea.

22. Marco10

Marco10 Member+

Sep 9, 2002
    I don't think Convey's recent play makes Marco expendable at all. It seems to me Bobby has struggled mightily every time he's been put into the middle by himself, or with a lesser player helping him. It's only recently when he's been paired with Marco backing him that both of them have become dramatically more effctive.

It reminds me of Chicago's problem with Nowak. They thought Kovalenko would make him expendable, but he only succeeded in the middle when he had Nowak helping him with the load. Armas and Marsch weren't enough. Neither of those more defensive oriented guys had enough vision to make it work. I see the same thing for DC if Marco is dumped in favor of a cheaper, more defensive guy like Rooney.

I agree that Marco would be a lot more valuable at less money, but unless a cheaper CREATIVE player can be found, Convey and DC will struggle badly without him.

Also, I very seriously doubt there will be any impact player for DC in this next draft, so pinning hopes on that is a bit wishful. No offensive draft pick has ever contributed in their first year unless they had previous professional experience like Twellman. I doubt any college player out there will changee that. There are some impact defenders in the draft, but DC doesn't need that.

I'd fix the team by finding some way to dump Moreno and getting Marco to sign for less money. Then sign a high priced target forward (Moreno's money) and a decent left winger (squeezed from Marco's cut and anywhere else. Then you got Rimando, Reyes, Pope, Nelsen (or Prideaux if Nellie leaves), Olsen, Richie, Marco, Convey, left winger, Quaranta, New forward as a starting lineup. Whatever else is just window dressing, so keep or cut whoever seemss to be earning their keep next year.

23. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    No, he was a star on the same US Youth National team that Santino and Eddie Johnson were on, among others. He's been on the radar screen for years.

If you want to learn more about Mapp and many players that may be in the 2003 SuperDraft, as well as future USMNT players, go here:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=255

-Tron

24. DigitalTron

DigitalTron New Member

Apr 4, 2001
    Arlington, VA
    My understanding was that he returned to the Metros--unhappily--under the same contract. Zambrano took the hard line and succeeded. After that Villegas' not-so-good attitude took a turn for the worst. He honestly believed he was better than Ramos from what I've heard. So, he was traded.

Upon arriving in DC his attitude and perspective changed. I think he now realizes that he wasn't and isn't a finished product. He's still a firey player though.

Some here have referred to him as a blind squirrell, because he dribbles furiously but doesn't seem to contribute much. I think Villegas' realization that he's just one of many good players has allowed him to address his deficiencies, which are his vision and decision making, and of course, his lack of defense. I've seen strides this season, but I didn't expect to see them. Now he occasionally makes some pretty insightful passes, several of which have led to goals. He seems to pass more and dribble less. He's obviously trying far more on defense than he has in the past ... and that's a major first step.

I was a Villegas-hater when he arrived. I must say now that I am appreciative of his improving game. He no longer dribbles into the corner to get dispossessed and then whine. Now he dribbles some and lifts his head looking for a good pass before dribbling some more. Also, he's fast and seems to have gotten Ray's message of playing defense or not playing at all.

I think he's still making ~30K, and I'd say he's probably a good value at that price. He can play either wing, is good at possession, is fast enough to cover, is improving at closing down the flank and corner defensively, and adds to the passing game offensively.

If he were to get a raise, his value would go down, both in terms of value to united and trade value.

-Tron

25. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is my updated keep cut list:

Alavanja, Lazo 6 (Cut)
    Alegria, Jose 13 (Keep)
    Ammann, Mike 1 (Retire)
    Convey, Bobby 15 (Keep)
    Curtis, Ali 28 (Keep)
    Etcheverry, Marco 10 (Retire)
    Lassiter, Roy 27 (Cut)
    Mapp, Justin 21 (Keep)
    McGinty, Mike 22 (Keep)
    McKinley, Ivan 8 (Cut)
    Moreno, Jaime 9 (Trade)
    Namoff, Bryan 12 (Keep)
    Nelsen, Ryan 7 (Keep)
    Olsen, Ben 14 (Keep)
    Pope, Eddie 23 (Keep)
    Prideaux, Brandon 4 (Keep/Trade)
    Quaranta, Santino 25 (Keep)
    Quintanilla, Eliseo 20 (Keep)
    Reyes, Milton 5 (Keep)
    Rimando, Nick 18 (Keep)
    Villegas, Petter 11 (Cut)
    Williams, Richie 16 (Trade)
    Zambrano, Henry 17 (Cut)

I expect to see either Williams, Moreno and or Prideaux somehow involved in a trade. Don't know what for yet but at least Moreno or Williams.