How will Landon Donovan fare in his Bayer Leverküsen debut?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by babytiger2001, Jan 4, 2005.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Donovan doesn't play forward - they're using him in midfield. Ain't nobody gonna displace Berbatov.

2. sacrxy

sacrxy BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 6, 2003

3. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I have the same attitude that Landon apparently has- no big deal if he doesn't start the first few games, just eventually give him his opportunity if his play warrants it. Here's another point why I think he will be successful. Besides his overall talent, he's technically sound and very quick. Unlike lesser athletes, he will adjust to the faster speed of play quite well. And don't forget, a lot of the touches and passes to and from San Jose teammates were not always successful because he played with lesser talents (no offense, Quakes fans). That won't be a problem with Leverkusen.

4. Bartio88

Bartio88 New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    I reckon the kid is world class and will rape the German league winning everything for leverkusen. Donovan >>>>> dare I say L.Messi

5. DigitalFutbol

DigitalFutbol Member

Sep 27, 2005
    USA
    I don't expect much from Landy at Leverkusen....wait, haven't we done this before...I feel dejavu all over again :)

6. spoonman

spoonman Member

Sep 6, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Come off the bench, play only as a late-game sub

7. neekslamb

neekslamb New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    He will definitely be able to hang with them. Expect him to be a very influential player

8. Ronaldinho11

Ronaldinho11 Red Card

Jul 28, 2003
    San Pedro Sula
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I dont see him breaking into the starting eleven, he might start a match here and there, but no more than that.

9. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Let's see how many shirts he sells.