How will Toronto FC do against Liga MX clubs in CCL?

Discussion in 'CONCACAF Champions Cup' started by MLS Detroit, Dec 14, 2017.

1. MLS Detroit

MLS Detroit Member

Jan 20, 2001
    Melvindale, MI, USA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After completing the greatest season in MLS history, how will Toronto FC do against Liga MX clubs in the 2018 Concacaf Champions League? If I am correct about the new format, they probably would not face a Liga MX club until the semifinals in early April which would give the Reds nearly six weeks of league competition and four games of CCL competition to get into top form. I still view them as a slight underdog against Tigres but ever so-slight favorites against America, Chivas, and Tijuana. A respectable loss in the semifinals would be honorable. A respectable loss in the final would be admirable and total victory in the CCL would be the greatest accomplishment in MLS history. Can they do it?

2. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In 2011-2012 Toronto beat Los Angeles in the Quarterfinals and lost the Semifinal aggregate to Santos Laguna 7-3. I'm not saying Toronto will do that bad, but I wouldn't make any MLS club favored over any Liga MX club. As for avoiding Liga MX clubs, Toronto won't face a Liga MX club in the Round of 16. Assuming Toronto and all four Liga MX clubs reach the Quarterfinals, Toronto will have a 4/7ths chance at facing a Liga MX club then, but Monday will have the draw for all the rounds, so clubs will find out then the earliest they could face a Liga MX club. MLS clubs should hope at least 3 Liga MX clubs are drawn in the same half of the bracket.

It's called FOOTBALL repped this.
  3. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If Toronto get past the rd of 16, they look like they´ll face Tigres so, if they beat them they should get to the final. @Paul Calixte what are you waiting for to make the 2018 ccl thread? :p

4. Paul Calixte

Paul Calixte Moderator
    Staff Member

Orlando City SC
    Apr 30, 2009
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The actual schedule :D Feel free to beat me to the punch until then.

5. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    LMAO, favs against those MX teams. Good thing you're not a bookie.

Any bookie with any sense would put them as underdogs against any MX team, if they wanna make any money at all. They should be 4-1 underdogs against Tig, 2-1 dogs against America, 1.5-1 against GDL, and 1-1 against Xolos. And that's conservative. Bwin will prolly have em at like 10-1 vs all 4.

6. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm liking the sounders over the chicas :coffee:

SixKick repped this.
  7. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    They have to beat the fearsome Colorado Rapids first! Ha!