How we destroyed barcelona and their primadonas

Discussion in 'Soccer Videos' started by Colorado_GAUCHO, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    I assume you think MLS is the greatest league in the world because their sides, in full season form/fitness, can beat European teams starting their pre-season?

2. Volrath

Volrath Member

Jun 28, 2007
    I think there's a distinction of importance between English teams and Italian and Spanish teams. Teams like Man U and Liverpool didn't really give a sh$t when they had to participate in this tournament, they considered it a destraction and a waste of their time.

On the other hand teams like Milan, Real and Barçelona take this competition very seriously, just look at how Berlusconi is allready demanding months in advance that Milan take revenge on Boca and bring back the cup where it belongs.
    I remember Rijkaard saying before the game that this could possibly be Barçelona's only chance in a long time to win the trophy.
    And Real's coach Vicente Del Bosque took this very seriously, in fact the entire fanbase demanded that the cup should be won convincingly, imagine their surprise when some unknown player named Riquelme made all their star players look like bumbling idiots.

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that: even if the general European population doesn't care about the competition, it still doesn't take away the fact the general search of prestige that allways accompanies clubs like Milan, Real and Barçelona.

So yes, there is in fact honor to be found when a little team from Porto Allegre beats a star strudded squad to be crowned world champions.

3. lolio

lolio New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Whoever says european teams don't care about the club world cup is full of bullshit.

40 yrs old Maldini, who could have retired in may after 20+ years of winning, is desperate to return to the field in time to play that cup you label as "insignificant".

Everything a Barcelona fan says to justify the loss, well, that's an excuse. In this regard topic creator is right.

4. brazil10

brazil10 New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Barcelona have a very strong squad. For the new generation, they have iniesta, messi, dos santos and Bojan. Experienced: Ronaldinho, Deco, Henry, Eto`o....................... that is really hard to beat them!!!!!!!

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    The only bullshit was your post.

6. macaluca

macaluca Member+

Nov 24, 2005
    Park bench
    I think Florentino's comment after that game "How are we going to conquer the Asian market with performances like that" (paraphrased as I can't be bothered to look up the exact quote)...says more about Madrid's attitude to the game than anything else. Madrid's desire to win was not based on any great respect for the competition.
    Yes I know the players and coaching staff would have wanted to win but to pretend this competition comes higher on their list of priorities than 38 league games or a dozen or so CL games is nonsense. A lacklustre performance against a team giving everything would also show you who was really prioritising the game...(although after hitting the woodwork, having two goals disallowed, creating countless other good chances and dominating the second half, I think it's fair to say a Madrid side giving 100% in the game would certainly have won )
    As for the fan base, well as part of that fan base, I can tell you myself and many others would have loved to win...but to say we were demanding it is stretching the truth ...as is to imagine that it was all important to us. You only have to look at the amount of support we took to the game compared to Boca's to see which set of fans were more motivated by the game.

I see you are a Chelsea and Sevilla fan....two words...

'bubbles' 'burst'

7. lolio

lolio New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Ok dude. Come back talking about significance of CWC when any scottish team will play in it. Hope you live 1000 years to see it.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    A pathetic response but entirely expected. I guess I must have hit a nerve.

9. lolio

lolio New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    I love pathetic yet true responses :D

10. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Teso...you should just remove your Location, then it'd stop these dimwitted posters from finding something to get at. Even if it's of little importance.

11. lolio

lolio New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Sure, post #30 in this thread demonstrates huge wit instead...

12. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    If they wish to publically highlight their level of intelligence and maturity then so be it. It usually strengthens my position.

13. lolio

lolio New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    Returning on topic, Barcelona cared about the cup, but they lost because the other team scored more goals than them, no great science involved here.

Why making excuses? Is it really needed?

14. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    No-one is making any excuses for Barcelona. What we are doing is pointing out the fact that European clubs do not put the same amount of importance into the tournament. For the vast majority it is considered an irrelevance. It cannot be denied.

15. lolio

lolio New Member

Mar 9, 2007
    For what clubs it's irrelevant? Give me the names.

All I saw this past 2 years were 2 blown up teams who went to Japan thinking they had the cup in their pockets already, only to be thrashed in front of the whole world.

It's too easy to say "it's insignificant anyway" AFTER you lose it. It's lame lame lame.

16. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    ExcusaPalooza is still going for the guy that must say "European this and european that" trying to get in to the other european teams prestige since Scotland SUCKS so bad and NEVER will be capable of wining anything. How sad it is for one that must hide behind the glory of others since futebol for him is NOTHING of joy. He says "european teams don't care" yeah right... They can't win so that's the excuse. Now why he finds so necessary for him to defend Europe's honor? Damn I think he might even be sad liverpool lost to Sao Paulo 2 editions ago, a scot licking the english boots, what else is new. Cry me a river you no team loser, I'm Brasilian! Several times WC champion with my NT and World Champion with my club was well. You will never ever in your dreams will be able to experience the joy of victory. You are just bitter.

17. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    *yawn*

Europeans have long considered it to be insignificant. Do a search on BS and you will find numerous threads detailing that fact before a ball has ever been kicked and before anyone knew who would be involved. That's before we look decades into the past to find clubs not participating at all. Your claim that Europeans only consider it to be insignificant after the game and should they lose is frankly laughable and highlights that you know little about the subject.

The fanboy above is only continuing to make a complete fool of himself. Poor lad.

18. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Hey loser, by the europeans that consider insignificant you mean the ones that got to play and lose or the ones that NEVER gonna play like the sucking countries like scotland and such?

19. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
  20. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    hahaha

You loser want to talk garbage when no team in your country will ever be able to get to that level, not in a billion years. Sucker I'm CAMPEAO DO MUNDO! And I saw that 3 times in my lifetime (2 my country and one my hometown team) you will be long dead and fully rot and the sons of your sons will be toothless old farts before scotland can even make it to a semifinal of anything worth mentioning, you are just a bitter punk loser that hate since you can win. I know, you envy Brasil what you gonna do? WE RULE THIS GAME and you have to sit back and watch...

21. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    well, half the players in the european champions league are from outside Europe, and outside Europe, people care about the WCC. Not only that, but 8/10 of those foreign players are south americans, who care above all at the WCC.

There are over 120 brazilian players playing the current Champions League. All of them care about the WCC.

Barça had several south americans, all of the CARE A LOT about the WCC. Deco, Ronaldinho, Messi, Sylvinho, etc.

As for Ronaldinho, he was really upset because not only he cared about the WCC, as he was also a Grêmio player, the eternal arch-rival of Inter. And the Inter-Grêmio rivalry is one of the biggest in the world without a doubt.

As for Inter, maybe history would be different had Eto and Messi played.

22. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

I dont talk much to scots, so what do you think of the fact the english national anthemn has a sentence about crushing rebellious scots in the lyrics?

you are a liar. You saw that 4 times in your lifetime. Since your hometown has TWO TEAMS that won the WCC. Unless you were born after 1983.

23. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Guys,

Colorado opened this thread just to create controversy. He is bored right now because Inter is not doing well in the Brasileiro championship. So he needs to come and post about something that happened last year for no reason whatsoever.

My point of view about the WCC is the following:

- European fans care MUCH less than SA fans.
    - I do believe that English clubs don't care much for the competition.
    - Italian/Spanish clubs care about it, but still not as much as the SA clubs.

As for European players and coaches saying pubicly that they care and want to win the WCC ... obviously they will always say in public they want to win it badly. Who the %$&! would ever say publicly they don't care about it. It's just good PR people !!!

The biggest sign you can tell a player in Europe doesn't care much about the WCC is that they never talk about it when they mention competitions to win in the beginning or middle of the year. They just talk about winning the CL. In Brazil, if you're in the Libertadores, the players, the team, the media, constantly talk about making to the WCC and winning it.

24. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    How dare you bring common sense into this thread, especially considering you support a South American club and country. Shocking stuff. :mad:

25. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    I agree with the statements. But all the evidence points to that managers and players actually care about this not just because of the PR.

When recently interviewed Del Piero said that besides winning the World Cup his best moment as a player for him was scoring the winning goal against River Plate in the Intercontinental.

Del Bosque was asked what was his worst moment during his reign as Madrid's coach and he said losing to Boca Juniors in the Intercontinental.

Of course this is just a few example. What I do notice is that the fans might say that they don't give a crap but for the players and coaches it's obviously not the case.