How to search old posts

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Bootsy Collins, Jan 12, 2021.

1. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am trying to find a post I made in October or November of 2016. How do I do that? The search functions I'm able to find only allow me to set a "Newer than" limit. If I set that to "2016-10-1", it goes no further back than partway through November 2020. How do I find a post from 2016?

Thanks.

sitruc repped this.
  2. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good luck. I once tried to do something similar and found myself scrolling/wading through what seemed like hundreds of screens.

But I'm really answering your post, just to say that I had a HUGE smile when I saw your handle/avatar. Bootsy!!!!

Bootsy Collins repped this.
  3. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I can't get hundreds of screens. I can only get 12, since this past November, even if I do ask for everything since 4 years ago. But anyway, I don't want to see all my posts since then; just the ones that occurred in that two month timespan.

4. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This seems to be related to the search function limitations which have been brought up a few times. We mods are also experiencing the same issue.

5. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's weird, because I *can* recover some old posts through searches, but not others. Some seem to be unreachable by search.