How/where to follow non-televised matches?

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by FearM9, Sep 11, 2003.

1. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Since a good number of games will not be televised...any clue on how/where to follow the action...MatchTracker?...online audio?...other countries soccer federation sites?

During the last summer Olys...the Sydney Morning Herald had a match tracker on their site...SOB that was hard staying up that late to follow US games.

I lurked around the FIFA WWC site briefly and saw nothing on this.

2. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    i'm sure ESPN's Soccernet.com will have a matchtracker...

also if you have both telefutura and galavision you'll see every game either live or taped.

3. nordby1

nordby1 Member

Sep 4, 2001
    SAN DIEGO
    Club:
    Lillestrom SK
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    Telefutura?

I would expect that the "fotball.no" site will have their usual matchtracker in operation for at least some of Norway's matches, but I'm hoping that I won't need to use it after finding out that Telefutura will show the Norway - France match live and Galavision will show the Norway - South Korea match live.

Watching the South Korea match on Galavision is no problem in the San Diego area because I know that Galavision is available on Cox cable as well as at my favorite sports bar, Sports City Cafe in La Jolla. Unfortunately Sports City Cafe doesn't have Telefutura and so far I haven't even come across any digital cable packages available in San Diego that include Telefutura.

4. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    First of all, the Canadasoccer.com website usually has matchtrackers for the National team games and certainly will this time.

Eurosport will be showing a good number of games. However, they also have a live audio feed of their station in several languages: Here's the schedule on the English broadcast(same one that is at Eurosport.com) with times in EST(for the first couple of days):

9/20/03

2:45 PM
    Women Nigeria - North Korea

5:00 PM
    Women Norway - France

9/21/03

4:00 AM
    Women Germany - Canada

12:30 PM
    Women USA - Sweden

4:30 PM
    Women Brazil - South Korea