How will the rest of the season go? Post it here!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Bill-DC, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    I posted this response on Martin's United Mania site and it will be interesting to see everyone's thoughts. Serious, funny, predict the scores whatever. How will DCU fare the rest of the year?

8/10- DC 2 KC 1
    Bruce Springsteen concert at MCI Center inspires DCU to kick KC Out In The Street. Glory Days return to RFK.

8/17- SJ 0 DC 1
    Own goal by Goose gives DCU the first road win since, well I can't remember the exact date but I guess was sometime during Clinton's second term as President.

8/25- NY 0 DC 4
    Goals by Juan Berthy Suarez, Thor Lee, Mike Huwiler and Ben Crawley pace United. Matt Olson a rock in goal for DC.

8/31- DC 1 SJ 0
    RFK and yet another mistake by Agoos, this time he hauls down Moreno in the area. Nick Rimando converts the PK.

9/7- NE 1 DC 2
    My wedding day. I get to Summers late opting to miss the reception. New wife constantly ringing cell phone, so I heave it in the air after the second goal in celebration. Oops. Joe at Summers is pissed I put a hole in the celing so I get a lifetime ban, new Father in law is pissed. Can't a guy get a break or what?

9/12- NY/NJ 1 DC 1
    Goals by Michael Mejido (NY/NJ) and GrillMaster (DC) in a hard fought draw. I get in argument with Cruise ship employee, who threatens to throw me overboard to the sharks. @#$%& cruise ship can't pick up the game on tv.

9/14- DC 1 NY 0
    Rematch of 9/12 at RFK. Sonny Askew puts one past Shep Messing late in the match avoiding dreaded shootout.

9/19- DC 2 Dal 0
    First day back from honeymoon and I head to RFK. New wife is slowly coming around, tossing coffee mugs in my direction instead of pots and pans. Fans at stadium chanting "We want Dallas!, We want Dallas!" as Chad Deering and co. take the field scared. Ray Hudson activated and assists on both goals for DC, who are playoff bound!

2. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is what I posted over there:

8/10- DC 2 KC 0 (Meola is distracted by some guy behind the goal offering cheeseburgers ;) )

8/17- SJ 3 DC 1 (Road woes continue as Donovan tears off Goose's shirt after Goose scores the Hat Trick)

8/25- NY 1 DC 2 (DC gains first road win as Lisi scores own goal game winner for DC)

8/31- DC 1 SJ 1 (Hard fought tie as DC overcomes early Donovan goal as Q2 nets first of the year)

9/7- NE 1 DC 3 (Olsen and Q2 combine for all three goals, McKinley score own goal on irrate Rimando)

9/12- NY 0 DC 0 (United and Metro's play to scoreless draw, as Lisi sits on the bench to all NY to protect it's tie)

9/14- DC 3 NY 0 (Moreno, Marco and Q2 form new triangle)

9/19- DC 2 Dal 2 (Olsen and Convey collect DC's goals as United makes the playoffs)

3. Topo

Topo Member

Feb 15, 2001
    Slowly. Painfully.

I notice that you stopped game reports at the end of the regular season. I think that's a pretty good "guess."

I booked a cruise for November, after the season. I should have booked it during the season to miss this crap.

4. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Missing the playoffs won't be so bad if we can at least sweep the Metrotwats.

5. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We win the rest of our home games but just miss the playoffs. At the final home game La Barra Brava refuses to leave lot 8 after the game and sets up camp for next year. I mail Ray Hudson my bar tab for the year and check myself into Betty Ford. How long before training camp starts?

6. DCUnited401

DCUnited401 New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    germantown, md
    i was just wondering... the atlantic cup thing is still going on with the metros right? if it is and we win it does that mean the united have won their 7th cup. it's not a major cup, but it would still be something we won right?

7. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, totally forgot about the Atlantic Cup. Well by cracky that is something to shoot for (and makes that roadtrip EXTRA important!)

K

8. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    8/10- DC 1 KC 0 - Defenders finally learn that Preki goes left...DC United scoring in the 70th minute causes a strange alignment shift in the universe and the lights go out in KC instead of DC. However, DC holds onto the lead to post the 6th shut out and first win in too long...

8/17- SJ 1 DC 1 - Now that the seal has been broken, DC United actually scores on the road. Of course, McKinley's forays forward cost a goal as no one is marking DeResario for the late game equalizer.

8/25- NY 0 DC 2 - Petke and Diallo sent off. DC again puts the smack down on the Metro Donkey's. In particular, Ben's hat trick is ruled out because Brian Hall wasn't paying attention to Steve Jolly's hand ball on the line that was so good, the Jets come calling for a wide receiver position...

8/31- DC 1 SJ 0 - DC United does it up proper this time and holds the shut out as McKinley is booed everytime he crosses the midfield line and therefore remains in the back and actually cuts out the pass to DeResario that would have created the equalizer.

9/7- NE 1 DC 1 - Having learned to stay at home, McKinley only allows Ralston to beat him once. However, Twellman proves again that "he is just a poacher and without service can't do anything" as he takes a Ralston pass and scores. DC gets a late equalizer to make it seem ok.

9/12- NY/NJ 1 DC 4 - Break out game for DC United as the team pulls out all the stops. Tino comes back for 10 minutes at the end and scores the 4th goal.

9/14- DC 3 NY 0 - With momentum now, DC completes the sweep of the Metrodonkeys. As Olsen scores the 3rd goal, he pulls up his jersey to reveal his T-shirt which reads "We ripped those Metrodonkeys a new one! I love DC!"

9/19- DC 0 Dal 2 - Seemingly unstoppable, DC United falls to pieces and puts on a display worthy of 2001...The complete lack of coordination in midfield allows Vaca to run rampant and set up Kreis for a brace...

DC United sneaks into the play offs...

BTW - did I mention those cool multicolored paper slips I ate this afternoon... They were in DC United colors....ooooooooh the colors..... :)

9. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    A.J. Wood resigned. Ray puts him in as a forward. The Woodmeister sets single season high goal record for MLS.

I can dream, can't I??

10. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    While your at it, could you bring back Gori too? :)

11. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    Andrew Shue is a free agent. Maybe Ray will give him a call.

Bill, who used to actually watch Melrose Place....

12. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    That would be Elisabeth Shue's older brother. Man is she SWEEEET!! :)